1. LGS1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Our Tarot Reader On The Antagonistic Effects Of Magnesium On Calcium

Discussion in 'Magnesium' started by Amazoniac, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

2. Regina

Regina Member

3. haidut

haidut Member

From the last paragraph:
    "...Hans Selye demonstrated that calcification of various tissues (kidneys, blood vessels, and skin, for example) could be produced by interactions of stress and hormones."

Damn right, and I posted a recent study confirming that.
    Cortisol And Aldosterone Cause Vascular Calcification

So, in addition to the progesterone, vitamin E, and thyroid we can also add pregnenolone to that list due to its aldosterone and cortisol antagonism. It also seems to have other effects leading to protection from CVD. DHEA probably does the same, if used in lower doses to avoid raising estrogen.
    Pregnenolone (and DHEA) May Protect From Heart Disease

4. OP
    Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

I suppose that higher intakes of vit C protects the person from the calcium catastrophe as well.
    I recently posted something about its importance in mineral deposition and bone modeling, it reminded me of Travis' posts on its involvement in the formation of extracellular matrices.

The only reason why I created a thread for this is because we have to stop the notion that you can't get too much calcium, especially when weak. I know that it's not a dietary issue, but flooding the body with calcium ingestion should contribute to the problem.

5. haidut

haidut Member

Could not agree more. I do not feel well on over 1,000mg of calcium daily, unless accompanied by at least 500mg magnesium.

6. OP
    Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

And it's usually a fat-soluble vitamin imbalance, rather than insufficient calcium.

7. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

Is this supplemental magnesium or dietary?

8. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

It’s virtually impossible to ingest 500 mg of dietary magnesium per day. Really easy to get 1 gram of calcium though.

9. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

It would take conscious effort yes, impossible, no.

10. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Correct, consciousness is virtuosity, lol

11. meatbag

meatbag Member

Thanks @Amazoniac I really needed to read this. Been getting really bad vascular spasms lately and all my veins have turned blue for nearly three months. Gonna make some Magbicarb mañana

12. OP
    Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

The fact that milk is unpalatable without a sweetener is telling, in the same way that the majority of people if given the option prefer when it's combined with coffee or chocolate as a second adjustment. Dairy isn't suitable for adults in large amounts.

In my opinion citrus fruits and milch is not a good pairing at all. It's even more calcium and liquid for the meal. With cheeses the combination might be better because of more protein and fats in relation to calcium and less liquids which combined ease the calcium punch.

And speaking of a gram of calcium, personally I find that I start to become demented as my intake increases much more than that. And without enough calcium my brain becomes just too fluid that I'm more susceptible to an anxious state, it seems indeed stabilizing. Paul Eck used to say that the ratios but also the amounts matter, and I believe he was correct: I get negative effects from all the magnesium and calcium deviations.

It's not so hard to get 500mg of magnesium through diet. But for some time I thought that all calcium excess could be counteracted with more supplemental magnesium, but then my experience tied my shoelaces from both feet together when I was distracted and scared me with the truth, and when I tried to escape, I fell, and only my ignorance showed up to wake me up for reality: :therethere (this smiley reminds me of narouz)
    There are many inconveniences such as the excess phosphate that comes along with dairy for example. But the simple fact alone that more energy is spent to keep calcium out of cells, it should affect everything else in a bad way. @blu

13. OP
    Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

And then there's the fluoride problem in most wassers used to prepare magnesium bicarbonate, especially because people ingest it away from meals.

14. dfspcc20

dfspcc20 Member

Are there reliable blood tests for Mg status? Since I'm doing some transdermal Mg, I'm not sure how to assess how much I'm actually absorbing (vs taking orally).

Does anyone else find it difficult *not* to get 2000+mg of Ca while getting enough protein and minimizing phosphate on a Peat-inspired diet?

@Amazoniac @haidut

15. haidut

haidut Member

I think erythrocyte magnesium test is pretty good but is expensive and not covered by most insurances. Nail testing is probably also a good indicator (as per Peat), but also not covered by insurance.

16. OP
    Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

There's a professional test: take 2000IU of supplemental vit D away from calcium-rich meals and wait for cramps. If they don't come, you're probably fine. :ss

17. haidut

haidut Member

Supplemental. As Frank said, it is hard to get 500mg dietary magnesium unless you drink scoops of instant coffee.

18. OP
    Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Coconut wasser, tubers, cocoa powder, leafy greens, dates, are good sources.

19. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Almonds, Buckwheat, Pumkin Seeds are the top sources, especially Pumkin seeds, but that’s loaded with PUFA in the form of GLA

20. dfspcc20

dfspcc20 Member

Care to expand on that? Something about the vitamin D raising Ca and lowering Mg?