Opinions/Guidance Requested On Doctor's Prescription And Antibiotics

Lenny

Hello everybody!

I would appreciate if somebody that has experience or knows a thing or two about antibiotics could help me out. Thank you for helping.

Problem:

Duo to digestion problems i'm experiencing mental issue's such as ADD and (sometimes) despression-like symptoms. I've started to become councious about them and am able to observe them apearing clearly. Overal it is pretty clear that my digestion causes them. From experimenting with fasting, coffee enema's and antibiotic foods I can confidently conclude it. Overal i'm feeling pretty good, not complaining. But I feel worse as the day goes on, the more food I eat. Basicly adrenaline and serotonin rise during the day. Tho anti-biotic foods are nice, they do not cut it for me. So I was going into the direction of anti-biotics, which I dont know much about yet.

My case:

This monday I saw a dermatologist regarding some cysts that are still present on my cheek. My acne is under control but it is still present and flare up's sometimes happen. The dermatologist wanted to prescribe me antibiotics to "fix" the inflamation. I told her that I was thinking about taking antibiotics myself and that I wanted to research this first before choosing if i'd take them and which brand I want. I'm not taking the dermatologist advice on antibiotics that greatly sinse she doest know the full picture of my body. But she does recommend specific antibiotics so I was wondering which one would be best.

Now this is where I can use advice. Should I take them, and if yes, which one?

I think im hitting 2 birds with one stone here. I think I can get health benifids from taking them, sinse most of my health problems are gut related (the others resulting from a brain concussion).

Things I wounder are:

Are antibiotics a long-term solution? Danny Roddy seems to speak highly of them.
Would it be best to take them for a few days (break - continue) or to take them continiously?
Would one course of antibiotics heal something, meaning that after the course digestion is improved?

Which type of antibiotics?

The dermatologist wanted to prescribe me tetra-cycline's. She recommended these:
doxycycline, minocycline and tetracycline.
I asked about penicillin and she said that it is anti bacterial and the recommended one's are anti-inflamatitory (which would be better for getting rid of the cysts). My thought was that sinse my inflamation comes from digestion, woulnd't it be better to take anti-bacterial antibiotics? Thoughts on this? I care more about the digestion and brain/mood related problems than the acne. I think fixing the one would also result in fixing the acne and therefore no specific "anti inflamitory" is needed. But I'm not educated on this.

Danny Roddy has Minocycline labeled as safe on his website.
pyramid.jpg

So I think that would be a good one.

I can't spent a lot of time each day researching because i'm recovering from a brain concussion. Light from a computerscreen is a huge stimulus. So I'd be happy if some people could sent info my way.

Thank you in advance for helping :)

Last edited:
Doxy has proved anti-inflammatory effects and it's a heavy metals chelator. Its a broad spectrum AB. I did long term doxy treatment that we finished with 2 weeks of mino. It has lasting effects.
Would it be best to take them for a few days (break - continue) or to take them continiously?
This regime is perfect solution to create bacterial resistance and **** yourself up. Don't do it. You absolutely have to take it continuously.

OP
Lenny

Lenny

Doxy has proved anti-inflammatory effects and it's a heavy metals chelator. Its a broad spectrum AB. I did long term doxy treatment that we finished with 2 weeks of mino. It has lasting effects.

This regime is perfect solution to create bacterial resistance and **** yourself up. Don't do it. You absolutely have to take it continuously.

Thank you for responding

OP
Lenny

Lenny

Thats good to know! Thank you for responding. Did you feel like doxy improved digestion? Why did you end with mino?

Thats good to know! Thank you for responding. Did you feel like doxy improved digestion? Why did you end with mino?
It was some experimental treatment we agreed with my dermatologist to see if mino after doxy can improve overall results.

IMG_20190909_174008629.jpg IMG_20190909_173834257.jpg

I will probably make a long lasting mino treatment in future. Like maybe 6 months of 200 mg of mino. But only in case if I can afford it, mino is 10 times more expensive here than doxy. 11 reals vs 100+ reals.

OP
Lenny

Lenny

Anyone else here that can give some tips?

SuperStressed

Ray peat says he takes them for 3 days at week long intervals