Ostrovit

HighT

Is Ostrovit a legit manufacturer. I want to buy few supps while on budget and where I live this brand is much cheaper than other generic companies. Some items are like half price. Also I notice they are without additives just the main ingredient which is great but can I expect good quality?

success23

They are good. They are polish brand ( i think ) and their transport across europe is cheap and that makes them reasonably priced. I see that you are from Europe,

OP
HighT

HighT

Alright, Cheers! Have you used anything from them. That with transportation makes sence but still most stuff on their site is 3-7 Euro :D

success23

I have used ton of their products. Beta alanine, MCT oil, almost all aminoacids, vitamin c.. All with good results.

Explorer

I have used OstroVit L-Tyrosine, methylated b vitamins, Ashwagandha, NAC, Milk Thistle - so far all their stuff has worked

ursidae

I have used their sodium butyrate supplement. It's in the form of tiny granules contained in a capsule. It had the typical butyrate smell but I noticed the granules were showing up completely intact in my stool. The low price, the spelling and technical mistakes on the back of the bottle and the awfully long list of possible contaminants ranging from oats to crustaceans to did not inspire much confidence either. Later on I got one that was more expensive and was available in actual pharmacies and that one didn't wind up as residue in my stool. I suspect the Ostrovit supplement was fake and I've been avoiding ever since. What I have started doing after lots of trial and error is request a certificate of analysis and buy directly from the source rather than shady bodybuilder supplement shops.

Last edited:
OP
HighT

HighT

Thanks to all! What about "MyProtein" ? They are cheap too.

and the awfully long list of possible contaminants ranging from oats to crustaceans to did not inspire much confidence either.
I want to buy Taurine and Glycine and they are additives free. Do you reckon your bad experience was due to the additives or the quality of main ingridient?

success23

I have used their sodium butyrate supplement. It's in the form of tiny granules contained in a capsule. It had the typical butyrate smell but I noticed the granules were showing up completely intact in my stool. The low price, the spelling and technical mistakes on the back of the bottle and the awfully long list of possible contaminants ranging from oats to crustaceans to did not inspire much confidence either. Later on I got one that was more expensive and was available in actual pharmacies and that one didn't wind up as residue in my stool. I suspect the Ostrovit supplement was fake and I've been avoiding ever since. What I have started doing after lots of trial and error is request a certificate of analysis and buy directly from the source rather than shady bodybuilder supplement shops.
Never noticed the additives. Sucks.. Yet still all the supplements that i have tried from them produced good and noticeable results :)