Oral Thrush (and Maybe Esophagus)

Discussion in 'Oral Health' started by stsfut, May 29, 2019.

1. stsfut

stsfut Member

My uvula and top of mouth is peppered with white spots, very concerning. I’m quite sure it is thrush. I have no fatigue/fever, so unlikely to be bacterial. I tested negative for strep this morning. Dr. agreed with my thrush diagnosis. I was given fluconazole today.

Anyways, I was looking at the causes. I do not have HIV or diabetes, nor do I take inhalers. I’m thinking it’s tied to my heavy ABX use in the past few months. It began right after a trip of heavy boozing and little sleep. Also, can giving oral to female cause it?

Any thoughts or experience shared is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks! 28 Male by the way.

2. Inaut

Inaut Member

I was about to say..:.. Michael Douglas said oral sex caused his throat cancer.. he’s law when it comes to that kind stuff...(sarcasm) and no I’m not insinuating esophageal cancer..

I’d start taking some antifungal/bacterial/viral herbs like wormwood, pau Darco, mb or Lugols iodine if I were you

3. OP
    stsfut

stsfut Member

Crazy lol. But yea, been taking lugol’s and now this antifungal. It’s crazy how bad it is. Never had anything like this.

4. Inaut

Inaut Member

I got terribly sick some years ago after performing cunning linguisms on my gal pal.... I think my immune system was already weakened at that point due to various factors but shortly after that experience I developed ulcers all along my digestive track.....

Can’t say i didn’t enjoy it at the time but...... now I think before acting, “what would mike do/say”

Do miss that part of intimacy but not really worth it anymore (atleast for me )

5. OP
    stsfut

stsfut Member

So after one day of the antifungal, white spots are gone...thank god