Oral Absorbtion Of Progesterone

success23

Hello.

Absorption of oral progesterone is influenced by vehicle and particle size. - PubMed - NCBI

"..Four types of oral progesterone had equivalent mean peak elevations and mean times to peak: plain milled, 9.6 +/- 2.5 ng/ml at 4.0 +/- 0.5 hours; micronized 13.2 +/- 2.4 ng/ml at 3.2 +/- 0.4 hours; plain milled in oil, 11.3 +/- 3.0 ng/ml at 4.0 +/- 0.5 hours; and micronized in enteric-coated capsules, 11.2 +/- 3.0 ng/ml at 4.1 +/- 0.7 hours."

Can someone please help me figure out what those numbers mean ? :D
How much of the 200 mg dose of prog was absorbed?

Thank you

vulture

I'm also interested on this. Here is hard to bring health related products, so I would like to know what can I do with micronized progesterone (relatively cheap) available in the country. It comes in 100 to 400 mg per softgel, intended for intravaginal usage.

vulture

"The bioavailability of micronized progesterone is similar to that of other natural steroids, and interindividual and intraindividual variability of area under the curve is similar to that seen with synthetic progestins. A clear dose-ranging effect has been demonstrated, and long-term protection of the endometrium has been established. Micronized progesterone has been used widely in Europe since 1980 at dosages ranging from 300 mg/d (taken at bedtime) 10 days a month for women wishing regular monthly bleeding to 200 mg 14 days a month or 100 mg 25 days a month for women willing to remain amenorrheic. This therapy is well tolerated, with the only specific side effect being mild and transient drowsiness, an effect minimized by taking the drug at bedtime. The prospective, comparative Postmenopausal Estrogens/Progestin Intervention trial has recommended oral micronized progesterone as the first choice for opposing estrogen therapy in nonhysterectomized postmenopausal women."

Oral micronized progesterone. - PubMed - NCBI
Seems like 50 to 100 mg for a male would be a good place to start, since usually Progesterone is used in half the dose for males when supplementing.
Any further ideas?
Also, I would like to know how to dissolve it. It would be cheaper to do that for me, or I would have to cut the softgel and measure the thing to get around 50 to 100 mg.

Adrenaline

In summary study says that micronized in oil progesterone is the best. Oil/fat increases progesterone's absorption. So it's always good to take progesterone with (fatty) meals.

Also Peat says that Vitamin E increases Progesterone's absorption.

vulture

In summary study says that micronized in oil progesterone is the best. Oil/fat increases progesterone's absorption. So it's always good to take progesterone with (fatty) meals.

Also Peat says that Vitamin E increases Progesterone's absorption.
Do you know if Progesterone absorbs orally? My only way around with what I have (prometrium) is to cut the capsule, take 1/4 of the content and drink it, but I have read that stomach acid destroys progesterone

Adrenaline

Do you know if Progesterone absorbs orally? My only way around with what I have (prometrium) is to cut the capsule, take 1/4 of the content and drink it, but I have read that stomach acid destroys progesterone

I have never understand that "stomach acid destroys x" There's no logic.

Stomach acid is there for breaking up, digesting things not for destroying them. It will help you to digest anything including rat poison.

Progesterone should make you dizzy for a while after you take it. Take Prometrium with a fatty meal. You will see that progesterone is absorbed.

I'm using Prometrium too. Without meal it doesn't absorb, I don't feel anything.

vulture

I have never understand that "stomach acid destroys x" There's no logic.

Stomach acid is there for breaking up, digesting things not for destroying them. It will help you to digest anything including rat poison.

Progesterone should make you dizzy for a while after you take it. Take Prometrium with a fatty meal. You will see that progesterone is absorbed.

I'm using Prometrium too. Without meal it doesn't absorb, I don't feel anything.
I'm currently taking the content of the capsule, using equivalent to 50 mg of progesterone on my wrists, and so far I feel for the last 2 days it made me sleep better. And I was feeling more relaxed and calm on my job, but is subtle, I don't feel sedated, just relaxed. I have had interesting dreams, not nightmares but dreams that seems more peaceful or even when I managed to turn the situations into positive.

How much are you taking? I just managed to find 200 mg capsules. So, it's taking the whole thing down (200 mg), or taking part of the stuff out of the capsule and putting it into a pill and eat it along fat as you said to decrease the amount.

I guess you are using saturated fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom