One Third Of US Adults Take Drugs That Cause Depression And Suicide

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think this study goes a long way towards explaining the rapid rise in depression and suicide rates over the last 2 decades. The public has only recently become aware of the epidemic due to high profile suicides of celebrities like Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, among others.
The fact that most cases of depression and suicide may be iatrogenic in nature matches well with another eecent study showing that prescription drug use (valid use, not abuse) is the leading cause of mortality in the US, surpassing the next several causes combined.
Malady mongers: How drug companies sell treatments by inventing diseases
"...“For example, estimates of the extent of harm in the United States published by the Institutes of Medicine in 2000, which at that time were considered so shocking as to be disbelieved by some authorities, have since been consistently eclipsed by new and more detailed analyses,” James said. “Recent studies show that harm caused by prescription drugs alone exceeds that which was previously thought to represent the total of health care-related harm from all causes.”

And keep in mind that this study purposefully did NOT include drugs prescribed for mental illness, such as SSRI, antipsychotics and other poison doled out like candy to even newborns. If those drugs are included in the list, it would probably put the majority of the US population at risk of depression/suicide. Note the prominent place drugs like PPI, estrogenic birth control, nitrate based heart drugs, and painkillers like acetaminophen (Tylenol) occupy on that list. We have multiples threads on the forum detailing the various risks these drugs pose, which absolutely dwarf any potential benefits they offer.
@aguilaroja

Prevalence of Use of Prescription Medication With Depression as a Potential Adverse Effect
One-third of US adults may unknowingly use medications that can cause depression | UIC Today
"...A new study from University of Illinois at Chicago researchers suggests that more than one-third of U.S. adults may be using prescription medications that have the potential to cause depression or increase the risk of suicide, and that because these medications are common and often have nothing to do with depression, patients and health care providers may be unaware of the risk. The researchers retrospectively analyzed medication use patterns of more than 26,000 adults from 2005 to 2014, which were collected as part of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. They found that more than 200 commonly used prescription drugs — including hormonal birth control medications, blood pressure and heart medications, proton pump inhibitors, antacids and painkillers — have depression or suicide listed as potential side effects."

benaoao

Wondering how much of an agenda mainstream medicine has, in order to scare people of the sun that hard. Keep people indoors, make them pop pills, leading to more pills. Beautiful combo.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
what causes "depression" ? low gaba ? low dopamine ?

Both can do it. Low GABA seems to be involved in bipolar disorder and acute mania, while low dopamine is more related to anhedonia and chronic depression. And of course, both are low in low metabolic states while excitatory mediators like cortisol, glutamate, and adrenaline are elevated.

Dobbler

People are driven to depression and panic by inducing fear, threat and stress and slaving them to feed the sickness of society.

I took a prescription drug called fenofibrate (that's the generic name) to lower my triglycerides. I became so depressed! Luckily I have enough sense to figure it out but I can see how so many people won't make the connection between their meds and depression. My father committed suicide while on Lyrica (yes, he was a Vietnam vet but he was fine until he was prescribed Lyrica).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
People are driven to depression and panic by inducing fear, threat and stress and slaving them to feed the sickness of society.

True, but it can also be drug induced by giving them benign-sounding drugs (e.g. anti-acid) that have horrible side effects and lead to depression by depleting magnesium and inhibiting neurosteroid synthesis. And of course, most of them cause cancer. What a "great" way to keep the medical system well-supplied...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I took a prescription drug called fenofibrate (that's the generic name) to lower my triglycerides. I became so depressed! Luckily I have enough sense to figure it out but I can see how so many people won't make the connection between their meds and depression. My father committed suicide while on Lyrica (yes, he was a Vietnam vet but he was fine until he was prescribed Lyrica).

Sorry to hear about your father. At least you managed to get away from the poison and now you know how things work in the medical system. Btw, niacinamide and biotin have been shown to lower trigs in humans. I posted some studies about this on the forum so you can find them if you search.

Sorry to hear about your father. At least you managed to get away from the poison and now you know how things work in the medical system. Btw, niacinamide and biotin have been shown to lower trigs in humans. I posted some studies about this on the forum so you can find them if you search.
Thank you haidut :)

JamesGatz

Thus past week I've walked past 6 DIFFERENT HOMELESS MEN smoking fentanyl

The first time I caught second-hand smoke I legit almost collapsed/ FACEPLANTED onto the ground and blacked out and used ALL OF MY ENERGY to catch myself and spirit away

TODAY I saw a drug deal occur for fentanyl occur BROAD DAYLIGHT across the street from my house

I've caught second hand smokz from other drugs (crack, heroin) and NOTHING HIT ME AS HARD as fentanyl - thats no joke

I've NEVER IN MY LIFE seen ANYONE in my neighborhood take drugs until this week and its ALL OVER - I'm watching this city fall apart in real time

THIS IS WHY I HATE DRUGS - I HATE THEM ALL - BIG CITIES ARE SODOM AND GAMORRAH, Good RIDDANCE when the NWO collapses this place

JamesGatz

There is something REALLY STRANGE going on man

Just went for a 15-minute walk in my neighborhood and saw about 10-15 people on FENTANYL (not even homeless people too)

I'm also seeing TONS of illegal immigrants

How is this possible?

Literally I've lived in this neighborhood 20+ YEARS and have never seen any person on drugs and in 2 weeks I'm seeing SO MANY people on hard drugs

It's VERY SAD and it blows my mind like actually I'm becoming reluctant to have a conversation with a stranger around here

HONESTLY, I would not be surprised if theres an agenda to FLOOD different neighborhoods with these types of drugs thats being kickstarted because there is NO WAY it happened this fast

Crazy times for sure man I'm glad I'm leaving this place