Orthodoxy And The Religion Of The Future

yerrag

Birdie

HighT

@yerrag and @Birdie

It's old news, but comes to show the power of Orthodox.

"The Bulgarian church said it would not participate in any papal events during Francis' two-day trip, though members of its governing body greeted Francis upon his arrival Sunday.

The Monday afternoon peace meeting opened with the children's choir singing "We Are the World" in English. The 1985 song by Michael Jackson and Lionel Ritchie was recorded to raise funds for African famine victims."

Do you get the symbolic, pope and children singing michael jackson songs.

And now the best:

"Not all Bulgarians are happy with Pope Francis' visit.

One of the members of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church's governing body, Metropolitan Nikolay of Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second biggest city, has called Francis' visit an "an attack against Orthodoxy."

Nikolay is known for his hard-line views. He was quoted by the website podtepeto.com as saying: "The visit by the Pope of Rome is a political act, the goal is to unite all the churches around Rome, and when the Antichrist comes, for the Pope to meet him."

Speaking at a congregation in Plovdiv on Sunday, Nikolay said: "We met the Pope of Rome as head of state of the Vatican state, but no one can force us regarding common worship with him.""

Also there was another quote I can't find in English. But a Bulgarian Orthodox officiall said : Are you really want us to pray together with the pope, you will later ask us to pray together with the satan church. BOOM

"Bulgaria is the only Orthodox church not to participate in a commission fostering dialogue with the Roman Catholic church."

yerrag

I wouldn't include all Catholic Priests. The ones speaking out are suffering dearly.
Those who are not speaking out are not bearing witness to Christ, and are joined to the hip to an institution that has ceased to follow Christ. If there is no Christ, what is the point in staying put?

Last edited:

Birdie

I think most of us have assumed the Anti-Christ would be a man, but who knows.

Birdie

Birdie

”Those Who Resist the New World Order Will Have the Help and Protection of God” – Italian Archbishop Vigano​

I think that every priest has the right, or rather the duty, to warn his faithful about the real danger – not at all merely hypothetical – represented by the inoculation of this experimental medical product. This is especially the case when the entire psycho-pandemic farce clearly aims to lead toward the establishment of a dictatorship, whose purpose is to control the citizens through a violation of their constitutional and natural rights under the guise of a health emergency.

yerrag

”Those Who Resist the New World Order Will Have the Help and Protection of God” – Italian Archbishop Vigano​

Thanks.

I am with Vigano.

But most Catholics, I believe, are wedded to the idea of the pope being the rep of Christ and of his infallibility in doctrinal matters. Most will also follow his opinions on temporal matters like climate change and COVID. And most act like sheep really. They are no different from rapture evangelicals- in that being saved from hell is most important, and is motivated by fear more than by love. Never mind that Israel and its water boy US military complex commits genocide on Arab countries, as this will being about the fantasy of rapture to fruition and
Russ Limbaugh-hypnotized Evangelicals will just fly off to their heavenly paradise.

yerrag

@yerrag and @Birdie

"The Bulgarian church said it would not participate in any papal events during Francis' two-day trip, though members of its governing body greeted Francis upon his arrival Sunday.

The Monday afternoon peace meeting opened with the children's choir singing "We Are the World" in English. The 1985 song by Michael Jackson and Lionel Ritchie was recorded to raise funds for African famine victims."

And now the best:

One of the members of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church's governing body, Metropolitan Nikolay of Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second biggest city, has called Francis' visit an "an attack against Orthodoxy."

Nikolay is known for his hard-line views. He was quoted by the website podtepeto.com as saying: "The visit by the Pope of Rome is a political act, the goal is to unite all the churches around Rome, and when the Antichrist comes, for the Pope to meet him."

Speaking at a congregation in Plovdiv on Sunday, Nikolay said: "We met the Pope of Rome as head of state of the Vatican state, but no one can force us regarding common worship with him.""

Also there was another quote I can't find in English. But a Bulgarian Orthodox officiall said : Are you really want us to pray together with the pope, you will later ask us to pray together with the satan church. BOOM

"Bulgaria is the only Orthodox church not to participate in a commission fostering dialogue with the Roman Catholic church."
Laudable.

But in a generation or two, that church would be infiltrated and they will just sing the NWO chorus and refrain.

Hop not!

Birdie

C.S. Lewis said something like, "Stay in the church you are in, unless there is a very good reason to switch to another. it's better to stay put."
I've always loved this advice, but must say, I've had a lot of good reasons and made many switches. ;)

Pistachio

@yerrag and @Birdie

And now the best:

Power of the Orthodox?

Please.

Romanian and Russian Orthodox Church pro-vax and calling it a sin to reject it.

The mother of all Sins: Romanian Orthodox Church Wants to Demand Vaccine Passports for CHURCH ENTRY

https://www.eutimes.net/2021/12/the...to-demand-vaccine-passports-for-church-entry/

Birdie

I just read this and thought somebody else might benefit from it as I did.

"I first wrote about the great purposeful foreboding last year. I never thought it would apply to a second advent. Essentially, this foreboding narrative stems from a political message promoted this year by a godless joy-sucking White House: “A winter of death” awaits the unvaccinated. Seriously?

Seriously! Stop for a minute. Just stop.

Stop and think about the purpose of that narrative, and then ask yourself, are you succumbing to it?"

Birdie

The Morning Offering

My heart breaks for what I am witnessing, for as an American of Scandinavian and Scottish ancestry, I am broken hearted at what I see as a mass exodus from Christianity in the land of my birth. That even Christians have allowed themselves to be deceived by the “politically correct” changes that have pressured all of us to conform to this new “enlightened” image coming from the dark powers behind the “Great Reset”, plummets my heart to a sadness I’ve never experienced before.

As we’ve seen Russia openly restoring the foundations of the Orthodox Christian faith, we in the West have witnessed Christian biblical values vilified. As the abortion rate in Russia has plummeted in resent years, our American abortion rate has soared. As Russia has stood solidly behind standards of moral and spiritual decency historically connected to Christianity, the pressure to cave in to radically liberal ideologies has guilt tripped many otherwise believing Christians into lock-stepping with those who would govern all our thinking, while turning those of us who cling to traditional biblical values as nutcases and white supremists. Labeling the leader of an Orthodox nation (President Putin), as a fake Christian who is using the Church, is not unlike taking down the statues of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln because they were racists. War is always evil, but nations, including our own, have often entered into the evils of war in order to protect their borders.

More than 30,000 Orthodox churches have been built or rebuilt in Russia in the past 30 years, making it an average of more than three new churches built every day. Compare this to the United States and Western Europe, where more church buildings are being demolished to make way for the construction of apartment or office buildings, or, even worse, converted for other uses, such as restaurants and bars.

As the world has witnessed Russia openly promoting the Orthodox Christian faith, we in the West have witnessed Christian moral and spiritual values vilified. As we’ve witnessed the European Union, together with the United States and Canada, demanding change in laws regarding same sex marriages and transgender rights, Russia has held firm to biblical standards for their nation’s laws. Meanwhile, those of us in the West who try as best we can to proclaim Christ, and our Christian faith, are portrayed as backward hate mongers.

Saint Paisios of Athos said, “When an individual sins, God punishes the individual, but when the government sins, God punishes the whole nation”. Let us, as never before, pray for our nation, and for the countries that make up NATO, and look closely at the real enemy behind the war in Ukraine. That two of the most Orthodox nations in the world would be at war with one another is true evidence that the real enemy is Satan himself. It is Satan who desires to divide the Orthodox Church, and it is Satan who has inspired the Western leaders to surround the only nation left that refuses to tow a “politically correct” agenda that has set as its goal the destruction of authentic Christianity. It is His Holiness Patriarch Kirll of Moscow that has chosen to stand firm in his resolve to proclaim the truth that is grounded in Christ Himself.

That I have served eight years as a volunteer Orthodox prison chaplain, followed by over twenty years in service as a police and fire chaplain for this island community that I love, to now experience the ire of fellow citizens, breaks my heart. That this essay will bring forth renewed hate mail and threats to my personal safety, saddens me more than I can express. But I must, in the prophetic role set down by centuries of monastics before me, speak the truth. May God save us all.
With love in Christ
Abbot Tryphon

Birdie

A strange response to Abbot Tryphon's letter from an acquaintance:

I have been very surprised over the last six months by the actions of Father Tryphon, who is the Abbot of the Russian Orthodox Monastery on Vashon. About six months ago he announced in our local newspaper that he would not wear a mask nor would he get vaccinated. I was very surprised by that.

Some letters to the editor and several op-eds asked him about that. He responded in an editorial that some people he respected assured him vaccination was useless and that masks did not help stop the spread of Covid. Someone wrote back to the paper in a letter to the editor that the head of the Russian Orthodox Church in the U.S. had said that everyone should get vaccinated and wear a mask.

I did some research and found that His Holiness Patriarch Kirll of Moscow had stated that everyone should be vaccinated and wear a mask and that it was a mortal sin not to do so. Finally, because of the outcry, he took a leave of absence from all of his positions, abandoning those who had relied on him for comfort and solace when they needed it. I had gotten to know him well when we were both members of Rotary. When I had been sick in 2016 he came over several times to visit and offer his comforting presence. He is a large man with a long, flowing white beard.

No one ever sees him out of his monk's robes. I thought then about going over to the monastery to see him and ask him about his position but have not done so because I did not want to challenge him. I absolutely do not understand him now.

Russia, led by a totally corrupt, power-mad, cruel, shrewd dictator and killer is on the march to reunite the Soviet Empire. He is bombing civilians, hospitals, schools as he continues a relentless march to conquer Ukraine. He has said that the dissolution of the Soviet Empire was the greatest catastrophe of the 20th century. And I think he plans to restore it or die trying.And he is not planning on dying. Father T totally missed the point that the only Satan involved in Putin's trying to conquer Ukraine is Putin. There is no love of Christ in Putin ...

Summer

I’d be all for Orthodoxy if it weren’t for its use of icons. It’s not scriptural in the least bit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals