Oral Dhea

Coderr

I would like to take 5-10 mg of dhea orally. But some people say there is no oral benefit. It is not sold as a conditioner or transdermally in my country. That's why I have to take it as a tablet.

Razvan

Yeah I felt it even orally,but be careful not to take too much as it will increase estrogen.

golder

Does anyone know if topical DHEA is less likely to convert to estrogen? Seeing as my E2 is high I want to use all techniques to reduce aromatisation as possible

Gustav3Y

I get clear estrogenic symptoms soon after I would take oral 5mg oral DHEA, so it definitely works orally.

limitless77

I get clear estrogenic symptoms soon after I would take oral 5mg oral DHEA, so it definitely works orally.
what are the estrogenic effects you're talking about? and I don't get why someone would take something that increase estrogen

L_C

I would like to take 5-10 mg of dhea orally. But some people say there is no oral benefit. It is not sold as a conditioner or transdermally in my country. That's why I have to take it as a tablet.

Did you get blood work done that shows low dhea? I wouldn't mess around with that one. I took no more than three drops of pansterone and everything turned into estrogen.... dealing with the consequences of this experiment now.

opethfeldt

You don't have the take the tablets orally. Just crush them up and dissolve them in a carrier and apply topically. That said, orally DHEA does work. I find anything below 10mg to be beneficial but as you creep up past 5mg, you're best off pairing it with something to reduce aromatase.

Gustav3Y

what are the estrogenic effects you're talking about? and I don't get why someone would take something that increase estrogen
I do not take it currently but I have tried before on several occasions with various quantities.
DHEA is well regarded by the forum saints, RAy and Haidut so of course not much negativity goes around it, also some other members that support it seems to may have not even taken DHEA.
For me it is irritation and mammary gland pains that are the estrogenic symptoms.

Some would want to increase estrogen to get better erections and/or libido, if it is very low can be detrimental to both of those.

Cmarie

My doctor put me on DHEA in an effort to try to get my morning energy back. I am already on dessicated andrenals and that isn't kicking in. Also, chronic insomnia. I am hypo and on NP thyroid, 1/2 grain. I am concerned for the increase in estrogen as she said I am already in a high estrogen category with endo and fibroids.

I was reading another thread on a member that can't get going in the morning. I am the same -- I barely get up and get lemon water, then some coffee but I have to sit down and take a nap. Then there's a rush because I need to move to get ready for work. I can literally lay down after getting up and just lay there and "be", lack of urgency and motivation.

Trying to figure this out.

So far, for the chronic insomnia this week I am trying out.....trytophan and a glass of a Slow Mag solution -- mainly glycinate -- before 8. I still don't fall asleep easy, more just pass out. But I sleep more this week through the night.

Any suggestions please.

wildworld1992

You don't have the take the tablets orally. Just crush them up and dissolve them in a carrier and apply topically. That said, orally DHEA does work. I find anything below 10mg to be beneficial but as you creep up past 5mg, you're best off pairing it with something to reduce aromatase.
What carrier do you use?