Orange Jucier

Mittir

Charlie said:

Charlie, you picked a good juicer.
I read their product description. They are claiming their product is acid resistant and they
use chromium, enamel finishing and porcelain component. Now it seems like a perfect juicer.
I checked similar juicer by other companies. They use stainless steel but does not say anything
about acid resistance. Also learned that 18/10 stainless steel means 18 % chromium and 10 %
nickel. RP warned against using stainless still high nickel content.

Q: How do I know which stainless steels are safe?

There are two main types of stainless steel, magnetic and nonmagnetic. The nonmagnetic form has a very high nickel content, and nickel is allergenic and carcinogenic. It is much more toxic than iron or aluminum. You can use a little "refrigerator magnet" to test your pans. The magnet will stick firmly to the safer type of pan.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow thanks Mittir for checking further into that! I hope some day I am able to buy it! For now, I will just have to use what I got.

Gabriel

In those machines what happenes with the kernels? Are they expelled undamaged or crushed? Do you wash the oranges before putting them in the machine to reduce pesticides from the shell?