Orange Juice Subsititute To Lower Estrogen?

RayPeatFan777

I did some googling but couldnt find why specifically OJ lowers estrogen.
Is it because of the vitamin c for example?

I know it energizes the liver but why?

It seems that OJ worsens my acid reflux issues and I wonder if theres another option for the time being.

Cheers.

Kartoffel

I did some googling but couldnt find why specifically OJ lowers estrogen.
Is it because of the vitamin c for example?

I know it energizes the liver but why?

It seems that OJ worsens my acid reflux issues and I wonder if theres another option for the time being.

Cheers.

Better orange juice ;) ? Most of them are really crappy.

Kartoffel

Dunno, I was making it fresh with the best oranges I could find.

In my experience it is really hard to find good oranges in most supermarkets, and good oranges are likely to be very expensive, especially if you require large quantities for making juice. I would try to find a good, sweet juice made from concentrate. If that doesn't work, apple juice, grape juice, or honey might be good substitutes.

A. squamosa

try making an orange julius maybe, instead of having just oj
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup oj
1 tbsp gelatin dissolved
2 tsp honey

mix it all up. It's delicious!

also sipping a bit of baking/bi carb soda in water can help with reflux - I get it too, it sucks!

OP
RayPeatFan777

RayPeatFan777

2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup oj
1 tbsp gelatin dissolved
2 tsp honey

also sipping a bit of baking/bi carb soda in water can help with reflux - I get it too, it sucks!

Ah I forgot to try the bicarb trick. I think I read it causes some kind of 'acid rebound' and the acid will come back even stronger at a later time and this put me off, but ill try it.

A. squamosa

I haven't had an 'acid rebound' happen to me (first time I've heard of it) - different people different experiences I guess, but yeah, works for me anyway :)

benaoao

Why would oranges bought at the supermarket be bad?

Maybe because they’re picked unripe and therefore are low in vitamins and minerals? Would that be valid for all store bought produce?

michael94

I prefer from concentrate juices
they seem to digest easier and taste
may not apply to those with healthy digestion

frozen concentrate allows one to control the water content and quality of water over already reconstituted from concentrate juic

2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup oj
1 tbsp gelatin dissolved
2 tsp honey

hello
have u ever add bakingpowder to grape juice ( concord )
it turns blue
wonder what that is about

michael94

I haven't had an 'acid rebound' happen to me (first time I've heard of it) - different people different experiences I guess, but yeah, works for me anyway :)
whenever I see u post I think of whatever animal that is sipping orange juice
lol

anyfit

i think peat mentioned guava/ guava juice as also being useful anti aromatase because of the apigenin in one of his podcasts with danny roddy.

A. squamosa

@RayPeatFan777 also, sometimes my reflux is my stomach telling me it needs food in it immediately, or that my last meal's macros were too unbalanced. Perhaps consider the context of your reflux a little more - e.g. adding more gelatin to your oj or having amino pro might get rid of it?

MoonDay

@RayPeatFan777 also, sometimes my reflux is my stomach telling me it needs food in it immediately, or that my last meal's macros were too unbalanced. Perhaps consider the context of your reflux a little more - e.g. adding more gelatin to your oj or having amino pro might get rid of it?
Does anyone has recommendation of good gelatin on the market? BTY the seal on your profile photo is MAJESTIC!

OP
RayPeatFan777

RayPeatFan777

YES, i feel this is the case for me too. empty stomach = the worst burn. I need to try gelatin in OJ, its a mental thing im trying to get past.. adding in chicken neck stock to my orange juice haha :)

Approx how much bicarb do you use? I might put some in capsules to make it easier to taste

Thanks

A. squamosa

I don't really measure it, just put a hefty pinch in a small amount of water, if that doesn't do the trick I have some more.

don't add chicken neck stock to your oj lol! get a powdered gelatin :)

ebs

I wasn't sure up until recently that it was Barzini I mean fresh orange juice (or at least some) that gives me bloating and digestion issues all along.

Concentrate doesn't seem to give me issues.