Orbital Pseudotumor

DaveFoster

My girlfriend has an orbital pseudotumor, and she's been taking prednisone for some time. After her recent check-up, they put her on some oral chemo drugs.

They want to do radiation therapy on her eye; what other options are there? She's pretty young; eat's a standard, poor diet with lots of fruit and little protein. I'd greatly appreciate any help; I don't want to see her suffer.

dookie

My girlfriend has an orbital pseudotumor, and she's been taking prednisone for some time. After her recent check-up, they put her on some oral chemo drugs.

They want to do radiation therapy on her eye; what other options are there? She's pretty young; eat's a standard, poor diet with lots of fruit and little protein. I'd greatly appreciate any help; I don't want to see her suffer.

I found that fruits can often increase edema, due to the way they irritate the intestines. More meat and cheese is probably good, if she isn't getting enough protein. Caffeine is probably the safest of the anti-tumor agents. Some anti-estrogen would also be good, but keep in mind that some of the typical Peat anti-estrogens can paradoxically increase estrogenic symptoms, so watch out for the signs and symptoms.

Last edited:

mirc12354

I found that fruits can often increase edema, due to the way they irritate the intestines. More meat and cheese is probably good, if she isn't getting enough protein. Caffeine is probably the safest of the anti-tumor agents. Some anti-estrogen would also be good, but keep in mind that some of the typical Peat anti-estrogens can increase estrogen, so watch out for the signs and symptoms.
Could you be more specific, please?

dookie

Could you be more specific, please?

For example, some people experience a paradoxical increase in bloat and edema from taking aspirin, even though it is an "aromatase inhibitor" in some studies

I edited my post to make it more clear: Some supplements can increase the estrogenic symptoms, even though I'm not sure if they actually increase the estrogen level in the tissues

Last edited:

X3CyO

Not much to offer, but adding liver can definitely help. Heard some things about carnosine, taurine, vitamin e, and vitamin a's effects in reversing a lot of eye issues. Of course gelatin has the correct ratios of protein too..

A great multi is from autismcoach . com if that helps. Don't work for them, but after a while eventually decided it's near the best. Better than raw, and other great vitamins that have in and of themselves received 5 stars. Covering all ones bases can be beneficial as to providing the body everything it can possibly need for repair.

That. And a Plant based diet which is just about good for anything. Especially if you follow and understand peats work on what is good and what isn't. Lowers cancer rates, tumor rates, inflammation.

So... Best of both worlds.
Eat plant based till 5 then for dinner, go nuts,

Chopped liver mixed with egg yolk only and a little meat from whole foods. Food process. Turn into burgers and eat that cooked in coconut oil or butter on a gluten free bun with some orange juice. You could also mix gelatin in a bottle with juice and drink that. Recommend: juice first, then gelatin so it mixes well. Eat with a carrot salad.
The burger tastes better than raw liver... unless you decide to just freeze it and take it in tabs. That also works.

8-12% of protein seems to be the best range out of total calories. If she's not hitting that number, then milk can be good if it's sourced from the right people. Or some sort of pea protein if you really wanna go the extra mile (tastes shitty but has the peat ratio).

Coffee is great for occular health too. If you had to do just one thing, coffee would be best.

1) Coffee
2) Liver
3) Plant based diet/ Peat diet
4) Multivitamin
5) carnosine vitamin a e and taurine extract (not 100% certain, but they're up there when it comes to getting rid of cataracts naturally.)
6) for the hell of it, an aspirin. It's great for everything involving growths and inflammation. You probably already know that anywho. Just kept to the minimum would be fine unless more information is found.

Read a lot of your posts on the forum, and it seems like you might already know what to do deep down. You got this. Good luck.

-X

Last edited:

Sheila

Dear Mr Foster
I am sorry to hear of your girl friend's plight.

So technically this is an inflammatory mass of tissue, a swollen lump of cells, watery tissue - a bit like a fibroid behind the eye. Is this acute issue, systemic? Is she watery elsewhere? PMS? Has she any enlarged hypertrophic muscles that would also be indicative of swelling elsewhere? In my experience, symptoms are not often 'one offs', there are usually other connections and thereby the understanding becomes clearer. Is she on birth control? Sorry, I do not mean to pry, but oestrogen is a major proliferant of cells, so removing excess would, to my mind, be crucial to reducing any inflammatory tissue mass. And that means, adequate protein, adequate salt, sufficient calcium (prednisone does a number on calcium and copper supplies), maybe B6 and the other Bs (or liver as has been suggested) but to begin with the basics for reducing oedema including grated carrot with salt to keep the liver free to remove the oestrogen and mushy digestible foods to protect the gut lining from the chemical warfare.

Ignore the label, look at the connections instead.

But it is her journey. She may wish to do things differently, and therein might her safety lie. You may love her dearly, and she you, but she may not want your advice as your role for her may not be that of Dr Foster.
All the best to you both, very sincerely,
Sheila

Last edited:
OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Thank all of you for the responses. Classes have started, and I'm busy, but I'm going to talk to my girl about some of these.

@Sheila Thanks, Sheila. This is true. I don't know very much, and I won't pretend to be a doctor.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Just an update: her doctor prescribed her mycophenolate (an immunosupressant), and she's going to start taking birth control again. She came off of it for a while.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals