Orthodoxy And The Religion Of The Future

Recoen

I heard an extremely interesting concept of Heaven/Hell from the Orthodox perspective today. I have not read enough of the Saints to have a good handle on these concepts but essentially Heaven is the blessing of those welcomed by God into His uncreated/eternal light. Hell is just that uncreated light which the forsaken cannot bear—-hence burning from His presence.
I’ve never thought of it in such a way but it makes the most sense I’ve heard on this realm.
Yes, the Orthodox view is they are the same place; those who turn away from God will “burn” in His light.

Whichway?

I heard an extremely interesting concept of Heaven/Hell from the Orthodox perspective today. I have not read enough of the Saints to have a good handle on these concepts but essentially Heaven is the blessing of those welcomed by God into His uncreated/eternal light. Hell is just that uncreated light which the forsaken cannot bear—-hence burning from His presence.
I’ve never thought of it in such a way but it makes the most sense I’ve heard on this realm.

Isn’t that just what we experience in the present moment in our head, our hearts and our flesh, depending on whether we have followed his word or strayed from his guidance?

Waynish

Yes when around people who are more perfected, those with many flaws feel like they're being attacked even when they're being shown love.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

An Elder’s perspective on what we call novelty in the work place (wherever/whatever that may be)

OP
Inaut

Inaut

have a little faith during the corunka :)

Perry Staltic

Yes, the Orthodox view is they are the same place; those who turn away from God will “burn” in His light.

The lake of fire before the throne (symbolized by the bronze lavar of the ancient temple). To the overcomers, a sea of glass (peaceful) mixed with fire that they walk above (thread under feet). To the wicked, eternal separation and a never ending reminder of what they threw away.

Mary Lyn

Thank you @Inaut for posting this interview. It is indeed really good. I have been doing Fr Peter's courses and have learned a lot especially about what Vatican 11 was about. I am looking forward to the coming one on Revelation.

Fr Peter is so right that the pressing need for us is to spiritually strong, but I have to differ on his teaching on how this is to be achieved, and that of what other fathers I have been listening to during my trip across the Bosporus, where I am stuck at the moment.

He says that God works incrementally with us but I believe that this is due to lack of knowledge of the Path to Holiness, which is the great failing of these times. It is the enemy who works this way because he is dealing with our minds, but God is first of all dealing with our spirits which is the part of us that achieves union with Him. It is the teaching of Theosis that brought me to the shores of the Bosporus in the first place.

The ancient teaching of the Via Triplex which is what gave Orthodoxy it's strength and made it the target of the enemy so often has been put aside as so much knowledge we had in the past.

This teaching is that Theosis is the result of baptism, meaning the baptism of the Spirit which should occur when water baptism takes place. Fr Peter himself says that this is when we receive Christ, and He cannot be made into pieces - we do not receive some of Him but all of Him.

It is when the power of God is infused into the man to enable the transformation to take place, that takes the man out of the worldly realm and the claims that Satan has over all of those who have fallen in the pattern of Adam and have given him rights to their souls, something that occurs in all men. Man is delivered from this right, and the exorcism ritual that takes place is that link to past teaching.

To continue to be in bondage to sin, which is the cause of mans woes, shows that the water baptism was missing the spiritual part and the teaching today in Orthodoxy, contrary to the past, is that man will reach the spiritual part by partaking in communion, and zealousness. He will slowly be transformed which is called gradual sanctification in Protestantism.

But we have been given the power in Spirit baptism and what is required is to believe this and 'reckon' on it to be true (Romans 6) meaning to break with the former ways and step into it as the Israelites had to do when they entered the promised land. It is all there in the OT for our example.

Of course the spiritual disciples are useful but they should not take the place of this faith that it was on the cross, that this mystery took place for us.

It is not happening despite all of the excellent teachings we hear because they are not getting a the root of the problem - lack of faith in what already has been achieved for us just waiting to be re-enacted in us in the resurrection of Christ within us. The physical to become spiritual. This is where Adam failed.

blessings to you.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have been doing Fr Peter's courses and have learned a lot
I’ve been considering the courses. Do you recommend them? Feel free to message me if you’d prefer to reply privately.
I first learned about the ancient Christian way one year ago via the Jesus Prayer, started visiting services in the fall and my husband and I officially started our catechumenate last month.

Perry Staltic

I’ve been considering the courses. Do you recommend them? Feel free to message me if you’d prefer to reply privately.
I first learned about the ancient Christian way one year ago via the Jesus Prayer, started visiting services in the fall and my husband and I officially started our catechumenate last month.

The thing that appeals to me about eastern orthodoxy is that they didn't fall for the gnostic error like the western catholics and protestants did.

Mary Lyn

Yes I would recommend them and you can access the past ones if you join Become a crowdcast affiliate or they will air for free on Facebook.

It is about a year since I found Orthodoxy. Glad you have progressed.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The thing that appeals to me about eastern orthodoxy is that they didn't fall for the gnostic error like the western catholics and protestants did.
It feels very different in a way that’s hard to explain. The Divine Liturgy is the most beautiful and reverent worship I’ve ever experienced.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals