Onions And Testosterone?

schultz

I didn't read the study, just the article.

My guess based of what I read is that the onion juice is acting as an antibiotic and lowering endotoxin subsequently.

In chicks they give antibiotics to help with growth (and for other reasons). This study makes a case for replacing antibiotics with onion extract

"In conclusion, the onion extracts exerted a growth-promoting effect when added in White mini broiler diets, reflecting potential alternative substances to replace antibiotics."

This paper helps explain why endotoxin can lower testosterone and offers a few theories.

"Endotoxin is known to reduce testosterone production by the testis, both by direct inhibition of Leydig cell steroidogenic pathways and indirectly by reducing pituitary LH drive, thereby also leading to a decline in sperm production."

"Therefore we postulate that the male reproductive axis has evolved the capacity to lower testosterone production during times of infection and resulting endotoxin exposure, decreasing the immunosuppressive influence of testosterone, in turn enhancing the ability to fight infection. While this response is adaptive in times of sepsis, it becomes maladaptive in the setting of "non-infectious" obesity related metabolic endotoxaemia."

OP
vulture

vulture

Is there any lab humans available here? haha I'm already testing a lot of things together, don't wanna introduce a lot of variables and ending up with a useless puzzle as a experiment log...

theLaw

From the RPEE:
Alliums (garlic & onions)

Raw, they do have some germicidal effects, sometimes improving intestinal function. The effect depends on the nature of an individual's intestinal flora.

It's about as hard on the stomach as on the germs.

OP
vulture

vulture

I have to say that I cured my IBS-D with garlic enemas and eating yogurt+probiotics...and before doing them, as you would suppose, I tried a lot of things hahaha
My theory is that there was a crappy intestinal flora going on, garlic got in reverse and blasted a lot of the flora (maybe even good one) and probiotics repopulated the whole thing with better balanced bacteria

OP
vulture

vulture

Put the onion in the juicer and drink it all up (8)

squanch

I remember this being discussed on bodybuilding forums a while ago.
I don't think anyone actually continued to do it for long enough to notice any effects, because you will turn into a walking onion after a few days. Onion smell oozing out of every pore in your body.

OP
vulture

vulture

Bro, if it increases my testosterone at a 50% ratio and won't lose it all after stopping it, I think it's bearable for two weeks or even a month

squanch

Bro, if it increases my testosterone at a 50% ratio and won't lose it all after stopping it, I think it's bearable for two weeks or even a month
Honestly, I've been thinking about it in the past but talked myself out of it and never actually tried it. Won't be working for the next 2 weeks anyways, might as well try it and see what happens.
0,5 g per kg bodyweight doesn't sound that bad either, but I'm probably underestimating how disgusting drinking a shotglas of onion juice actually is.
Let's do it

OP
vulture

vulture

Great bro. All in the name of science! I would be glad to see your log!

squanch

paymanz

If it has anti bacterial effect and it lowers endotoxin, and if it has antioxidant, then it has antiinflammatory effects.

Tnf alpha shown to negatively affecting T levels.

It may explain one of mechanisms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals