Orange Peel - What You Have Been Missing By Discarding It

Strengthen the blood vessels in your brain, and get rid of fungal infections. Got it. Doubling up on the peels. :hilarious:
Better than smelling like sulfur for two days like with the flowers...

Regina

keep in mind a fact about Calcium that I'm quoting from Ray Peat:

"If cellular energy production is low, as in hypothyroidism, cells tend to lose their magnesium very easily, shifting the balance toward the lower energy molecule, ADP, with the release of phosphate. ADP complexes with calcium, rather than magnesium, increasing the cells calcium content."

when you're drinking a lot of orange juice, I suspect a dilution of the nutrients and that shall lead to a raise in TSH. I've discussed that somewhere else recently in this forum.
I've always been told I "dont drink enough water" yet no matter what diet I try my TSH stayed around 1 to 1.5. I start drinking a lot of freshly squeezed juices and voila: TSH, triglycerides and LDL go up. I see people who drink large amounts of water and they've never really impressed me with their thyroid numbers. I think this excess water also disrupts the Na/K balance.

It is clear to me that eating ONE orange and a bit of its peel is a much better nutrition than drinking the (pasteurized?) juice from the subsidized food industry where it's claimed that TWENTY+ oranges are in one bottle as if that were somehow a good thing.

I got flamed in another thread where the OP has sky high triglycerides and drinks obviously way too many fluids. Hypothyroidism is a serious issue that leads to calcification.

So yes, oranges have a lot of calcium and great properties. It shouldn't lead to people drinking large amounts of it.
I am taking a couple of these with my orange juice (I'm squeezing local oranges). I think it helps.

B

Braveheart

Good thread, thank you...yes, Kordich was an inspiration too.

cyclops

So yes, oranges have a lot of calcium and great properties. It shouldn't lead to people drinking large amounts of it.

It is clear to me that eating ONE orange and a bit of its peel is a much better nutrition than drinking the (pasteurized?) juice from the subsidized food industry where it's claimed that TWENTY+ oranges are in one bottle as if that were somehow a good thing.

Ray's said that he drank up to a gallon of OJ a day. I think he's used to frozen canned concentrate too. So...

Amazoniac

- Citrus waste derived nutra-/pharmaceuticals for health benefits: Current trends and future perspectives

1610626174161.png

1610626183301.png

- flavus - Wiktionary
- albus - Wiktionary

- A genealogy of the citrus family

1610626228371.png

- Effect on the Taste and Flavor of Marmalade by Combining Citrus Fruits

- Modern Extraction and Purification Techniques for Obtaining High Purity Food-Grade Bioactive Compounds and Value-Added Co-Products from Citrus Wastes

1610626286539.png

- Anthocyanins and Other Polyphenols in Citrus Genus: Biosynthesis, Chemical Profile, and Biological Activity

- Candied Orange Peel Recipe | Daring Gourmet

- Debittering of citrus juice by different processing methods: A novel approach for food industry and agro-industrial sector

Ainaga

the chinese, mostly southern chinese, use not orange but tangerine peel as a medicinal herb, most notably to improve both stomach and lung function. many important formulas contain it. it is also used in soups.

ddjd

the chinese, mostly southern chinese, use not orange but tangerine peel as a medicinal herb, most notably to improve both stomach and lung function. many important formulas contain it. it is also used in soups.
Is that just due to availability or because regular orange doesn't have the medicinal properties?

I personally blend whole (peel and everything) navel oranges and notice pretty incredible effects in terms of lowering endotoxin and estrogen.

Ainaga

Is that just due to availability or because regular orange doesn't have the medicinal properties?

I personally blend whole (peel and everything) navel oranges and notice pretty incredible effects in terms of lowering endotoxin and estrogen.
likely it is because it is more powerful than orange peel for achieving the desired effect, and not due to availability.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals