OP
Rinse & rePeat
Q: What is the difference between Sugar and Organic Sugar?

A: Unless specifically noted as Cane Sugar, all Sugar is from Sugar Beets. According to the FDA, 99% of all U.S. Sugar Beets are Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) designed to tolerate pesticides. So, essentially any time you see ‘Sugar’ as an ingredient, it is a GMO. Organic Sugar is not a GMO; by legal definition, USDA Certified Organic Products cannot be Genetically Modified. (Sources: FDA and USDA 2021)

Regina

A: Unless specifically noted as Cane Sugar, all Sugar is from Sugar Beets. According to the FDA, 99% of all U.S. Sugar Beets are Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) designed to tolerate pesticides. So, essentially any time you see ‘Sugar’ as an ingredient, it is a GMO. Organic Sugar is not a GMO; by legal definition, USDA Certified Organic Products cannot be Genetically Modified. (Sources: FDA and USDA 2021)
Thanks for posting this. so, is the sugar in my "real sugar" cans of Pepsi from GMO sugar beets?
i guess I know the answer now.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks for posting this. so, is the sugar in my "real sugar" cans of Pepsi from GMO sugar beets?
i guess I know the answer now.

It seems to be so. Unless it is organic or says "cane sugar" there is 99% chance it is beets. I did not know that either until I came across it today.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"As the cotton is grown, it is sprayed with chemical pesticides, defoliants, and weed killers. ... Printed textiles often have both heavy metals (such as cadmium) and plasticizers (like phthalates) in their printing inks. Wrinkle or stain-resistant fabrics can contain chemicals such as formaldehyde."

Regina

OP
Rinse & rePeat
i haven't been in a department store in years.
When I used to go with my Mom, it wouldn't take very long for my eyes to be red and irritated like they were being peeled.

Wow! I never thought about how unhealthy it would be working in a clothing, furniture, or carpet store with all of the off-gassing and chemicals in the air. More reasons why people have so many mysterious illnesses with no obvious answers, an pills to ease the pains.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Here is a shocker, and to the point about labeling something as "sugar" doesn't mean it is cane sugar. Mexican Coke is not made with cane sugar! It is made with high fructose corn syrup! Good thing I gave it up months ago when I learned that Coke uses aborted baby stem cells to develop their products.

View: https://youtu.be/PJgQEpFMptQ

Sefton10

1632918569038.png

OP
Rinse & rePeat

View attachment 28340

Grapes wow!

"The list of pesticides includes 47 with links to cancer, 15 “reproductive or developmental toxins” that can have adverse effects on sexual function and fertility, and 17 cholinesterase inhibitors that can impair the respiratory system and cause confusion, headaches and weakness. A quarter of the pesticides found are suspected endocrine disruptors that can interfere with hormone systems, causing an array of health problems including birth defects and developmental disorders.

Every fruit or vegetable on the list contains two or more types of pesticide, with some containing up to 25. Although the levels of individual pesticides are within legal limits, activists fear the combination of multiple chemicals could be particularly damaging to people’s health."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This Thomas E. Levy's video, recommended by tanksnowagod is on how toxic iron "fortification" or "enriched" products are to the body. At 23:30 he talks about one of the benefits of an organic diet is that there is no added iron to those foods. The whole video is really eye opening as to why there is so many leaky guts, ulcers, heart disease and why people cannot rid themselves of H pylori infections, that bacteria feeds of iron!

View: https://youtu.be/NUjmwTwNCAI

I think the French paradox regarding heart disease and saturated fat is definitely, true but there is another string to the bow in my opinion.

The French do not use enriched flour, I'm sure that this practice would reduce iron considerably, the rest of the world is pretty much bombarded by iron as in flour bread pasta etc and processed food

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Pina posted this today elsewhere, so mortifying!

"99% of People in France Contaminated With Glyphosate, Study Finds

In one of the largest studies on glyphosate contamination in a human population, the world’s most used weedkiller was found in more than 99% of the general public in France, with a total of more than 6,800 urine samples having been tested."

"People who said they eat “more than 85% organic food,” on the other hand, had lower levels."

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"For me, the significance of his experiment was that plants contain natural pesticides that should be taken more seriously, without taking industrial toxins less seriously." -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals