Optimal Blood Sugar Levels?

dadon

Hey,
Has Peat mentioned anything about optimal blood sugar levels? The only quote in which he mentioned numbers was related to the resistance to allergy. I got a blood sugar measurement device because I feel my blood sugar is still somewhat unstable and I never know if it´s too high or too low.

Thanks!

OP
D

dadon

oh...I´m far beyond that. Today I tested twice: once after a sugary coffee and then once after a meal. The first time I had 140 mg/dl and then an hour after a meal I had 110-119 mg/dl somewhere. The second time I was already hungry again, but it seems to be quite high when compared to 70-110 range. I´ve been eating a Peat-inspired diet for many years. Should I worry about it? What do you think?

bipolarguy

I don't know Ray Peat's opinion of Metformin, but, aside from regulating blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes, it's a drug that's gaining much attention because of it's anti-aging properties at the cellular level. And this drug has been around since 1959 in Europe. Wasn't approved by the FDA for a couple of decades. It took them over ten years to approve lithium, though, again, it was in use in Europe since 1960. Hell, the FDA won't approve DHT gel, which urologists in Europe have been using to treat BPH.

Dr. Benjamin Rush, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, believed there should have been a guarantee of medical freedom entered into the Bill of Rights, because he sensed that someday, the medical profession would become a power unto itself and would dictate what treatments should be sanctioned. He was spot on, but we are a nation of rebels and those of us trying to attain health won't be stopped or intimidated.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Giraffe

I don't know Ray Peat's opinion of Metformin

RP: [...] if you look up metformin and lactic acid, you‘ll see, I don't know, there must be more than 100 articles warning about the production of lactic acidosis with this standard very common treatment. And, it works, where it works, partly by poisoning the mitochondria, so the cells are forced to produce lactic acid. And so it lowers the blood sugar by wasting the glucose, turning it to lactic acid. But it also has some other effects which accounts for why everyone doesn't die quickly from lactic acidosis; apparently it has some slightly protective anti-inflammatory effects.

Health and Diet - One Radio Network, 2014-01-01

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals