Orange Juice Cartons Plastic?

Probably the carton is coated with plastic layer that can contain BPA or other phthalates that leak out by the acidic orange juice.
I would always go for glass containers

Herbie

Store bought oj is not worth it in my opinion due to taste and degraded vitamin c, If I can’t have fresh oj from home I’ll drink Coca Cola.

Our supermarkets have fresh Orange Juicer machine from Zumex
exprimidoras.jpg

jumbo-berkel-enschot-portretten-8.jpg

Redshine

But do you take your own glass containers with you ? Because I know them only with plastic bottles, only by Ekoplaza I know them in glass containers but that is not fresh orange juice. Or should I just buy a juicer and start juicing myself :shy:

But do you take your own glass containers with you ? Because I know them only with plastic bottles, only by Ekoplaza I know them in glass containers but that is not fresh orange juice. Or should I just buy a juicer and start juicing myself :shy:
yeah yur right, you know best.., take yur own glass with you !, F the plastic coated beakers of the shop .. Ekoplaza? I know that brand, it is a dutch brand and shop here lol, are you from Holland ? . anyhow your question... I think PET(1) contained fresh Juice is OK and then the next best thing .. conserved juice that is not from concentrate is good also, as long if it is not from concentrate, coz Vitamin C is fragile, it breaks easily. No hard shaking!.

Aymen

yeah yur right, you know best.., take yur own glass with you !, F the plastic coated beakers of the shop .. Ekoplaza? I know that brand, it is a dutch brand and shop here lol, are you from Holland ? . anyhow your question... I think PET(1) contained fresh Juice is OK and then the next best thing .. conserved juice that is not from concentrate is good also, as long if it is not from concentrate, coz Vitamin C is fragile, it breaks easily. No hard shaking!.
your thoughts on Eco-park ?
i found a juice in the supermarket stored in plastic container ( i can see the word Eco-park on top of it ) called "100% orange juice , no sugar , no water , concentrated " .
i just bought it , even though it's type 1 plastic ( PET ) , but i buy juice from supermarket only in autumn and winter and spring .

Redshine

Yes I'm from Holland :):, it's not easy finding good fresh (bio) orange juice, but i'm just starting eating this way or at least trying to. So maybe I'm just not looking in the right places :angelic:. I store my milk always in glass bottles so maybe I can find a way tot do that with orange juice to. Do you (general orange) have any tips for for me for some good brands in oj ore things related to eating ray peat style ?

@Redshine When the freshly squeezed juice is not available, personally I use the pasteurized orange juice from the supermarket bottled in glass. I believe the oranges from outside Europe is less safe and can be heavily sprayed like from Brazil, but should be safer to get oranges and juice from Spain like Valencia oranges. Weetwatjeeet.nl can be used to check earlier toxin measurements on food from some years back but is not up to date. To be sure one could inform the product company for what oranges they use and from where.

Darn, it appears PET is not so safe plastic either.

Polyethylene Terephthalate May Yield Endocrine Disruptors

"
Conclusion
The evidence suggests that PET bottles may yield endocrine disruptors under conditions of common use, particularly with prolonged storage and elevated temperature. Important questions for future research include the following: What substances in the water are responsible for the estrogenic effects observed in the bioassays—is it one or more of the phthalates, and/or antimony, and/or as yet unidentified substances? How do variations in the composition and manufacture of PET influence the leaching of these substances into the contents of the bottle? Would special measures—such as a special coating on the inner wall of the bottle (e.g., Pennarun et al. 2004), or transportation under controlled-temperature conditions—minimize the leaching of these substances into the contents? Because of the widespread use of PET plastic worldwide in containers for water, soda beverages, and condiments, the safety of PET under conditions of common use certainly merits further investigation."

Last edited:

Redshine

@General Orange I saw the oranges from jumbo (yes yes I checked :oops:, because I got curious about the freshly squeezed juice) came from Egypt. I will look on the site that you mentioned if I can find some info about that, thanks fore the tip btw. There is a bio version bij Albert Heijn in plastic (bummer) but also in glass, not fresh but a good second option I hope.