Opinions On Modafinil/Provigil?

Amber

Got my hands on some Modafinil 10x200mg. Curious what everyone here thinks of it?

Kingpinguin

Got my hands on some Modafinil 10x200mg. Curious what everyone here thinks of it?

Seems interesting. Don’t think theres any major concerns about it. Its not a dopamine agonists or adrenaline agonist. Its a brain histamine booster. Histamine in the brain promote focus and wakefullness. Histamine does have some indirect dopamine boosting properties. I would like to try it. I just heard you should take it basically early in the morning. It works for a long time. So set an alarm like 7-8 in the morning. Take the pill. Go back to sleep and then you will wake up when it kicks in and you go on with your day like normally. Use it only when needed. Like a day you know you have stuff you want to accomplish. Start low dose.

redsun

Its a supplemental way of raising the effects of histamine in the brain. It will improve wakefulness/focus as the guy above already said. Will raise dopamine possibly noradrenaline but not enough noradrenaline increase to raise energy that much. So more motivation, productivity, focus but will not raise energy really much.

Last edited:

golder

Little bit concerned about taking histamine promoting substances, but really want to try this. I don’t suppose it would be a good idea to take my benadryl/Famotidine pre bed and then modafinil ok waking...my body won’t know if it’s coming or going?

milkboi

It‘s not a health promoting substance. Not in my experience at least. Might be fine to take once in a while if you are already in decent health.

OP
Amber

Amber

Little bit concerned about taking histamine promoting substances, but really want to try this. I don’t suppose it would be a good idea to take my benadryl/Famotidine pre bed and then modafinil ok waking...my body won’t know if it’s coming or going?

I took 200mg yesterday and today and i did seem to have a histamine reaction to it (facial flush).

did some research and it seems that it doesnt increase histamine much, only in extremely high (1000s) doses.

Definitely give it a shot if you can. Its an interesting nootropic and pretty cheap online. I paid €15 for 10x200mg

OP
Amber

Amber

It‘s not a health promoting substance. Not in my experience at least. Might be fine to take once in a while if you are already in decent health.

How did it make you feel?

golder

I took 200mg yesterday and today and i did seem to have a histamine reaction to it (facial flush).

did some research and it seems that it doesnt increase histamine much, only in extremely high (1000s) doses.

Definitely give it a shot if you can. Its an interesting nootropic and pretty cheap online. I paid €15 for 10x200mg

interesting. Only mild histamine increase yet people report profound concentration increases etc. I wonder what other systems modafinil is working on?

OP
Amber

Amber

interesting. Only mild histamine increase yet people report profound concentration increases etc. I wonder what other systems modafinil is working on?

This image explains it a little. I read some studies and 200mg modafinil appears to be almost as effective as ritalin for increasing dopamine levels by acting as a reuptake inhibitor. The wikipedia page has some good info on it: Modafinil - Wikipedia

Attachments

• 29C25279-863E-4061-8E27-F6855A0CF8E4.png
    29C25279-863E-4061-8E27-F6855A0CF8E4.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 139

golder

By the looks of that, it just ramps up everything, which isn’t necessarily that great. Albeit I think that’s obviously a massively overgeneralised diagram, ie we don’t know by what relative proportions. Histamine/seratonin/acetylcholine are all three things that Ray looks to limit/reduce.

golder

Does anyone know what would happen, or if it could be a potential problem, to take like 1mg or 1.5mg of cypro alongside modafinil? Hopefully just to get the dopamine reuptake effects and less of the histamine? I’m prone to rashes and allergies etc, so I’m really keen to minimise the histamine. Also, does anyone know if modafinil largely affects H1 or H2 receptors so I can gauge what antihistamine would work best. Thanks very much guys!

redsun

Does anyone know what would happen, or if it could be a potential problem, to take like 1mg or 1.5mg of cypro alongside modafinil? Hopefully just to get the dopamine reuptake effects and less of the histamine? I’m prone to rashes and allergies etc, so I’m really keen to minimise the histamine. Also, does anyone know if modafinil largely affects H1 or H2 receptors so I can gauge what antihistamine would work best. Thanks very much guys!

Its the dopamine reuptake inhibition that indirectly releases orexin and histamine so trying to block it will dampen the drugs effects and kind of defeats the purpose imo which is generally increased awareness and focus. Dopamine and histamine work together for combined effects such as motivation. Dont know if it affects certain H receptors more than others. Best thing to do is to try it without cypro and try it with cypro and see how you feel.

milkboi

How did it make you feel?

It can make me feel awesome, capable, the way I want to always feel. But when using it multiple days in a row I feel very run down, fatigued, my skin becomes affected by the increased histamine levels, sleep suffers etc...
But it’s still nice to have in your toolkit. Just know it can be counterproductive when trying to heal a chronic health condition.

Linbaba

It can make me feel awesome, capable, the way I want to always feel. But when using it multiple days in a row I feel very run down, fatigued, my skin becomes affected by the increased histamine levels, sleep suffers etc...
But it’s still nice to have in your toolkit. Just know it can be counterproductive when trying to heal a chronic health condition.

This is my experience too. Helped me a lot if I needed to get a lot of things done and focus for the next two days (a mild effect stays the day after, for me). However it also ruined my health by making me capable of "pushing through" more when in reality I should have been resting.

Another interesting observation I have of it from my pre-Peat days was when I took it while I was doing keto/superlow carb and under a lot of stress: little to no effect, only became more stressed.

pepsi

It certainly does work. I bought some online but I only take a half
a pill once in a great while, maybe once a month or every 2 months when
I am so rundown and have a lot to do. I have a job where I have to
focus and critically think for 8 hours straight and its very brain draining and stressful.
I want to sit and zone out after work or do something physical that
requires no brain usage. I try to use other things to keep the brain
healthy like thyroid, b vitamins, coffee, sugar, but when I feel I have
nothing left to give and theres a full days work ahead of me, then I will use modafinil to help me out.

Julles

I Would like to carefully try it. Whats the best place to buy it online? I am in West Europe.

milkboi

I Would like to carefully try it. Whats the best place to buy it online? I am in West Europe.
europechemist.com formerly known as mospharma. Has a good reputation and I myself have ordered successfully from them multiple times in the past

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals