Orange Juice Side Effects, What Can I Do To Fix The Main Problem?

Astolfo

I'm getting brainfog, mild headache, bloating, gas, fatigue and heart palpitations from orange juice, even at low values as 200 mL. In short, it worsens all the symptoms of my PSSD. Also aspirin causes the same effects.

Do you think that my absolutely terrible gut health is responsible of all these?

Lately, I'm trying to fix my IBS as it became literally impossible to listen teacher at classes beacuse of the bloathing and gas problem which mostly occurs when I'm doing mental task (Stress response as well). I also misused some antibiotics a few weeks ago (short-term low dose usage, didn't do any benefit but worsened the condition). I have no enough money to buy gelatine or a supplement, as everything is very expensive in this shitty country.

I searched a lot but couldn't really find any helpful answer. Everyone says different thing. I would be very glad if someone helps me about this.

Fractality

Are you drinking commercial oj? If so, try a better brand, no enzymes, etc, or juice oranges yourself. I juice oranges, and will never go back to store-bought OJ unless I can't use my juicer.

K

Kratos

Some people can't handle orange juice no matter what, you can get organic quality oranges straight from the jungle and juice them and still have problems.

Astolfo

Some people can't handle orange juice no matter what, you can get organic quality oranges straight from the jungle and juice them and still have problems.
Are you drinking commercial oj? If so, try a better brand, no enzymes, etc, or juice oranges yourself. I juice oranges, and will never go back to store-bought OJ unless I can't use my juicer.

I'm not drinking any commercial juice.

Kratos, do you have any idea why this happens? I was completely fine at early times with orange juice, or with aspirin no matter how much the dosage. But after the pssd, I got very sensitive to these type of foods and drinks. I'm not really sure which aspect is the responsible though, as the pssd has both neurologic and metabolic side effects for me.

K

Kratos

Could be a yeast/fungal/candida/SIBO problem? maybe histamine issues? I don't drink orange juice anymore and gave up on trying to figure out what the problem was.

schultz

Would be interesting to figure out what causes your problem. I can drink as much OJ as I want with no problems regardless of the brand, so why can some people not handle it? I would imagine it's gut related...

Also, why can't some people handle milk? So weird. We need to get to the bottom of this!!

managing

WHen insulin resistant, large (or not so large) doses of sugar can cause breathlessness, pounding heart, etc. Do any other foods do it?

Astolfo

WHen insulin resistant, large (or not so large) doses of sugar can cause breathlessness, pounding heart, etc. Do any other foods do it?

I don't usually eat foods that high in sugar, so I don't know. But as far as I remember, at once when I ate some sugary strawberries, I hadn't see side effects like that. I may be wrong, so not take this very serious.

I definitely think that I'm insuling resistant, you can look my old posts and you can see why. 4 mg cyproheptadine kick me hard at one night. I experienced very serious hypoglycemia symptoms. Since then, some of the things changed in my body, and I clearly feels the difference.

sunraiser

You can't compare sugary strawberries to juice - they have fibre content and promote more stable insulin response via both chewing and being a whole fruit.

Why do you need orange juice to work specifically? If you're craving vitamin C rich foods you could just eat a kiwi or two.

Carrum

Also, why can't some people handle milk? So weird. We need to get to the bottom of this!!
The exact number of adults with lactose intolerance is unknown.[7] One estimate puts the average at 65% of the global population.[8] Rates of lactose intolerance vary between regions, from less than 10% in Northern Europe to as high as 95% in parts of Asia and Africa.[3]
I wouldn't say that 65% would mean it's weird. Seems fairly common to me and that's without also including the people that are allergic to milk.