Orlistat For Further Decreasing PUFA Intake On A Low PUFA Diet?

milkboi

If Orlistat was taken in combination with an already low PUFA diet, could it help to further reduce the absorbed amount of PUFA (eg. from 1,5 to 1g)? Could be a pretty useful tool for increasing the rate of PUFA depletion, if that was the case.

Mauritio

I have read that it influences aspirin in negative way . Not sure how anymore
But besides wouldn't you also hinder saturated fat as well so the ratio of PUFA to SFA stays the same right

OP
milkboi

milkboi

I have read that it influences aspirin in negative way . Not sure how anymore
But besides wouldn't you also hinder saturated fat as well so the ratio of PUFA to SFA stays the same right

As much as I love ****, I can do without it for a 1-2 months no problem. :)

I would take it in the context of a very low fat diet overall (like 4-5g or something). One or two days in the week where I don't take the Orlistat I will take in a pure form of a SFA (most likely 30g stearic acid) together with the fat-solubles. I'd think that that would lead to faster depletion of PUFA and probably result in a great ratio of SFA:PUFA after a while. Maybe something like MitoLipin could be added in to speed up the process even more.

Mauritio

As much as I love ****, I can do without it for a 1-2 months no problem. :)

I would take it in the context of a very low fat diet overall (like 4-5g or something). One or two days in the week where I don't take the Orlistat I will take in a pure form of a SFA (most likely 30g stearic acid) together with the fat-solubles. I'd think that that would lead to faster depletion of PUFA and probably result in a great ratio of SFA:PUFA after a while. Maybe something like MitoLipin could be added in to speed up the process even more.
yeah sounds good. i would like to know the results ofter a month or two.

30% of PUFA are directly subjected to Beta-Oxidation (lol),so the amount actually available is even less.

OP
milkboi

milkboi

I'll also add DNP to the mix, to speed up PUFA depletion and weight-loss in general.

"One effect of the high rate of oxidation of the uncoupled mitochondria is that they can eliminate polyunsaturated fatty acids that might otherwise be integrated into tissue structures, or function as inappropriate regulatory signals." - Ray Peat

Vinny

I hear for Orlistat first time. Has it got any serious bad effects?

OP
milkboi

milkboi

I'll also add DNP to the mix, to speed up PUFA depletion and weight-loss in general.

"One effect of the high rate of oxidation of the uncoupled mitochondria is that they can eliminate polyunsaturated fatty acids that might otherwise be integrated into tissue structures, or function as inappropriate regulatory signals." - Ray Peat

With DNP + Orlistat + an intake of round about 1g PUFA (with orlistat only 2/3 g will be absorbed) and generally low fat intake, I'd imagine almost no PUFA being stored + quick elimination of PUFA in the adipose tissue. Finish that off with MitoLipin, so the process of saturation of the membranes quickens. That's my plan for fast "EFA" depletion. I'll probably begin this experiment in about 2 months.

OP
milkboi

milkboi

I think Orlistat might be even more effective at blocking fat absorption when on a low fat diet, because there are less lipase enzymes that can be be inhibited. The number of 1/3 less absorption of fat probably comes from studies with moderate amounts of fat. What do you guys think? @haidut @Obi-wan @Amazoniac

Last edited:

accelerator

With DNP + Orlistat + an intake of round about 1g PUFA (with orlistat only 2/3 g will be absorbed) and generally low fat intake, I'd imagine almost no PUFA being stored + quick elimination of PUFA in the adipose tissue. Finish that off with MitoLipin, so the process of saturation of the membranes quickens. That's my plan for fast "EFA" depletion. I'll probably begin this experiment in about 2 months.

Did you end up using orlistat?

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Chronic uncoupling of mitochondria will eventually induce EFA "deficiency", so I suppose this is one of the main benefits.

OP
milkboi

milkboi

I cooked up potato soups the last days and mixed in good amounts of stearic acid. It blended perfectly and stays homogeneously after cooling down. Starch really is good at absorbing fat.