Ongoing red rash under/around eyes

RosieRose

First time posting here as I’ve searched through the threads to find info. I am experiencing red spot like rash under and around my eyes. It comes and goes and I can’t seem to pinpoint what is causing it. Seems to get worse with heat and other excitatory elements like caffeine and chocolate but it’s still here after cutting those foods out. I’m currently taking aspirin for inflammation and niacinimide, beef liver for retinol and eat lots of raw dairy, eggs etc. Am I missing something? Occasionally I’ll take Benedryl which somewhat helps but know that’s more of a bandaid to the histamine issue if that’s what is cause this? I’m desperate. It’s extremely unpleasant.

Attachments

• 2991B610-3912-4251-B675-6A9BE6D1CFFF.jpeg
    2991B610-3912-4251-B675-6A9BE6D1CFFF.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 63729E00-9C13-4755-8E47-17E207131D16.jpeg
    63729E00-9C13-4755-8E47-17E207131D16.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 28

Peatful

OP
R

RosieRose

Thank you for that clarification. That was one of the diagnosis I was suspecting however, aside from taking antibiotics (which I don’t want to do) I’m not sure what else I can do to support it. I only use coconut oil on my skin so I know it’s not topical. There is a component of emotional stress which I’m doing my best to move through. Maybe addressing a type of candida in the body (although I don’t have other symptoms of candida elsewhere)? Would oregano oil be helpful? Or cascara?thank you kindly

L_C

First time posting here as I’ve searched through the threads to find info. I am experiencing red spot like rash under and around my eyes. It comes and goes and I can’t seem to pinpoint what is causing it. Seems to get worse with heat and other excitatory elements like caffeine and chocolate but it’s still here after cutting those foods out. I’m currently taking aspirin for inflammation and niacinimide, beef liver for retinol and eat lots of raw dairy, eggs etc. Am I missing something? Occasionally I’ll take Benedryl which somewhat helps but know that’s more of a bandaid to the histamine issue if that’s what is cause this? I’m desperate. It’s extremely unpleasant.
I would incorporate daily carrot salad with coconut oil, acv and salt. Pay attention how you respond to that. Hans once wrote how many diseases come from the gut. I would start there. Gut dysbiosis can cause secondary histamine reaction.

OP
R

RosieRose

I would incorporate daily carrot salad with coconut oil, acv and salt. Pay attention how you respond to that. Hans once wrote how many diseases come from the gut. I would start there. Gut dysbiosis can cause secondary histamine reaction.
That’s a great reminder. I was doing that for awhile and while it didn’t go away completely it was less. I’m wondering if cascara/emodin would be good as well?

Peatful

Thank you for that clarification. That was one of the diagnosis I was suspecting however, aside from taking antibiotics (which I don’t want to do) I’m not sure what else I can do to support it. I only use coconut oil on my skin so I know it’s not topical. There is a component of emotional stress which I’m doing my best to move through. Maybe addressing a type of candida in the body (although I don’t have other symptoms of candida elsewhere)? Would oregano oil be helpful? Or cascara?thank you kindly
Stress-> high cortisol.
High estrogen.
And undereating.
Those are the big three I would address.
Feel free to let us know what your diet looks like.
If cortisol is high- thyroid is usually low.

if blood sugar is low- it stresses your adrenals, and estrogen is usually high.
Many pregnant women get POD as a result.

im not the right person to recommend supplements. They seem to add to the chaos of the body more often than not.

OP
R

RosieRose

Stress-> high cortisol.
High estrogen.
And undereating.
Those are the big three I would address.
Feel free to let us know what your diet looks like.
If cortisol is high- thyroid is usually low.

if blood sugar is low- it stresses your adrenals, and estrogen is usually high.
Many pregnant women get POD as a result.

im not the right person to recommend supplements. They seem to add to the chaos of the body more often than not.
I not longer fast and have been eating 3 full meals with snacks in between for the past 1.5yrs. It’s usually pastured eggs, local bacon and fruit for breakfast, raw milk and oj with collagen for snacks, sometimes dates and lots of yogurt from a local farm here. Dinner is usually high quality animal protein and well cooked veg, lots of potatoes, sweet potatoes, zucchini’s and carrots. No raw or high goitrogenic veg.

I know my thyroid is low but getting better as I was vegan for 4 years and was fasting for 5 ??‍♀️ My temps aren’t as high as I’d like but I’ve gotten my pulse up to 75-80 from low 50s. I know I suffer from high cortisol and that’s where I’m struggling to support. I’ve recently cut out coffee (which I was only drinking after breakfast not on an empty stomach) hoping that will help. Aspirin seems to provide some relief.... also hot showers def make it worse so it seems to be high cortisol?

Peatful

No mention of ice cream or custard or coke or rice pudding or pumpkin pie or sweets like gummies etc.
You may simply need to eat more calories to get you out of the stress cycle. Especially if you’re active and or under other stressors.

Fasting, food restriction, under eating- although not talked a lot about here on the forum- really takes it toll.

Don’t answer this publicly but-
How is your relationship to food? How is your relationship to your body?

Adding to the above comment-A hx of restricted eating leads to weak digestion as well.

OP
R

RosieRose

No mention of ice cream or custard or coke or rice pudding or pumpkin pie or sweets like gummies etc.
You may simply need to eat more calories to get you out of the stress cycle. Especially if you’re active and or under other stressors.

Fasting, food restriction, under eating- although not talked a lot about here on the forum- really takes it toll.

Don’t answer this publicly but-
How is your relationship to food? How is your relationship to your body?

Adding to the above comment-A hx of restricted eating leads to weak digestion as well.
Oh I do eat ice cream!! Usually every other night :) and while I struggle to I always make sure to hit 2000 calories and I may just need to increase more. That’s the only part that feels stressful to me. Always trying to figure out what to eat ? seems like I eat every 3-4 hours but it can become burdensome at times. Especially when you eat more than your partner (6”2 male) and everyone around you. Other than that I love food and my body ... in good relationships there other than feeling like I’m taking care of a 15 yr old high school student that needs to eat 2 burgers at dinner instead of one lol. Do you know of a list somewhere I’d recommended foods? Eating the same foods over and over again also don’t help! Thank you :)

Peatful

Great.

My gut is simply up your calories.
But that may be my story inserted into yours.
Im a US size 6 and now eat about 2500 + kcal a day. Minimally active. Low stress lifestyle overall.

Bottom line:
Periocular derm is letting you know of a hormonal imbalance- be it cortisol, estrogen etc.
Usually stress driven.
You need your calories and nutrients to support the stress.

Here are some food ideas.

OP
R

RosieRose

Great.

My gut is simply up your calories.
But that may be my story inserted into yours.
Im a US size 6 and now eat about 2500 + kcal a day. Minimally active. Low stress lifestyle overall.

Bottom line:
Periocular derm is letting you know of a hormonal imbalance- be it cortisol, estrogen etc.
Usually stress driven.
You need your calories and nutrients to support the stress.

Here are some food ideas.

Wow. Thank you! I feel like I’m going on the right direction but it feels good to get confirmation. And I can’t wait to check out these links. Really, bless you for taking the time help!

I guess my last curiosity is that of red light and sun exposure. I’ve heard red light therapy can be helpful for it but to stay out of the sun directly on my face. Does that sound accurate? I don’t really mess with sunscreen but wondering if that would help? Trying to keep that area clean with only coconut oil topically for a face lotion. (Also I’m looking into other ways to manage stress other than walking and being in nature.) Thank you again ??

Peatful

The sun is wonderfully therapeutic and healing in my experience.
Just make sure you are fueled.
Being in the sun requires extra energy.

Don’t stress about the nuances.
Give yourself permission to eat heartily. And sleep well.

OP
R

RosieRose

The sun is wonderfully therapeutic and healing in my experience.
Just make sure you are fueled.
Being in the sun requires extra energy.

Don’t stress about the nuances.
Give yourself permission to eat heartily. And sleep well.
Beautifully said. Thank you!

OP
R

RosieRose

Did you get to the bottom of your eye rash RosieRose?
Yes! I found mold in my home (have since moved and started a mold-specific detox protocol). So I was suffering (and still am but to a lesser degree) from mold illness and mold toxicity. The rash had been an ongoing histamine reaction... So now I'm dealing with detox and histamine intolerance :)

Yes! I found mold in my home (have since moved and started a mold-specific detox protocol). So I was suffering (and still am but to a lesser degree) from mold illness and mold toxicity. The rash had been an ongoing histamine reaction... So now I'm dealing with detox and histamine intolerance :)
Oh wow! Where was the mold?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals