Over 3 Months In

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peata said:
I don't know if this happened as an accumulation over 5 months of doing Peaty things, or if it had to do with introducing the heat lamp everyday, or more sugar or what. I'll just carry on.

D. All the above.

:)

Swandattur

It does seem like all these things work in concert. Something that might bother me a little sometimes, might bother me a lot if too many things are left off. I had been getting less natural sun for a while and I think maybe that made some other things bother me more.

Mittir

@Swandattur

RP really did not say anything specific about root spices. He made a general statement
that root and root vegetables have less toxic defensive substances than seeds and leaves,
RP does not like garlic, he thinks garlic is too harsh on stomach . Sweet potato has too
much carotene. Here is a RP quote

A particular plant will have a variety of defensive chemicals, with specific functions. Underground, the plant’s roots and tubers are susceptible to attack by fungi and nematodes. The leaves, stems, and seeds are susceptible to attack by insects, birds, and grazing animals. Since the plant’s seeds are of unique importance to the plant, and contain a high concentration of nutrients, they must have special protection. Sometimes this consists of a hard shell, and sometimes of chemicals that inhibit the animal’s digestive enzymes. Many plants have evolved fruits that provide concentrated food for animals, and that serve to distribute the seeds widely, as when a bird eats a berry, and excretes the undigested seed at a great distance. If the fruit were poisonous, it wouldn’t serve the plant’s purpose so well. In general, the plant’s most intense toxins are in its seeds, and the fruits, when mature, generally contain practically no toxins. Roots contain chemicals that inhibit microorganisms, but because they aren’t easily accessible by grazing animals and insects, they don’t contain the digestive inhibitors that are more concentrated in the above-ground organs of the plant.

Mittir

@Peata
By increasing sugar do you mean increasing OJ? Acid in OJ can be quite harsh on enamel.
I drink super sugary coffee in big gulps to minimize sugar contact.
I neutralize OJ by adding slaked lime , you can try sodium bicarbonate too.
it does not taste good but make sure acid is totally neutralize.
I can tolerate bit of acidic food now. Regular liver is helping a lot with
sensitive teeth. Possibly the vitamin K in liver. Beef liver has lots of vitamin K
which is not reflected in nutritiondata.

OP
Peata

Peata

I increased OJ but other sugar too. I think I'm getting more K now than I was when I started, through food.

Here's a post I found by Edward under the thread about receding gums viewtopic.php?f=10&t=296&start=70

Some people have noticed that while increasing the amount of sugar in their diet that their gums and teeth get sore. I think in some cases this can be an indicator that the teeth are “rearranging”. This happened in me. I had very straight teeth all my life. After a few months of experimenting with low carbohydrate dieting I began to notice some crowding or asymmetries in my teeth. After resuming my normal diet they straightened back up after a few nights of my jaw feeling like it was going to fall off. Symmetry is beautiful. And typically people who start eating rationally often become more attractive I think that this is because of improved energy production and availability and the consequence is symmetry and the body regenerates.

I'll use more baking soda.

Swandattur

@ Mittir
Thanks for the quote. Still, the root spices seem like a better bet. Of course, some roots are highly poisonous. The spices that are actually the fruit of a seed might be less likely to be toxic.

OP
Peata

Peata

I'm at about 6-1/2 mos. RP.

To recap, I've seen improvements here and there from the start, but it was really around months 5 - 6 that I seem to reach a milestone.

In the last week, I added more zinc to my diet. I did this based on research I did here and through the rest of the web. I was apparently deficient in zinc & copper heavy because the zinc has worked miracles.

The final test will be how I continue to do between now and the end of the month, when my period comes. I am currently in the luteal phase and not experiencing the problems I usually do, at least not to a significant degree. Normally I'd have to be taking aspirin around the clock for breast ache, I'd be broken out with cysts and lots of oil on my face and upper neck, and I'd be retaining more water than I am.

In the last 3 years, nothing else has touched the problem like zinc has in the last week. I don't want to post too soon and "jinx" my results, but the fact is, I'm doing 90% or more better from symptoms of estrogen dominance, and it started with zinc/oysters.

OP
Peata

Peata

Yes, it's encouraging because I'm already a week past ovluation time, when I'd be experiencing a brunt of symptoms from that time on.

OP
Peata

Peata

Here are some snippets of what I recorded in August when I was in this exact same spot in my cycle that I am today:

...feeling some anxiety so far today and a little yesterday off and on. I'm doing the big doses of Progest E. Woke up with sore breasts, took aspirin... I've been up a few pounds for no apparent reason for the last couple days...bowels are wanting to move regularly, but... skin has some small sore areas and larger one on forehead... Body odor not good yesterday...GB has been active - felt cramps when eating ice cream, and at other times, or just ache and burn...also been having feel of puffiness in a.m. maybe some slight achiness in joints...

As you can see, I haven't been in the best shape in the 2nd half of my cycle, and it used to be worse before the RP stuff. But something was still missing.

Now, after supplementing zinc and eating oysters when I can, pretty much everything that used to happen isn't happening. Or very little comparatively.

I just go by my skin. If I feel some bump or spot of inflammation trying to rise up, I pop at least another 1/4 tablet of zinc (coming from a 50 mg. tablet). Sometimes this means I have to take zinc every 3 - 4 hours.

I have found I cannot rely soley on oysters, at least not right now. I can't eat them everyday (would burn out on them quick). And even if I could eat them daily, just one meal of them per day isn't enough at the moment. For example, I had probably 6 oz of oysters around noon, and by 4 p.m. I had to top up the zinc with another 1/4 tablet due to an inflamed spot trying to pop up.

I might not have to stay on such a high dose eventually. Perhaps I won't need so much in the first half of cycle, or I can find a way to boost a smaller amount of zinc with other nutrients. For now though, this is working.

OP
Peata

Peata

Relieved when I checked my blood pressure at Walmart today. I know the kiosk may not be calibrated perfectly, but it has to be ballpark. Anyway, it was 105/70. I have to admit I'd been a little concerned due to old brainwashing about the dangers of excess sodium. I get 4 - 6 g. per day.

J

j.

Peata said:
Relieved when I checked my blood pressure at Walmart today. I know the kiosk may not be calibrated perfectly, but it has to be ballpark. Anyway, it was 105/70. I have to admit I'd been a little concerned due to old brainwashing about the dangers of excess sodium. I get 4 - 6 g. per day.

I think the dangers of sodium are true when the kidney can't eliminate sodium. But then the problem is the kidney, not salt.

OP
Peata

Peata

I did end up getting estrogen dominance problems around my period last time. Had cramps too.

Well I keep trying new things and I think I'm narrowing it down, getting closer. I won't give up.

I am about a week out from period and so far so good. I've increased minerals, aspirin, still taking zinc, taking 2 curcumin 2 x day, drinking more milk, OJ...

OP
Peata

Peata

Have had some interesting developments, but I won't know for sure what's going on until I see if I make it to this period without problems.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peata did you see that list of estrogen dominance symptoms I posted on another thread? One of the symptoms was zinc deficiency.

viewtopic.php?p=30927#p30927

smuthie

Now I'm wondering how you're doing, how you feel and is the estrogen kicking in hard or is it more controlled this time? Thank you for your detailed information and openness. It really helps others to have another experience and perspective.

OP
Peata

Peata

smuthie said:
Now I'm wondering how you're doing, how you feel and is the estrogen kicking in hard or is it more controlled this time? Thank you for your detailed information and openness. It really helps others to have another experience and perspective.

Last time it went well up until my period, then I got cramps and other usual problems. But I consider it a good thing that the ED held off as long as it did. Normally it would have been bothering me for weeks.

This time, so far so good, but again, my period isn't due for at least a couple more days.

Back
Top Bottom