Online Sources of Real Sourdough Bread/Pasta and Grass-Fed A2 Dairy with Animal Rennet - for US/Canada

Borz

Forum Supporter
I wanted to share these places for people living in the US/Canada (no affiliation with any of them):

Real Sourdough Breads and Pasta:
breadofheaven.com

Real Sourdough Pasta:
kaslosourdoughpasta.com

Grass-fed A2 Dairy (most cheeses are made with Animal Rennet):
millersbiofarm.com (all A2)
dutchmeadowsfarm.com (some A2)

Last edited:

joaquin

yes thank you

Kram

I haven't used it but this app (Shire) is supposed to be great for finding local, high quality food

This company makes their sourdough and their French bread with “starter”, their other breads they make with yeast.

Attachments

• B4BD5C70-6D6C-48AD-9A53-F3361DD8B89B.jpeg
    B4BD5C70-6D6C-48AD-9A53-F3361DD8B89B.jpeg
    502.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DF5C2A96-10A8-4E8E-94EA-ABA1C051E729.jpeg
    DF5C2A96-10A8-4E8E-94EA-ABA1C051E729.jpeg
    581.8 KB · Views: 28
I buy this pasta, made in Italy from an online Italian market linked below. It is incomparable to any pasta I have ever had. It cooks in one minute, and is so melt-in-the-mouth tender that I can imagine it is the easiest pasta to digest too. I didn’t care much for the mushroom pasta, as it was much tougher, but it was a way to get those “Peaty” mushrooms in anyway. I have gotten their made with only rennet cheeses there too! Shipping is free on $99+ orders, but not in refrigerated items.

Attachments

• AF885AF5-6B9E-40B0-9F06-E08E87A58F3F.jpeg
    AF885AF5-6B9E-40B0-9F06-E08E87A58F3F.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 06CFFB3C-0A74-43DF-83F0-361181256605.jpeg
    06CFFB3C-0A74-43DF-83F0-361181256605.jpeg
    750.9 KB · Views: 22
  • E0C361BE-B7B0-477E-8635-2AC2D363F7B2.png
    E0C361BE-B7B0-477E-8635-2AC2D363F7B2.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 24

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Has anyone here ever made their own sourdough from a starter culture?

OP
Borz

Borz

Forum Supporter
I asked both companies for how long they ferment their dough, here are their responses:

Bread of Heaven:
“Our sourdough is fermented with the long warm ferment for almost 3 days. We use this process to break down the gluten properly and we have lots of customers who can enjoy our real sourdough who cannot have other baked goods at all.”

Kaslo Sourdough Pasta:
“We have a two day fermentation process for our sourdough pastas. We use a European method of natural sourdough fermentation, so this gives the pastas a slightly creamy flavour however it does not have a very sour flavour (compared to the San Francisco method of fermentation).”

@Rinse & rePeat These are much longer than the 12 hour fermented one you shared, so should be even better.

Last edited:

Lollipop2

Has anyone here ever made their own sourdough from a starter culture?
Yes. I posted about it a few years ago on some thread. I used flour and water and fed it for like a few weeks until it became strong. Then fed it once a week. I used Organic all purpose Einkorn flour - was pretty yummy…

B5219C3D-609D-4472-B672-F85F2CBCCB89.jpeg

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes. I posted about it a few years ago on some thread. I used flour and water and fed it for like a few weeks until it became strong. Then fed it once a week. I used Organic all purpose Einkorn flour - was pretty yummy…

View attachment 36567
Awesome, thank you! I was trying to figure out if I should start this process before going on vacation. This is extremely helpful.

Lollipop2

Awesome, thank you! I was trying to figure out if I should start this process before going on vacation. This is extremely helpful.
It needs an everyday feeding in the beginning than a once a week. Another trick I did was feed it one or two consecutive nights before I planned on using it to make bread.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It needs an everyday feeding in the beginning than a once a week. Another trick I did was feed it one or two consecutive nights before I planned on using it to make bread.
Wonderful! Thanks for the tip!

mm33

Forum Supporter
I wanted to share these places for people living in the US/Canada (no affiliation with any of them):

Real Sourdough Breads and Pasta:
breadofheaven.com

Real Sourdough Pasta:
kaslosourdoughpasta.com

Grass-fed A2 Dairy (most cheeses are made with Animal Rennet):
millersbiofarm.com (all A2)
dutchmeadowsfarm.com (some A2)
Thanks so much czgr! I have a local source for sourdough bread but not pasta and I love pasta lol!

akgrrrl

I have baked with the same sourdough starter for 25 years.
Why would anyone keep purchasing bread products made with the same old Monsanto glysophate soaked or bromelated or bleached flours?!! We KNOW these make us sick, diabetic, arthritic or fat. Right alongside the pufa laden seed oils, flour and oils are what ails us. Sourdough is the answer. It can be as sour or not, as your taste decides. If your culture jar is too strong, pour it out save for a 1/4 cup, stir in equal amounts of pure water and your best choice flour, stir, cover with holes to release gas and put it back in the fridge. Miners and mushers left it frozen in their packs until a coupla hours before stopping to camp. Placed inside their coats to thaw and awaken, then fed with equal amts of flour and water, panbread or pancakes were fresh and protein packed meals.

Cow

How does the taste of sour dough pasta compare to regular pasta. I love capellini and have recently begun eating it again tossed with a tiny bit of butter and chopped tomatoes. Haven't had any issues.

OP
Borz

Borz

Forum Supporter
How does the taste of sour dough pasta compare to regular pasta. I love capellini and have recently begun eating it again tossed with a tiny bit of butter and chopped tomatoes. Haven't had any issues.
no difference in taste compared to regular pasta, no sour taste

freyasam

I have baked with the same sourdough starter for 25 years.
Why would anyone keep purchasing bread products made with the same old Monsanto glysophate soaked or bromelated or bleached flours?!! We KNOW these make us sick, diabetic, arthritic or fat. Right alongside the pufa laden seed oils, flour and oils are what ails us. Sourdough is the answer. It can be as sour or not, as your taste decides. If your culture jar is too strong, pour it out save for a 1/4 cup, stir in equal amounts of pure water and your best choice flour, stir, cover with holes to release gas and put it back in the fridge. Miners and mushers left it frozen in their packs until a coupla hours before stopping to camp. Placed inside their coats to thaw and awaken, then fed with equal amts of flour and water, panbread or pancakes were fresh and protein packed meals.
What kind of flour are you buying for your sourdough?
I've heard even organic flour is still sprayed with glyphosate. There's some legal loophole.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals