Organic Milk From Grocery Store Tastes Better Than the Local Raw Milk

I have recently tried an experiment of adding back in 2% Organic milk instead of only raw milk, I was in for a surprise because this store bought milk tastes better than the local Raw Jersey Milk I have access to.

The raw milk does not have a very strong taste and is bland compared to this organic 2% milk,Any ideas why?

(I also never really had dreams when I sleep but when I have tried this store bought milk I have had dreams)

Beastmode

I have recently tried an experiment of adding back in 2% Organic milk instead of only raw milk, I was in for a surprise because this store bought milk tastes better than the local Raw Jersey Milk I have access to.

The raw milk does not have a very strong taste and is bland compared to this organic 2% milk,Any ideas why?

(I also never really had dreams when I sleep but when I have tried this store bought milk I have had dreams)
It's the exact opposite for me.

The source of milk is everything. Raw doesn't mean it's going to be good quality unfortunately.

In Florida, we get some pretty good quality of raw milk.

aniciete

The raw milk I get is 100% grass fed and tastes great. On the other hand, the raw grain fed stuff I used to drink tastes horrible.

seely

Have you been to the farm? Proper Cow conditions are crucial for good milk. (And proper owner management for that matter)

LA

We had the same experience here although our choice is Whole Organic. My husband refuses to drink 2% and it does not agree with me either. Everything needs to be personal choice and Dr. Peat is not a dictator. We are all different and I personally could not sleep on 2% or low fat and also like to have my milk sit around to warm up a bit before drinking it. I like the creamy taste of full milk and neither of us eats cheese or butter as both of those items give us a belly fat although organic whole milk does not. We are from different ethnic heritages and we still react the same in that regard.

OP
PeatandPotatoes
We had the same experience here although our choice is Whole Organic. My husband refuses to drink 2% and it does not agree with me either. Everything needs to be personal choice and Dr. Peat is not a dictator. We are all different and I personally could not sleep on 2% or low fat and also like to have my milk sit around to warm up a bit before drinking it. I like the creamy taste of full milk and neither of us eats cheese or butter as both of those items give us a belly fat although organic whole milk does not. We are from different ethnic heritages and we still react the same in that regard.
I warm my milk up too, I notice cold milk will make me cold but if it is warm it makes me feel good

Dr. B

brand of 2% milk?
heating/cooking seems to improve milks flavor just like with meat or eggs. 100% grass fed low temp pasteurized jersey milk tastes better than raw grass fed jersey milk

lvysaur

Could be the homogenization. Homogenizing milk really does make it taste less "bland", as you get some fat in every gulp.

K

Kayaker

Store-bought milk causes a certain cognitive problem for some reason.
It's good to dream, but when you're asleep, you should be asleep. It could be reducing sleep depth.

Dr. B

Store-bought milk causes a certain cognitive problem for some reason.

It's good to dream, but when you're asleep, you should be asleep. It could be reducing sleep depth.
which brands? it would need to be a certain ingredient in the milk causing it? its hard to find a 100% organic, 100% A2, 100% grass fed milk

K

Kayaker

which brands? it would need to be a certain ingredient in the milk causing it? its hard to find a 100% organic, 100% A2, 100% grass fed milk
@Jennifer gets the problem from organic grass-fed milk. It may be the vitamin additives or them being A1. I have powdered goat milk with added vitamin D and I'll try it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals