One pan Dish

Dutchie

Last couple of days I have to think of my grandma a lot and thinking back of the time I was a child,one of my favorite meals made by her is actually kinda Peat approved thinking of it and easy to make.

Ingredients:
Butter/Cocout Oil (I think for this dish butter tastes the best)
Leftover boiled/cooked potato
Onion
Carrot
Chopped Tomato
Green Beans
(Whatever veggie you like actually)
Preferred cheese of choice that can be sliced,my grandma always used Gouda but I imagine goats/sheep cheese tasting good also.

Basically she heated butter in a pan then threw in some veggies that were left (mainly onion,carrot,green beans,sliced tomato) and boiled leftover potato from the night before, sauteed them and then added lots of slices of cheese.
The cheese starts to melt and forms this chewing-gumlike-substance between all the veggies and then your meal is done.:) The leftovers can also be easily reheated again.

Birdie

I used to make this a lot last year. I'm sensitive to nightshades so had to leave out the tomatoes and potatoes. Mostly I used zucchini diced up. It is an easy way to cook up something delicious. And we can still do it Peat style.

OP
D

Dutchie

Birdie said:
I used to make this a lot last year. I'm sensitive to nightshades so had to leave out the tomatoes and potatoes. Mostly I used zucchini diced up. It is an easy way to cook up something delicious. And we can still do it Peat style.

What did you use next to the zucchini's and what cheese?:)

Birdie

Dutchie said:
Birdie said:

What did you use next to the zucchini's and what cheese?:)
I can't find many safe cheeses now. Today I found a havarti. The other one I have is an organic swiss cheese. I would grate the cheese over the top.
I should have said young zucchinis chopped. Toward the end of last year I was using white rice. Not now. I'd use sauteed onions. A garlic clove.

We don't eat much meat now. One thing I tried on Thanksgiving was masa flour to thicken my sauce. We had a small pot roast which is another similar dish. My husband had a boiled potato with butter. I had about 2 oz of white yam with butter.
:)

Attachments

• 2hx9kbk.jpg
    2hx9kbk.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 40
  • k2d5z5.jpg
    k2d5z5.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 2lnjwqh-1.jpg
    2lnjwqh-1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 548289_230677180371927_721587704_n.jpg
    548289_230677180371927_721587704_n.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 1147000_10201644290492491_1334523868_o.jpg
    1147000_10201644290492491_1334523868_o.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 40

mimi

Hey! This sounds really, really yummy. And so simple, too. I like! =)
My guess is that some peeled and diced apples or pears would work great in such a dish. I like the sweet & savoury combo! I used to love a simiar and also very simple dish my mom used to make from leftovers: just some cut up leftover dumplings, diced onions and apples fried in some butterfat in a pan and scrambled together with a few eggs. I guess I'm trying something similar soon, just with some leftover boiled potatoes instead of the dumplings and possibly some coconut oil instead of the butterfat. And lots of salt. Cinnamon actually tastes great with this combo as well...

OP
D

Dutchie

mimi said:
Hey! This sounds really, really yummy. And so simple, too. I like! =)
My guess is that some peeled and diced apples or pears would work great in such a dish. I like the sweet & savoury combo! I used to love a simiar and also very simple dish my mom used to make from leftovers: just some cut up leftover dumplings, diced onions and apples fried in some butterfat in a pan and scrambled together with a few eggs. I guess I'm trying something similar soon, just with some leftover boiled potatoes instead of the dumplings and possibly some coconut oil instead of the butterfat. And lots of salt. Cinnamon actually tastes great with this combo as well...

This week I had sauteed Lamb Liver,onions and apples with lots of cinnamon and some allspice. That tasted really great also.