Ray Peat Interview One Radio Network - December 21, 2020

Lejeboca

RealNeat

much appreciated. i cant believe how many shows Patrick does with people. then again there is minimal editing and hes probably retired but still.

Mauritio

Awesome . Thank you!

Inaut

I really enjoyed this interview!

Using niacin topically for hair growth was an interesting comment made by Ray. Also liked the bit about vitamin D.

rr1

For anyone interested specifically in what @Inaut mentioned above regarding hair loss, here is a sort of transcript from my notes on the show.
  • Question: “I’ve been following your protocol and improved metabolism, so why am I still bald?”
    • The tissue once it's damaged has changed its structure and laid down a lot of collagen and fibre cells (fibrosis?).
    • So the examples of people who have gone from complete baldness to re-growing a good crop of hair, it has usually involved some kind of shock to the tissue that activates ...? processes that will actively clean out some of the fibrous tissue, probably massage would be the best bet to activate the cells. Also something like putting niacin(not niacinamide) on your scalp or something that causes a local inflammation(skin turns red). Creating this mild inflammation once healing takes place gets circulation back in to remove the fibrous tissue and let the stem cells that make hair recover.
    • Also make sure PTH is at the lower end of normal range (through adequate calcium and vitamin D [50ng/mL], and LOW phosphate). A high PTH turns down metabolism in your hair cell and directly causes hair to fall out.
    • Rubbing the scalp every day can work

@mrchibbs If you don't mind chiming in, would appreciate your thoughts on this!

Last edited:

powerlifter

I have seen the question "Why do I bloat in the evening?" in the website. But I have not heard in the interview. Have anyone heard it?

golder

For anyone interested specifically in what @Inaut mentioned above regarding hair loss, here is a sort of transcript from my notes on the show.
  • Question: “I’ve been following your protocol and improved metabolism, so why am I still bald?”
    • The tissue once it's damaged has changed its structure and laid down a lot of collagen and fibre cells (fibrosis?).
    • So the examples of people who have gone from complete baldness to re-growing a good crop of hair, it has usually involved some kind of shock to the tissue that activates ...? processes that will actively clean out some of the fibrous tissue, probably massage would be the best bet to activate the cells. Also something like putting niacin(not niacinamide) on your scalp or something that causes a local inflammation(skin turns red). Creating this mild inflammation once healing takes place gets circulation back in to remove the fibrous tissue and let the stem cells that make hair recover.
    • Also make sure PTH is at the lower end of normal range (through adequate calcium and vitamin D [50ng/mL], and LOW phosphate). A high PTH turns down metabolism in your hair cell and directly causes hair to fall out.
    • Rubbing the scalp every day can work

@mrchibbs If you don't mind chiming in, would appreciate your thoughts on this!
Very interesting. I wonder why niacin and not niacinamide for topical use? Georgis Solban has niacinamide in it but not niacin? I wonder if it’s worth dissolving a niacin tablet in it with the view of looking for some scalp regrowth?

gaze

I have seen the question "Why do I bloat in the evening?" in the website. But I have not heard in the interview. Have anyone heard it?

yea, it was toward the end. he said it's just reverse peristalsis (they had a discussion about it earlier), nighttime low blood sugar, higher endotoxin. basically increase fiber to keep bowels moving in the right direction, avoid irritating food, and also thyroid

Inaut

Very interesting. I wonder why niacin and not niacinamide for topical use? Georgis Solban has niacinamide in it but not niacin? I wonder if it’s worth dissolving a niacin tablet in it with the view of looking for some scalp regrowth?
niacin flush effects/local irritation would be the main difference between topical niacin and niacinamide i'd venture.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
When I was a child, my grandmother encouraged me to brush my hair "100 brush strokes per day". She still had beautiful hair in her 70's.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals