Orange Juice Makes Me Tired

pro marker

usually run out of breath easily after. what does this mean? happens even with the sweetes juice (i press it myself)

orewashin

It may be hard to digest a large amount of orange juice. I get diarrhea from too much at once.

gaze

it could be lowering adrenaline and cortisol so your low metabolic rate becomes evident

Velve921

it could be lowering adrenaline and cortisol so your low metabolic rate becomes evident

I 2nd this.

6 years ago when my health was so bad after going low carb and overtraining, I came across peats work. The first thing I did was basically drink a gallon of orange juice in the first day. I couldn’t stop as it was beyond satisfying. It also just chilled me out like nothing I can remember.

Something anecdotal... one time there were 2 girls that had consumed too much alcohol at my complex pool a few years back. They couldn’t even stand... I offered them orange juice as they closest substance.

The girls both simultaneously said no as they say sugar drinks put them right to sleep every time.

Hans

Forum Supporter
usually run out of breath easily after. what does this mean? happens even with the sweetes juice (i press it myself)
When I was keto I got a stress reaction from orange juice. Cold sweats, faint, muscle weakness, trembling, etc. I didn't react the same way to starches.
Now, after I've been off of keto for about 3 years, I can drink all the OJ I want without any issue. The OJ was most likely lowering stress so my adrenaline had to kick in fast to prevent blood sugar from dropping too low (cortisol increases blood sugar, which is being lowered by the OJ).

How much do you consume of it? How many Carbs a day from all sources? Testing for Diabetes?

Gbriel

When I was keto I got a stress reaction from orange juice. Cold sweats, faint, muscle weakness, trembling, etc. I didn't react the same way to starches.
Now, after I've been off of keto for about 3 years, I can drink all the OJ I want without any issue. The OJ was most likely lowering stress so my adrenaline had to kick in fast to prevent blood sugar from dropping too low (cortisol increases blood sugar, which is being lowered by the OJ).
How interesting,
I’ve been lurking and experimenting since October last year. Just the past two weeks have actually been using Cronometer and what a difference. Overall sense of well-being and libido is good. But I was still getting wiped by mid day. Just exhausted.
I just eliminated orange juice yesterday. All I had was milk yogurt coffee a little bit of honey and sugar to keep my carbs up in the morning but milk the rest of the day till the afternoon.

Wow what a difference. I didn’t feel wiped at all. Definitely was waiting for the afternoon crash I’m so used to it. But I was able to work on music after work. Even work out (thank you methylene blue)

Any thoughts on why this is? Am I not processing the OJ well enough or should I just keep the high carbs for the evening?

Beastmode

I add quite a bit of salt to my OJ in between meals and it works well.

Beastmode

Wild, I will definitely try that. I work outside in AZ so I sweat a lot. I imagine the salt will help.
I hope it helps.

I'm in S. Florida so we have some serious humidity here.

Thinking more in minerals needed as a basis seems to help me more than the carbs/protein/fat line of thinking.

I've been experimenting with a 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar (mixed well) as well in my salty OJ.

Last edited:

Gbriel

I hope it helps.

I'm in S. Florida so we have some serious humidity here.

Thinking more in minerals needed as a basis seems to help me more than the carbs/protein/fat line of thinking.

I've been experimenting with a 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar (mixed well) as well in my salty OJ.
Interesting, thanks for the tip. How much Salt and how much Oj would you say you consume in a day?

Beastmode

Interesting, thanks for the tip. How much Salt and how much Oj would you say you consume in a day?
On average, 1-1.5 cups per day split up into 2 drinks. I have them between meals. 1/8-1/4th tsp per glass.

That's what I need per day, but if I were outside all day I imagine quite a bit more OJ. I'd probably increase the salt part for a greater volume, and experiment with the cream of tartar.