Operation Pangea IX, FDA Action Targeting Internet Vendors

keith

Just saw this: FDA targets unlawful internet sales of illegal prescription medicines during International Operation Pangea IX.

"Release
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, in partnership with international regulatory and law enforcement agencies, announced that it took action this week against 4,402 websites that illegally sell potentially dangerous, unapproved prescription drugs to U.S. consumers. This effort was part of Operation Pangea IX, the Ninth Annual International Internet Week of Action (IIWA), a global cooperative effort, led by INTERPOL, to combat the unlawful sale and distribution of illegal and potentially counterfeit medical products on the internet. "

“Preventing illegal internet sales of dangerous unapproved drugs is critical to protecting consumers’ health,” said George Karavetsos, director of the FDA’s Office of Criminal Investigations. “Operation Pangea IX demonstrates the FDA’s continuing commitment to stand united with our international partners to protect consumers in the United States and throughout the world from criminals who put profit above the health and safety of consumers.”

Hope it doesn't affect sites that are appropriately, even if not strictly legally, used. I know there are a lot of us who knowingly choose to experiment, and while I welcome them going after sites that mislabel products, I don't like them shutting down my choices of what I can or can't put into my own body.

Anyway, just thought this might be of some interest, so decided to share. Be safe, everyone.