Optimal amount of cardiovascular exercise per day? 30 minutes? 60 minutes? More?

ReSTART

Thirty minutes of cardio per day seems to be the minimum amount recommended. Is that the sweet spot or is there a benefit to more?

scoobydoo

Depends on who you talk to. I would say that if you are staying below lactate threshold and staying in a strictly aerobic zone anywhere from 30-90 minutes seems to be where the most positive changes come from. Peter Attia talked in depth about this on a recent podcast he did. I think his podcast is called “The drive”. But he is also a keto proponent so obviously has different views than many on this forum

equipoise

Zero. If talking about high impact, low intensity cardio aka jogging. 8x60m sprints 2x a week are another story, definitely anabolic.

Palerider

Zero. If talking about high impact, low intensity cardio aka jogging. 8x60m sprints 2x a week are another story, definitely anabolic.
I can attest to this being the case. At age 48 using sprint protocol enabled me to pass very demanding work related endurance fitness tests without any problems. I can post more specifics if it would be of value to anyone.

jtoro

I can attest to this being the case. At age 48 using sprint protocol enabled me to pass very demanding work related endurance fitness tests without any problems. I can post more specifics if it would be of value to anyone.
Yes. Please post

Jessie

I do a long slow walk daily, about 5 miles. I don't think breathless exercise is good for the heart. I think it's best to limit the amount of CO2 you lose. Some jobs, like military, are naturally going to demand certain physical requirements, so you may not be able to exercise in a pro-metabolic way. But if you have choice, I'd recommend the slow stuff, nothing breathless. I've went months before without any cardio at all, basically sedentary. I just did pushups and stayed in shape. Pushups really are the perfect exercise. Just doing 5 sets of 20 daily will give you 100 pushups everyday. You won't gain bodyfat unless you're in a major surplus. There's no limit either, if 100 is too easy, do 200. If 100 is too hard, start out at 50.

I agree with what equipoise has stated. If you need to get out and about and move I suggest you stick to walking as walking has other benefits. Otherwise anabolic exercise is definitely the way to go.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals