OP
Rinse & rePeat
I was figuring that people here just stuck to wild caught clams/oysters/shrimp/scallops instead of playing russian roulette with mercury and histamine poisoning.
Who knows, I see a lot of chicken eaters, on this site. Farming shrimp in Vietnamese cest ponds is a far cry from farmed scallops in the ocean bay. I take Ray Peat's recommendation and only eat sole and cod, otherwise I lean into shellfish.

akgrrrl

Lucky I don't eat yucky PUFA salmon ? I tam more interested in wild seafood from "less" polluted waters, which is getting harder and harder to find. Seafood is hardly healthy anymore. Thank goodness for Ray Peat grass fed milk, especially if you can get it raw. I love how he says the cow filters out all of the toxins for us ?

I was figuring that people here just stuck to wild caught clams/oysters/shrimp/scallops instead of playing russian roulette with mercury and histamine poisoning.
You would be surprised, esp the folks who think certain branded healthfood stores screen all that for them...

OP
Rinse & rePeat
You would be surprised, esp the folks who think certain branded healthfood stores screen all that for them...
Right?! We gotta do our own homework, and sharing what we know on this site is so helpful ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Notwithstanding the cracks about arginine and low-sugar benefits, this was a great video.
Makes me crave a good watermelon!

I am so tired of awful unripe grocery fruit.
I hope I have better luck finding some good ones this summer too!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
organic watermelon!
A couple of years ago I bought a watermelon from our local farm stand market, and while waiting in line the whole watermelon "exploded" open right in my hand. Everyone was shocked, but the inside looked cracked. Since watching this video I wonder if that chemical is what caused it to do that?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This link has a list of the most pesticide laden foods. I always knew non organic coffee is loaded with them, I am surprised to see a few things on the list like bread and pasta, milk, and non-organic meat has more of a pesticide load than all the fruits and vegetables.

akgrrrl

When the chickens, cows, and pigs are fed grain sprayed with canola oil to make them fat, grain grown in pesticided laden fields, also being GMO to the max, what else to expect.
I been saying WHICH meat, WHICH milk to posters for a long time. For the most part, disregard is the norm, as if 4 month old OJ with an industrial "flavorpak" in it could even be similar to fresh sqeezed organic OJ.
People: if we fail to discriminate on WHICH of these we put into our bodies, we will not be able to dial in our individual needs, nor ameliorate any shortcomings.
This link has a list of the most pesticide laden foods. I always knew non organic coffee is loaded with them, I am surprised to see a few things on the list like bread and pasta, milk, and non-organic meat has more of a pesticide load than all the fruits and vegetables.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
When the chickens, cows, and pigs are fed grain sprayed with canola oil to make them fat, grain grown in pesticided laden fields, also being GMO to the max, what else to expect.
I been saying WHICH meat, WHICH milk to posters for a long time. For the most part, disregard is the norm, as if 4 month old OJ with an industrial "flavorpak" in it could even be similar to fresh sqeezed organic OJ.
People: if we fail to discriminate on WHICH of these we put into our bodies, we will not be able to dial in our individual needs, nor ameliorate any shortcomings.

I know right?!! Just like my dad and so many others I know, savings dollar is worthvingestin God knows what. So many people on this forum complain that the Ray Peat diet isn't working for them, but how many complaints are really from eating and drinking non-organic pesticide laden cheap stuff instead grass fed meats and dairy? I thought I couldn't tolerate eggs until I ate corn & soy free ones, now I eat as many as I want. To those who say they can't afford it I say, "I would rather eat half as much good stuff than twice as much bad stuff."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Despite the presence of all the required nutrients, that would be adequate for someone with a generally supportive environment, a 'good' diet won’t necessarily be adequate for someone with a problematic environment, or a history of stressful experiences." Raymond Peat (2019)⠀

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"If our environment fails us a little today, our needs will be much greater tomorrow." Nutrition for Women by Ray Peat (1973)

akgrrrl

Reposting here In case anyone wants to see real clean salmon meat; a cold water species(of 5) that swims in deep water 4 to 5 years before it's return to spawn.THIS is protein, do not compare this to pufa-laden, pale pink mushy farmed fish penned in shallow coastal waters, or canned salmon, or filets that fall apart and smelly for having been refrozen several times.

Attachments

• 20210725_170722.jpg
    20210725_170722.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210725_170656.jpg
    20210725_170656.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 13
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"The produce you buy in the supermarket or grocery store is not fresh. With many items, like spinach, the leaves may have been plucked no more than a few weeks ago. But with many others, like apples, the fruit probably sat in cold storage for a year before making its way to the supermarket.

Here in the U.S. apples generally ripen between August and September. They pick the apples when they’re slightly unripe, treat them with a chemical called 1-methylcyclopropene, wax them, box them, stack them on pallets, and keep them in cold storage warehouses for an average of 9-12 months."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"After learning that apples that have sat in cold storage for 12 months are commonly called “birthday apples” within the industry,....

According to Martin Lindstrom, author of Brandwashed: Tricks Companies Use to Manipulate Our Minds and Persuade Us to Buy, the average supermarket apple is 14 months old.

This is unsurprising to me, but may be shocking to you.

That’s because my husband used to manage a cold-storage warehouse for Harry & David when we lived in Oregon. He saw first hand how their “fresh fruit” was handled — from harvest in the nearby valleys to specialized climate control storage.

What he saw inspired me to never want to eat a grocery store fruit again, long before I ever became the “Real Foodie” that I am today. I wish I could go into details, but honestly? I don’t want to be sued!"

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"According to a study in the journal Proceedings of the American Society of Horticultural Science, green peas lose 52% of their wet weight in the first 24-48 hours after picking. Another analysis, done roughly a decade ago by food scientists at the University of California Davis, came to a similar conclusion.

By the time we get fruits and veggies home and retrieve them from our refrigerators, therefore, many of these nutrients have fallen to levels lower than those seen in frozen produce, which are chilled almost as soon as they're picked from the fields."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Jan. 1, 2017
E-mail exchange
From raypeatclips

When you prepare the greens broth to drink the water, do you make sure to get organic greens, or do you not think it is important?

Ray Peat said:

"I think it’s worth the cost, in the case of greens."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals