On The Evolution Of Humans And Hydration - Water

anyfit

On the evolution of humans and hydration

Many of us take drinking water for granted, it seems like it is a normal and natural thing to do, a glass of plain water with our meal, or just whenever we are thirsty.

But was it always our go to form of hydration even before the rise of civilization and the "domestication" of water, as in the building of wells and the learning of filtering techniques for cleaning water and making it a source for most of our hydration needs.

“If Lost,Follow Water; It Will Lead to Civilization

This is one of the most important rules you get thought in nature survival, and the truth is it doesn’t only apply for when you are lost. But also for when you just want to find the source of civilization.

Perhaps the two biggest contribution of the domestication of water to the forming of civilizations is the ability to carry it from place to place and giving humans the ability to use agriculture in much bigger scales and the ability to carry water with us and travel long distances, giving us the ability to explore, scavenge and find new resources thus increasing the possibilities of advancing the technologies of these civilizations.

However, despite the huge impact of the domestication of water on our life, is drinking plain water really as good as we think for our bodies?

In ray peats work he did mention the bad effects of drinking water, and especially its effects on the stress hormones and prolactin.

"It is well established that increased water (hypotonicity) stimulates prolactin, and increased sodium inhibits its secretion."

If we look at bonobos, the most genetically close animal to humans, they rarely ever drink water, and instead they get most of their hydration from their main source of food, fruits.

I could go on and on about this topic but instead I want to ask you, how do you feel about it, what are your experiences with drinking high amounts of water, and do you feel more healthy and wholesome when you get most of your hydration from fruits or water infused in other foods?

vulture

When I drink 1+ L of milk a day, some OJ and fruits I rarely get thirsty, maybe I would drink 1 or 2 glasses of water a day.

Hazarlar

I used to drink lot of water before I started to implement Peat related knowledge in my nutrition. I just grew out of it naturally, somehow after 6 months or so. I think you should drink when you are thirsty but now I am really interested in short-period dry fasting and its possible positive effects. As an introduction to this I don't drink at the morning in the weekends, because actually I don't want to drink. Drinking something as a first thing in the morning is a program that I meditate upon. And many times I don't drink long time (few hours) after eating.

I just want to add that many other animals have most of their water from food.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals