Oral Thrush Getting Worse On This Diet

Brian

My observation is biofilms love calcium and low fat dairy and easily incorporate it into its outer shield, which allows the colonies of fungus and bacteria to grow even more unopposed. So the question is to figure out why biofilms are thriving in your mouth or GI tract. I think one of the most common reasons is poor saliva quality and low zinc and copper in both tissues and bodily fluids which are largely involved in sterilizing tissues from biofilm growth and encourage stomach acidity. So in my opinion if you are having biofilm issues, such as oral thrush, one possible solution is to eat calcium in smaller amounts and always mixed with lots of saturated fat to protect it from being captured by biofilms, while focusing on zinc and copper in reasonable amounts from foods like liver, oysters, beef. Calcium powders may be even more likely to feed biofilms, while calcium from leafy greens seems much more resistant to being used by biofilms. So it may be a better option, while trying to get things under control.

Amazoniac

My observation is biofilms love calcium and low fat dairy and easily incorporate it into its outer shield, which allows the colonies of fungus and bacteria to grow even more unopposed. So the question is to figure out why biofilms are thriving in your mouth or GI tract. I think one of the most common reasons is poor saliva quality and low zinc and copper in both tissues and bodily fluids which are largely involved in sterilizing tissues from biofilm growth and encourage stomach acidity. So in my opinion if you are having biofilm issues, such as oral thrush, one possible solution is to eat calcium in smaller amounts and always mixed with lots of saturated fat to protect it from being captured by biofilms, while focusing on zinc and copper in reasonable amounts from foods like liver, oysters, beef. Calcium powders may be even more likely to feed biofilms, while calcium from leafy greens seems much more resistant to being used by biofilms. So it may be a better option, while trying to get things under control.
I can't remember who was the person discussing this, maybe Jenn, SaltGirl, I don't know; but commenting that even a slight variation in pH can be enough to disrupt mouth health..

Brian

mmmm

so what do you suggest @Brian

I don't know of a one size fits all protocol, but essentials I've seen get the most results in a lot of people are getting calories high, usually 3000+ in a form that you assimilate well, for me that is a fair amount of saturated fat. Then increasing magnesium, zinc and copper intake from food mostly. Also salivating each bite or drink of food for a very long time can help stimulate enzyme release that will sterilize the mouth, break down biofilms, and protect food from fermentation in the GI tract.

EIRE24

I don't know of a one size fits all protocol, but essentials I've seen get the most results in a lot of people are getting calories high, usually 3000+ in a form that you assimilate well, for me that is a fair amount of saturated fat. Then increasing magnesium, zinc and copper intake from food mostly. Also salivating each bite or drink of food for a very long time can help stimulate enzyme release that will sterilize the mouth, break down biofilms, and protect food from fermentation in the GI tract.
What is a days worth of food look like for you?

Brian

What is a days worth of food look like for you?

Thanksgiving style feasts lately. But my staples usually are loaded mashed potatoes, some meat, dairy, cooked green vegetables. fruit/juice/maple syrup in sugary deserts. Usually the entire day's calories in two large meals. I wouldn't expect this to work well for everybody. It seems to work best with regular resistance exercise and a non-sitting lifestyle.

Last edited:

EIRE24

Thanksgiving style feasts lately. But my staples usually are loaded mashed potatoes, some meat, dairy, cooked green vegetables. fruit/juice/maple syrup in sugary deserts. Usually the entire day's calories in two large meals. I wouldn't expect this to work well for everybody. It seems to work best with regular resistance exercise and a non-sitting lifestyle.
Why not because it isn't enough meals? How many calories and how much fat on average do you eat?

Brian

Why not because it isn't enough meals? How many calories and how much fat on average do you eat?

Higher fat diet seems to benefit from better circulation of less sitting. Combined with lots of carbs some resistance exercise is needed to keep insulin sensitivity high.

About 3000 calories probably. Probably up to 40 percent fat sometimes more, sometimes less.

EIRE24

Higher fat diet seems to benefit from better circulation of less sitting. Combined with lots of carbs some resistance exercise is needed to keep insulin sensitivity high.

About 3000 calories probably. Probably up to 40 percent fat sometimes more, sometimes less.
Ah I understand.

Makrosky

mmmm thanks brian
I copied this message to my notebook file (can't remember if it's from this board or the old peatarian one) from a user I can't remember his/her name. I think it's worth mentioning :
"This might be obvious to a lot of you, but sometimes I miss the most obvious things.

Last week I realised I ate very quickly, gulped fluids, and never really gave my mouth the chance to do its job as part of the digestive system.

I've been thoroughly chewing for a few days, making sure food is nice and mushy and coated in saliva before swallowing, and slowly sipping fluids -- basically taking as much pressure off the rest of the digestive tract as possible -- and I feel like a new man.

My white tongue has disappeared for the first time in about 3 years. Libido has been terrific, I've slept like a log, and I generally feel much lighter, calmer, and positive. And that's just a few days. I'm gonna watch for other changes in the next week.

Just thought I should point that out in case there's anyone out there as foolish as me " -

J

James IV

In my experience, a low fat diet is a great way to create systemic bacterial imbalances.

Brian

I copied this message to my notebook file (can't remember if it's from this board or the old peatarian one) from a user I can't remember his/her name. I think it's worth mentioning :

That's actually the exact post that got me to take thoroughly salivating food and drink seriously as a way to improve metabolism. I wonder if that's why a high liquid diet can be problematic for some people with low metabolic rate? All food needs contact with enzymes to be digested including sucrose. And when metabolism is low enzymes are in short supply, so it makes sense to chew and salivate food for a much longer time if digestion seems to be poor or incomplete to get as much mechanical and chemical work done in the mouth as possible.

I think that's also a strong argument to eat delicious food that induces a lot of salivation. So salt to taste and perhaps a little starch and decent sized meals to elicit a strong digestion response. Mostly chewable food, at least until digestion is very strong again.

Chewing gum before and after meals is another way to induce salivation. I have also swished xylitol powder between meals to keep saliva production up.

Salivating is apparently the main mechanism to induce gastric acid release as well.

Last edited:
J

James IV

I agree with what you said in the thread but could you maybe elaborate a bit on it for me?

Bile is important for keeping the bacteria levels stable. Greatly limiting fat can cause the gallbladder to become less efficient at releasing bile.

There are also other reasons I believe very low fat CAN compromise immunity.

EIRE24

Bile is important for keeping the bacteria levels stable. Greatly limiting fat can cause the gallbladder to become less efficient at releasing bile.

There are also other reasons I believe very low fat CAN compromise immunity.
Would you like to PM me and that way we don't derail the thread? I'm on a low fat diet but about to ditch it for various reasons but feel what you have to say may help me?

J

James IV

Would you like to PM me and that way we don't derail the thread? I'm on a low fat diet but about to ditch it for various reasons but feel what you have to say may help me?

You may pm me if you like. But if you remember, we had a long exchange a while back. I'm not sure what else I can tell you that I haven't already.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals