Ondansetron

OP
K

kettlebell

Birdie said:
Kiran. Good thought.
I was eating sugar constantly tho and all the rest including supps.
My serotonin status when you take into account my serotonin habits and age might be so high that I reacted.
Some people get headaches, I became a headache.

Yes, I believe it would most definitely increase calorie and nutrient requirements. If your serotonin is very high and you suddenly reduce it significantly by using something like Ondansetron it would be like letting the handbrake off in a car.

All of a sudden a large part of the metabolism blocking hormone cascade is gone.

It took me by surprise. After taking some I remember very quickly getting warmer but rapidly burned off my reserves and then went cold. I hadn't kept up with the increased energy demand of a temporarily significantly less hindered metabolism and it resulted in a migraine.

The only reason I stopped was due to getting bunged up but I have heard cascara bark can help significantly with that.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Started back up Ondansetron today. Will report back results. 1mg in the morning, and 1mg in the evening. I think I actually felt a little bit of a "well being" feeling today but that went away as quick as it came.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Seems like I have clearer thinking today. Little bit calmer then usual. No foam in my urine this morning, so no stress hormones getting dumped. Slight headache this morning, not too bad though. Gonna push on.

I just read that my ondansetron has titanium dioxide in it. :(

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Stopping this experiment. Headache getting worse. And today around dinnertime I got really nauseous, feeling weird and just not a good feeling. Not sure if it was Ondansetron but I suspect it is.

nwo2012

Charlie, are you also using the toxic version? Aspartame will cause headaches etc, everyone stop using those wafers!
The version you want to get iis the injectable one but you still take it orally. No nasty excipients, the worst is citric acid. My eyesight is very sharp on ondansetron. Also it improved my milk tolerance. Definitely affects gut serotonin, I guess it does more than the stated receptors in the brain.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, I am using the toxic version. I dont know how to get the injectable version?

nwo2012

Charlie said:
Yes, I am using the toxic version. I dont know how to get the injectable version?

Cant you get the tablets rather than the wafers? That aspartame is the worst excipient I can imagine.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hmm, I actually got tablets I think. The only extra ingredient it list is titanium dioxide.

nwo2012

Charlie said:
Hmm, I actually got tablets I think. The only extra ingredient it list is titanium dioxide.

Ah well not so bad then. The others should steer well clear of the wafers.
I have never had any headaches from ondansetron. I tend to use it alongside a little cyproheptadine so not sure it that has anything to do with it. Try reducing the dosage, there is benefit at dosages lower than 1mg.

jyb

nwo2012 said:
Charlie said:

Ah well not so bad then. The others should steer well clear of the wafers.
I have never had any headaches from ondansetron. I tend to use it alongside a little cyproheptadine so not sure it that has anything to do with it. Try reducing the dosage, there is benefit at dosages lower than 1mg.

Is titanium dioxide really not so bad?

jyb

Well, sufficiently to commonly cause constipation and digestive issues - if that's indeed caused by Ondansetron reducing serotonin.

repeat

Great topic.
I'm new here, really interested in trying ondansetrone (ordered today actually).

Heres some thoughts already. I've tried some so called "antidepressants", and three of them had an interesting side effect/effect, and that was some constipation initially. Actually it wasnt really bad, rather it was welcomed in my case since I many times suffered from diarrhea. The meds was cymbalta, edronax and voxra(wellbutrin?). Never had that effect with ssri.
What I feel like is that .....
1)The noradrenaline/dopamine activity was initially overpowering the serotonin-activity and so causing this constipation.
2) The dopamine-activity also corresponds with gut-function, relaxation for example, and that noradrenaline has som kind of indirect effect here too (edronax)
3)There really should be some kind of "gap" here, that the serotonin-activity really disturbs the function of the dopamine-activity, and that there is some kind of link between signalling and function going on here.

Could it be that ondansetron (or any serotin lowering agent or general lowering) makes dopamine function better, as a general rule?

repeat

chris said:
Came across this,

We conclude that 5-HT3 receptor blockers such as tropisetron and ondansetron and the antihistamine cetirizine do not sufficiently reduce serotonin- and histamine-induced itching in haemodialyis patients.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15140020

Any thoughts?

Well, as I understand it, ondansetron doesn't stop the serotonin activity on other receptors for example, and maybe most important, not really lowering the serotonin at all, just stopping some of its action. I don't get if the itching is all about that specific receptor neither.
That's my cent.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals