Our Minds - Strongest/Weakest "Organ" In Our Body?

DMF

There isn't much, if any talk here at RPF, of how our minds play a role, or influence our physiological processes. Yeh, read stress mentioned here and there. This vitamin... that one...It get's really complicated. I've asked before about emotional well-being but no responses. Which is having more influence - what's going on outside the body or what's being put into it? What's Ray's take on the mind alone?

pranarupa

See my signature.

There is a sort of materialism, albeit a very subtle nuanced one, that informs Rays work, a materialism that recognises matter as sensitive, and well living, after all how could biology emerge from something totally different, totally inert?
See JC Bose (mentioned in CO2 vid).
I don't think (might be wrong) Ray would necessarily accept that "mind alone" is a valid concept.
"Man has no Body distinct from his Soul for that call'd Body is a portion of Soul discern'd by the five Senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age"
-William Blake

Thought, perception, insight, all require energy, hence the focus on energy in Ray's work.

“Energy is the only life, and is from the Body and Reason is the Bound or outward circumference of Energy.”
-William Blake

I think however that consciousness can enhance energy, see studies showing that meditation can decrease lactic acid.

Some studies on meditation's biological effects are mentioned here:
Ontogeny anticipates phylogeny: Evolution, meditation, and the brain.

jaguar43

DMF said:
There isn't much, if any talk here at RPF, of how our minds play a role, or influence our physiological processes. Yeh, read stress mentioned here and there. This vitamin... that one...It get's really complicated. I've asked before about emotional well-being but no responses. Which is having more influence - what's going on outside the body or what's being put into it? What's Ray's take on the mind alone?

He believes in a Lamarck ideology. That your environment dictates your well being. He consistently refers to the study by Marion Diamond about how freedom and playful things can increase brain cortex size.

[BBvideo 560,340:lno0487h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNomkE8V7Lk[/BBvideo]

So by using his recommendations you can improve your condition to improve your mind. By improving your mind you can improve your emotional well being.

pboy

im with the philosophoical masters of old...use your mind only as much as you have to, and only when you have to...or it is pleasurable to. Wasteful, fearful, non analytical, neurotic thinking is no doubt detrimental...but then again, which came first, the chicken or the egg? Try to manage your food, drink, stress, and lifestyle, setting of life...in such a way where using the mind is only necessary few and far between. Every other animal can walk around naked, has food a plenty, and doesn't stress....maybe humans are actually the dumbest animal on the planet, depends on how you look at it I guess

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals