Organic red wine is superior to resveratrol supplement?

Consistency

I've tried a resveratrol supplement and never noticed anything positive. I've recently started drinking 1/4 cup of organic red wine twice a day. What I initially noticed was an improvement in gut health and my penis getting really inflamed and then a youthful pink. I think I had some type of infection even though my penis looked normal/dark.

Andman

I've tried a resveratrol supplement and never noticed anything positive. I've recently started drinking 1/4 cup of organic red wine twice a day. What I initially noticed was an improvement in gut health and my penis getting really inflamed and then a youthful pink. I think I had some type of infection even though my penis looked normal/dark.
might want to have a look at this

OP
C

Consistency

I read most of it and there's errors.

My own experience and understanding of longevity is that calorie restriction in conjunction with non existent adipose tissue due to high growth hormone levels from daily fasting is what promotes longevity and the accumulation of brown adipose tissue. So small amounts of resveratrol from red wine would promote longevity in those who don't eat themselves to death.

I've noticed the following benefits from organic red wine.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What kind and brand of wine are you drinking?

ArtIt

I have noticed that a glass of ordinary Merlo (French, Italien, or California made) makes my body warm. Vodka, whisky, or any other wine, red or white, does not warm up my body, as does Merlo.

Hugh Johnson

My own experience and understanding of longevity is that calorie restriction in conjunction with non existent adipose tissue due to high growth hormone levels from daily fasting is what promotes longevity and the accumulation of brown adipose tissue. So small amounts of resveratrol from red wine would promote longevity in those who don't eat themselves to death.

You have experience on longevity?

OccamzRazer

You may want to read up on Dr. Peat's writing on this subject (if you haven't already, of course).

He brings up the very good point that the apparent benefits of calorie restriction are probably due to restriction of excitatory amino acid and PUFA, not calorie restriction itself.

And if you want to promote adipose browning, eat for mitochondrial health and find a stress-reducing form of movement that you enjoy.

Gentle exercise is probably much more hormetic than wine.

OccamzRazer

Yeah, I do love how organic red makes my stomach feel after the first few sips. Do you get that pleasant burning, sterilizing feeling from it too?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Nemo

Ray would disagree with everything you just said and so would I based on my experience of buying into the rate-of-life hypothesis, taking resveratrol, and getting brain cancer.

Growth hormone is bad. Resveratrol doesn't promote longevity. Calorie restriction is bad.

"In an experiment with human keratinocytes in vitro, resveratrol had the opposite effect, reducing their ability to divide (Blander, et al., 2009). By the definitions of “aging” used by the advocates of the rate-of-living theory, this experiment suggests that resveratrol causes premature aging. Estrogen has a similar effect on keratinocytes. Resveratrol, nitric oxide, and estrogen, unlike niacinamide, suppress mitochondrial respiration. Resveratrol inhibits the formation of progesterone (Chen, et al., 2007), which is synthesized in mitochondria.”

Resveratrol suppressing mitochondrial respiration = resveratrol suppressing generative energy. That means it's anti-life.

As for calorie restriction, it increases Sir2 activity and:

"Increased Sir2 activity shortens the actual chronological lifespan of non-dividing yeast (Kennedy, et al., 2005; Fabrizio, et al., 2005). In animals, increasing the activity of SirT1 might contribute to the development of cancer (Liu, et al., 2009). It might also be involved in Alzheimer’s disease, and the replacement of nerve cells in the brain with astrocytes or other glial cells. Gliosis can occur in normal aging, but inflammation can produce extreme degrees of fibrosis of the brain or spongy encephalopathy."

More on resveratrol:

"Resveratrol fails to extend the lifespan of normal mice, being effective only in a strain of mice that becomes abnormally fat on a normal diet."

I really urge you to read this article by Ray on resveratrol and the rate-of-living hypothesis:

He also talks in this article about how resveratrol is a phytoestrogen similar in structure to DES, the carcinogenic pharmaceutical.

Also, the guy below took resveratrol (same reasons as all of us who have), and describes its effects, short-term and long-term, very well (it actually gives you a high, which is why you like it, but it's a very dangerous way to get that high):

"It turns out that resveratrol's effect on human physiology is to dramatically raise levels of the stress hormone cortisol. In a healthy body cortisol has a helpful but limited function in sustaining life. Artificially increasing cortisol causes its function to happen when it's not needed, and cortisol's effect is to catabolize tissue protein into useable sugars."

If you don't understand why cortisol is bad, do a search here or at haidut.me on cortisol and you will be horrified.

Similarly, growth hormone is a stress hormone like estrogen and cortisol. It's great if you want to age more rapidly:

Growth hormone: Hormone of Stress, Aging, and Death?

Please read this material. I'm concerned for you.

OP
C

Consistency

I have noticed that a glass of ordinary Merlo (French, Italien, or California made) makes my body warm. Vodka, whisky, or any other wine, red or white, does not warm up my body, as does Merlo.

Interesting. Probably has something to do with stimulation of prostaglandin synthesis.

I have a couple bottles of organic merlot that I haven't tried.

You have experience on longevity?

I highly recommend looking up Nun Amen Ra and fully comprehending his work.

You may want to read up on Dr. Peat's writing on this subject (if you haven't already, of course).

He brings up the very good point that the apparent benefits of calorie restriction are probably due to restriction of excitatory amino acid and PUFA, not calorie restriction itself.

And if you want to promote adipose browning, eat for mitochondrial health and find a stress-reducing form of movement that you enjoy.

Gentle exercise is probably much more hormetic than wine.

Organic red wine in moderation has changed my life in ways that I can't explain. More for me.

PUFA's from high quality organic non rancid non molded nuts and high quality fatty seafood in conjunction with one meal a day and calorie restriction increases lifespan.

Elephants have big brains and long lifespans because they pick lots of fresh nuts from trees with their long trunks.

Thank you! Are you taking it with a meal, or in between meals?

With a meal.

I'm enjoying "Lupi Reali Montepulciano D'Abruzzo DOC Organic" at the moment.

OP
C

Consistency

Ray would disagree with everything you just said and so would I based on my experience of buying into the rate-of-life hypothesis, taking resveratrol, and getting brain cancer.

Growth hormone is bad. Resveratrol doesn't promote longevity. Calorie restriction is bad.

"In an experiment with human keratinocytes in vitro, resveratrol had the opposite effect, reducing their ability to divide (Blander, et al., 2009). By the definitions of “aging” used by the advocates of the rate-of-living theory, this experiment suggests that resveratrol causes premature aging. Estrogen has a similar effect on keratinocytes. Resveratrol, nitric oxide, and estrogen, unlike niacinamide, suppress mitochondrial respiration. Resveratrol inhibits the formation of progesterone (Chen, et al., 2007), which is synthesized in mitochondria.”

Resveratrol suppressing mitochondrial respiration = resveratrol suppressing generative energy. That means it's anti-life.

As for calorie restriction, it increases Sir2 activity and:

"Increased Sir2 activity shortens the actual chronological lifespan of non-dividing yeast (Kennedy, et al., 2005; Fabrizio, et al., 2005). In animals, increasing the activity of SirT1 might contribute to the development of cancer (Liu, et al., 2009). It might also be involved in Alzheimer’s disease, and the replacement of nerve cells in the brain with astrocytes or other glial cells. Gliosis can occur in normal aging, but inflammation can produce extreme degrees of fibrosis of the brain or spongy encephalopathy."

More on resveratrol:

"Resveratrol fails to extend the lifespan of normal mice, being effective only in a strain of mice that becomes abnormally fat on a normal diet."

I really urge you to read this article by Ray on resveratrol and the rate-of-living hypothesis:

He also talks in this article about how resveratrol is a phytoestrogen similar in structure to DES, the carcinogenic pharmaceutical.

Also, the guy below took resveratrol (same reasons as all of us who have), and describes its effects, short-term and long-term, very well (it actually gives you a high, which is why you like it, but it's a very dangerous way to get that high):

"It turns out that resveratrol's effect on human physiology is to dramatically raise levels of the stress hormone cortisol. In a healthy body cortisol has a helpful but limited function in sustaining life. Artificially increasing cortisol causes its function to happen when it's not needed, and cortisol's effect is to catabolize tissue protein into useable sugars."

If you don't understand why cortisol is bad, do a search here or at haidut.me on cortisol and you will be horrified.

Similarly, growth hormone is a stress hormone like estrogen and cortisol. It's great if you want to age more rapidly:

Growth hormone: Hormone of Stress, Aging, and Death?

Please read this material. I'm concerned for you.

What is the source of the resveratrol? Conventional red wine with pesticides? Japanese knotweed "root" with toxic compounds to defend itself from predators?

The rest of your post is scaremongering.

Growth hormone promotes lipolysis/ketosis, maintains nitrogen balance hence less protein requirements, promotes thicker hair, makes us feel like hulk when adipose is non existent in conjunction with standing all day, promotes storage of fat in the face and many more benefits.

Jayvee

Could this all be related to improved gut health rather than the negligible amount of resveratrol? I don’t think theirs enough to give said benefits or said negatives.

S-VV

Growth hormone promotes lipolysis/ketosis, maintains nitrogen balance hence less protein requirements, promotes thicker hair, makes us feel like hulk when adipose is non existent in conjunction with standing all day, promotes storage of fat in the face and many more benefits.
Did you mean death hormone? Its very diabetogenic

OP
C

Consistency

"Dr. Nun Sava-Siva Amen-Ra. You know, the vegan strength athlete who claims to consume only 1,250 calories per day, according to his website."

lol, no. He is insane.

You're condescending. Calories are recycled and results speak louder than anything.

View: https://youtu.be/tLAWbwYzStU

Could this all be related to improved gut health rather than the negligible amount of resveratrol? I don’t think theirs there's enough to give said benefits or said negatives.

Like I said. My penis and skin looks youthful after consuming organic red wine. Results speak louder than anything.

Did you mean death hormone? Its very diabetogenic

You're not being honest. It is diabetogenic in excess as seen in people with Pituitary tumors.

Sufficient growth hormone leads to insulin sensitivity.

Jayvee

You're condescending. Calories are recycled and results speak louder than anything.

View: https://youtu.be/tLAWbwYzStU

Like I said. My penis and skin looks youthful after consuming organic red wine. Results speak louder than anything.

You're not being honest. It is diabetogenic in excess as seen in people with Pituitary tumors.

Sufficient growth hormone leads to insulin sensitivity.

Not disputing that have benefited from it but you could just as easily get these benefits from all the other components in the wine (maybe even the alcohol itself), it could just be that the other alcohols you mentioned don’t agree with you. I think the resveratrol content is too insignificant in wine.