Orange juice...WHY PULP FREE ???

OP
Bodrum

Bodrum

Fiber could be dangerous due to fermentation and endotoxin. It depende on your gut health.
I do not have good gut health, ans going thru a gout atrack at the moment.. waiting for my blood results to be sure.. do you think I shpuld stay away all fiber?
Thanks

Vins7

I do not have good gut health, ans going thru a gout atrack at the moment.. waiting for my blood results to be sure.. do you think I shpuld stay away all fiber?
Thanks
It could help you.

mayku-T-meelo

They often add pulp after juicing or even use enzymes to break it down in the pulp-free version. I'd say if you can't juice oranges yourself, drink commercially available orange juice only occasionally.

1631775957921.png

Perry Staltic

Some gut bacteria ferment fiber to produce butyrate, which is a major energy source for colonocytes, the cells that line the colon. Without that energy source they can't function properly, and leaky gut can result.

Last edited:
P

Peatness

Thanks
Gout is linked to endotoxin according to Dr Peat

"If you look at practically any degenerative disease - arthritis, gout, dementia, epilepsy, hepatitis - almost anything is crucially made worse by the endotoxins. Once you get stressed, then all of these things are exacerbated by endotoxin." Ray Peat

I think the safe fibers like carrot salad might help. The fiber in orange juice would not be helpful

Kira

I’d say try it… Drinking fresh OJ with “normal”’ amount of pulp in it was a total game changer for me… Not sure with the commercial OJ, but I’d also try it…. And yes - as Perry Staltic mentioned above, butyrate is important… So I’d experiment and find what works… If you have an OJ and lets say potatoes at one meal, you may experience negative symptoms and think its OJ, but it can be the potato or the combination of the two…and so on

P

Peatness

I was detemined not to spend time removing the pulp from orange juice. Once that stuff hit my gut a few times I bought a sieve. Now I am experimenting with removing the pulp and adding cellulose fiber. Has anyone used cellulose? Dr Peat was asked about it in an interview and he said it was ok.

Birdie

Lately, I've found the pulp bothers my stomach, but it has been fine in the past - symptom wise. Another reason I strain out the pulp is that pulp rises to the top getting very thick when I add Baking Soda. I used to add gelatin to oj, but found my arginine got too high. Don't know anything about adding cellulose.

P

Peatness

Lately, I've found the pulp bothers my stomach, but it has been fine in the past - symptom wise. Another reason I strain out the pulp is that pulp rises to the top getting very thick when I add Baking Soda. I used to add gelatin to oj, but found my arginine got too high. Don't know anything about adding cellulose.
I have a lot fo gelatin been wondering about low lysine recently.

B

Braveheart

Pulp, no pulp...either one, never been a problem here...must have good gut health due to....my artemisinin intake among other things? BTW butyrate good for ART absorption/bioavailability.

Birdie

Pulp, no pulp...either one, never been a problem here...must have good gut health due to....my artemisinin intake among other things? BTW butyrate good for ART absorption/bioavailability.
Oh, my husband takes artemisinin too and his stomach takes a lot more than mine does. But he's always been that way. I started him on the artemisinin for his sibo. Not that I think that'll take care of it, but help I hope.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals