Organic Bamboo Silica

Jon2547

I recently bought some organic bamboo silica because silica helps to remove aluminum from the body. But I was watching an interview between Roddy and Dinkov and it was mentioned that silica is not good. They didn't elaborate much as to why other than it activates the endotoxin receptor, which is a new concept to me. Would this apply to the type of silica that I bought? Or is it some other type?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I recently bought some organic bamboo silica because silica helps to remove aluminum from the body. But I was watching an interview between Roddy and Dinkov and it was mentioned that silica is not good. They didn't elaborate much as to why other than it activates the endotoxin receptor, which is a new concept to me. Would this apply to the type of silica that I bought? Or is it some other type?

Here is the study in question. I would not ingest/inhale on purpose anything that can activate TLR4.
“…Results: The data indicated that silica inhalation might activate the RANKL and TLR4 signaling pathways in lung macrophages, thus inducing the lung inflammatory and proteolytic phenotype of macrophages and osteoclasts in lung and bone. Ac-SDKP maintained the lung elastin level by inhibiting lung inflammation and macrophage activation via the RANKL and TLR4 signaling pathways. Ac-SDKP also attenuated the reduction in femoral bone mineral density in silicotic rats by inhibiting osteoclast differentiation via the RANKL signaling pathway. Conclusion: Our findings support the hypothesis that inhalation of crystalline silica induces activation of lung macrophages and bone osteoclasts via the RANKL and TLR4 signaling pathways. Ac-SDKP has the potential to stabilize lung homeostasis and bone metabolism.”

baccheion

Problematic when inhaled? As orthosilicic acid (eg, diatomaceous earth sitting in water for 24+ hours) or monomethylsilanetriol, it is probable fine. Goes well with MSM and vitamin C (4g:1g). MSM is another thing not received well in Peatworld, heh..

Here is the study in question. I would not ingest/inhale on purpose anything that can activate TLR4.
“…Results: The data indicated that silica inhalation might activate the RANKL and TLR4 signaling pathways in lung macrophages, thus inducing the lung inflammatory and proteolytic phenotype of macrophages and osteoclasts in lung and bone. Ac-SDKP maintained the lung elastin level by inhibiting lung inflammation and macrophage activation via the RANKL and TLR4 signaling pathways. Ac-SDKP also attenuated the reduction in femoral bone mineral density in silicotic rats by inhibiting osteoclast differentiation via the RANKL signaling pathway. Conclusion: Our findings support the hypothesis that inhalation of crystalline silica induces activation of lung macrophages and bone osteoclasts via the RANKL and TLR4 signaling pathways. Ac-SDKP has the potential to stabilize lung homeostasis and bone metabolism.”
@haidut, a few questions about this:
1) isn't the study looking at silicon dioxide from quartz rock? Seems different than bamboo powder?
2) The main concern is inhaling the silicon dioxide in nanoparticles... A more coarsely ground bamboo powder that you ingest seems like it wouldn't be a concern?

This study seems to be showing the dangers of INHALING the NANOPARTICLES of SILICON DIOXIDE (from quartz). Would it really be the bases for not INGESTING normal sized particles of ground bamboo extract?

TLDR: It seems like nanoparticles of silicon dioxide from quartz are vastly different than coarser powder of bamboo extract that contains silica...and doesn't warrant the same concern. Thoughts?

Wolf

I buy tian zhu Huang or bamboo silica, run it through a magic bullet, then mortar and pestle it. Put it in water, it fizzes a bit, then drink. Nails and hair are stronger.
I wear a mask during the grinding since the particles are ultra fine. A few times I’ve boiled water to increase the humidity to keep the dust down. Pills are so much easier.

Right. It seems like the major caution against silica is that INHALING the form of silicon dioxide from ground-up quartz is dangerous. So inhalation and type are the 2 things to consider. If you ingest the right type (like from bamboo) it doesn't seem like it would hold the same concerns.

baccheion

I buy tian zhu Huang or bamboo silica, run it through a magic bullet, then mortar and pestle it. Put it in water, it fizzes a bit, then drink. Nails and hair are stronger.
I wear a mask during the grinding since the particles are ultra fine. A few times I’ve boiled water to increase the humidity to keep the dust down. Pills are so much easier.
See: monomethylsilanetriol..

Grapelander

It does remove aluminum - you will need to get OSA (orthosilicic acid) from Fiji water or similar brand -or- make your own.
Silica Water - Silicade How to make it at home

Forms of Silica
Silica rich mineral waters - list of sources world wide
Dissolved Silica as a supplement to remove Aluminum

"The primary reason for taking supplemental silica is to decrease the accumulated aluminum burden of your body’s organs. This will lower the risk of diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, atherosclerosis, stroke, and cancer leading to greater longevity. In addition supplemental silica can decrease the symptoms of autism and improve male fertility. Orthosilicic acid (OSA) acts as a pH dependent selective chelator of aluminum. Unlike classical metal chelators, such as EDTA, that bind to a wide variety of metal ions, OSA binds only to aluminum hydroxide dimers at pH greater than 5.5 (see chapter 2). For example OSA does not bind to iron3+ that has the same size and ionic charge as aluminum. Remarkable OSA supplementation facilitates the removal of aluminum from bones that were once thought to be a stable sink for aluminum in the body."

Table 30. Silica Supplements
Supplement
Dose/Day
Silicon\Dose\Day
Bioavailable OSA Si/Day
Cost/Day
Natural WatersAK​
3 - 4 cups​
25.5-34mg​
11 – 14.7mg​
$1.00 - $1.50​
SilicadeBK​
3 - 4 cups​
25.5-34mg​
11 – 14.7mg​
$0.04 - $0.05C​
Choline Stab OSADK StabOSAD OOSASAD​
10 drops​
10mg​
1.7mg​
$0.42​
Choline Stab OSAEK​
2 veg caps​
10mg​
1.7mg​
$0.83​
Colloidal SilicaF​
30 drops​
175mg​
0.15mg​
$0.60​
Colloidal SilicaG​
10cc​
163mg​
0.40mg​
$0.59​
BambooH​
1cap(300mg)​
99mg​
0.29mg​
$0.10​
HorsetailI​
1cap(500mg)​
16.5mg​
0.11mg​
$0.04​
Diatomaceous EarthH​
625mg​
<2.9mg​
0.07mg​
$0.01​
A.Fiji and Starkey – natural waters; B. Silicade – synthetic silica water; C. Excluding cost of tap water; D. Biosil Choline Stab. OSA; E. Biosil Veg Caps; F. Eidon – Ionic Minerals Silica Concentrate; G. Saguna – Silicolgel Colloidal OSA; H. Swanson; I.Swanson; J. Swanson

Filosofy

Why would silica's only purpose be to excrete aluminum? What about it being an essential mineral which contributes to the formation of collagen?

Hair labs found me very low in silica and I have always experienced tight tendons. Currently supplementing with monomethylsilanetriol. Just figured it something that should be naturally present in the water. I also recall reading about silica being helpful against parasites.

There is also the discussion started by chemist Louis Vauquelin about the transmutation of silica into calcium. Vauquelin fed hens oats and noticed they peed out five times more calcium than they were ingesting. Perhaps this should be studied more given that calcium is the most studied mineral according to Ray Peat.

Jstar

It does remove aluminum - you will need to get OSA (orthosilicic acid) from Fiji water or similar brand -or- make your own.
Silica Water - Silicade How to make it at home

Forms of Silica
Silica rich mineral waters - list of sources world wide
Dissolved Silica as a supplement to remove Aluminum

"The primary reason for taking supplemental silica is to decrease the accumulated aluminum burden of your body’s organs. This will lower the risk of diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, atherosclerosis, stroke, and cancer leading to greater longevity. In addition supplemental silica can decrease the symptoms of autism and improve male fertility. Orthosilicic acid (OSA) acts as a pH dependent selective chelator of aluminum. Unlike classical metal chelators, such as EDTA, that bind to a wide variety of metal ions, OSA binds only to aluminum hydroxide dimers at pH greater than 5.5 (see chapter 2). For example OSA does not bind to iron3+ that has the same size and ionic charge as aluminum. Remarkable OSA supplementation facilitates the removal of aluminum from bones that were once thought to be a stable sink for aluminum in the body."

Table 30. Silica Supplements
Supplement
Dose/Day
Silicon\Dose\Day
Bioavailable OSA Si/Day
Cost/Day
Natural WatersAK​
3 - 4 cups​
25.5-34mg​
11 – 14.7mg​
$1.00 - $1.50​
SilicadeBK​
3 - 4 cups​
25.5-34mg​
11 – 14.7mg​
$0.04 - $0.05C​
Choline Stab OSADK StabOSAD OOSASAD​
10 drops​
10mg​
1.7mg​
$0.42​
Choline Stab OSAEK​
2 veg caps​
10mg​
1.7mg​
$0.83​
Colloidal SilicaF​
30 drops​
175mg​
0.15mg​
$0.60​
Colloidal SilicaG​
10cc​
163mg​
0.40mg​
$0.59​
BambooH​
1cap(300mg)​
99mg​
0.29mg​
$0.10​
HorsetailI​
1cap(500mg)​
16.5mg​
0.11mg​
$0.04​
Diatomaceous EarthH​
625mg​
<2.9mg​
0.07mg​
$0.01​
A.Fiji and Starkey – natural waters; B. Silicade – synthetic silica water; C. Excluding cost of tap water; D. Biosil Choline Stab. OSA; E. Biosil Veg Caps; F. Eidon – Ionic Minerals Silica Concentrate; G. Saguna – Silicolgel Colloidal OSA; H. Swanson; I.Swanson; J. Swanson
Been trying to get more silica (i, e., more bioavailable OSA) to remove aluminum but more importantly to help with recalcification of the bones and teeth (in accord with biological transformation theory of Louis Kervran). Looking for an organic source including bamboo, horsetail (which Kervran used) and DE. DE is not dissolvable in water—even when left in it for 24 hours, as suggested in an earlier post—nor in stomach acid and that is why when taking 625mg only 0.07mg of OSA is available. DE, however, can be dissolved in a high alkaline solution (above 9 pH), at a high temperature (around 90c), for 2+ hours. This is what I do, using a little calcium hydroxide in water to raise the pH. I end up with a paste. Unlike DE placed in water, when I dissolve the paste in water there is no residue at the bottom. … After using this paste for a few weeks I noticed an increase in the rate of growth for fingernail and toe nails.

Kervran mentions that when organic silica is combined with potassium bicarbonate it transmutes into calcium to remineralize the bone, unlike simply taking calcium supplements. Using non-organic silica has the opposite effect, it demineralizes the bones and teeth.

Jstar

Been trying to get more silica (i, e., more bioavailable OSA) to remove aluminum but more importantly to help with recalcification of the bones and teeth (in accord with biological transformation theory of Louis Kervran). Looking for an organic source including bamboo, horsetail (which Kervran used) and DE. DE is not dissolvable in water—even when left in it for 24 hours, as suggested in an earlier post—nor in stomach acid and that is why when taking 625mg only 0.07mg of OSA is available. DE, however, can be dissolved in a high alkaline solution (above 9 pH), at a high temperature (around 90c), for 2+ hours. This is what I do, using a little calcium hydroxide in water to raise the pH. I end up with a paste. Unlike DE placed in water, when I dissolve the paste in water there is no residue at the bottom. … After using this paste for a few weeks I noticed an increase in the rate of growth for fingernail and toe nails.

Kervran mentions that when organic silica is combined with potassium bicarbonate it transmutes into calcium to remineralize the bone, unlike simply taking calcium supplements. Using non-organic silica has the opposite effect, it demineralizes the bones and teeth.
Also a fan of Kervran’s work. DE does not dissolve in water but does dissolve in a high pH solution (above 9.5) at high temp (90C). What I do is add some calcium hydroxide (Mrs. Wage’s pickling lime) to some warm water, dissolve completely, then slowly add several heaping Tbs of DE. I keep the solution heated (in a double boiler) and stir occasionally. I do this for 3-4 hours. What I end up with is a thick paste. (After the DE dissolves it does not sink to the bottom.) I take about 1/2 tsp per day. Nails growing a lot faster. Seems like a worn down tooth is also, slowly, growing out. … Will try other tooth remedies as well, esp., self-styled stem cell therapy which can be accomplished with aged-urine pulling (Holding aged urine in mouth for 15-20 minutes). For growing teeth, this would be preferred over standard oil pulling.

Attached photo is from Monica Schutt’s FB page. Person posting claims that teeth started to regrow after a few months of aged-urine pulling. Using fresh urge will not work because there are so few stem cells. When urine is aged, I think about 3 weeks to 2 years, stem cell concentration increases.

Attachments

• 531209BD-3D76-4ACD-9BD7-76DC9E802072.jpeg
    531209BD-3D76-4ACD-9BD7-76DC9E802072.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 5