Orange Marmalade

JewlzSanguine

I remember hearing Ray mention Orange marmalade being a superfood. I recently bought some and starting eating it yesterday. I noticed it made my gut feel strange and overall it made me feel different almost gave me a weird kind of buzz. I tried it again today and the same thing happened any ideas why?

yerrag

Without knowing what it's made of, hard to make even a guess.

OP
J

JewlzSanguine

Without knowing what it's made of, hard to make even a guess.
Ingredients: Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Orange With Peel, Organic Orange Juice Concentrate (Water, Organic Orange Juice Concentrate), Fruit Pectin.

Grapelander

You will need to do an ingredients audit.
ingred.JPG

Try a different brand.
Best to get local oranges and make your own.
I mixed mine with homemade ice cream.

To make just cut and soak peels in water overnight.
Boil down (slow) and add more water if needed.
Once peels are very soft - dump in a bunch of sugar.

yerrag

Were you eating it straight? Or with toast?
With tea? Or coffee?

If you were eating it straight, see if you can take it with other food.

Some people have gut issues with fructose, as fructose is said to feed gut bacteria. That is the first thing I would consider.

OP
J

JewlzSanguine

You will need to do an ingredients audit.
View attachment 39713
Try a different brand.
Best to get local oranges and make your own.
I mixed mine with homemade ice cream.

To make just cut and soak peels in water overnight.
Boil down (slow) and add more water if needed.
Once peels are very soft - dump in a bunch of sugar.
Thank you I might try that if I can find good quality oranges.

OP
J

JewlzSanguine

Were you eating it straight? Or with toast?
With tea? Or coffee?

If you were eating it straight, see if you can take it with other food.

Some people have gut issues with fructose, as fructose is said to feed gut bacteria. That is the first thing I would consider.
I had it on sourdough toast for breakfast. I don’t necessarily feel bad just different.

yerrag

I had it on sourdough toast for breakfast. I don’t necessarily feel bad just different.
Observe some more.

The naringenin in marmalade is good. But I've made my own marmalade and I've bought organic marmalades as well as just plain marmalade. Just avoiding the HFCS.

I've not felt anything different. But that is just me. I enjoy it a lot for the nice taste. And got a liking to it seeing my uncle from France just having it with toast and coffee for breakfast as a kid. I thought it weird then.

Different is a very imprecise description but usually taken as negative. I hope it is a positive eventually.

OP
J

JewlzSanguine

Observe some more.

The naringenin in marmalade is good. But I've made my own marmalade and I've bought organic marmalades as well as just plain marmalade. Just avoiding the HFCS.

I've not felt anything different. But that is just me. I enjoy it a lot for the nice taste. And got a liking to it seeing my uncle from France just having it with toast and coffee for breakfast as a kid. I thought it weird then.

Different is a very imprecise description but usually taken as negative. I hope it is a positive eventually.
Thank you Yerrag.

Lollipop2

Ingredients: Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Orange With Peel, Organic Orange Juice Concentrate (Water, Organic Orange Juice Concentrate), Fruit Pectin.
These seem like excellent ingredients. Could it be the region the oranges were grown in? Maybe allergenic for you?

livesimply

I'd like to know what brand also, JewlzSanguine. I used to buy an organic brand made by Mediterranean Organics.....but they discontinued making it. :cry:

BearWithMe

Keep in mind that the orange peel accumulate large amounts of pesticides, and that organic oranges are sprayed almost as much as non-organic.

Orange marmalade is a superfood, but only if you make it from your own, home grown oranges.

Keep in mind that the orange peel accumulate large amounts of pesticides, and that organic oranges are sprayed almost as much as non-organic.

Orange marmalade is a superfood, but only if you make it from your own, home grown oranges.
I have not heard that organic oranges are sprayed with pesticides?

yerrag

OP
J

JewlzSanguine

OP
J

JewlzSanguine

Thank you for this! I am switching to this one, because I like it doesn’t have pectin.

livesimply

I called Mediterranean Organics and they've discontinued this marmalade, but instacart might have some leftover stock.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals