Orange Sources

cardochav

Im sure there are some people in the forum who squeeze their own OJ daily, that have already figured this out. I am looking to start, and before I invest in an orange press I want to know if there is a good online source for oranges which could be cheaper than the grocery store. Are oranges at the grocery stre typically the cheapest or are there any online distributors which are cheaper? Any tips would help. Thanks!

ken

I'm on the west coast, Seattle. There are grocery stores for restaurants and convience stores called Cash and Carry. Their juice oranges are between eighteen and twenty five a case. Probably 40 lbs. I also used to drive to a wholesale produce warehouse and ask at the dock. They sell to a lot of small distribution guys and will offen give you a case for twenty.

Last edited:

natedawggh

Im sure there are some people in the forum who squeeze their own OJ daily, that have already figured this out. I am looking to start, and before I invest in an orange press I want to know if there is a good online source for oranges which could be cheaper than the grocery store. Are oranges at the grocery stre typically the cheapest or are there any online distributors which are cheaper? Any tips would help. Thanks!
No ordering online is always more expensive because of the shipping (oranges are heavy)
If you're lucky to live near any farming regions look for farmers markets and roadside stands. Those are the least expensive and most delicious.