OMG; The Price Of Peat

jaywills

Anybody seen the current price of Peats work?!

Pains me to think somebody is hijacking his work and monopolizing the supply.

Is this book available anywhere else online? looking to get access but as good as I think Peat is, this takes investing in your health to a whole new extreme!

Last edited by a moderator:

tankasnowgod

Pains me to think somebody is hijacking his work and monopolizing the supply.

Does it pain you to think that people would ask thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, for rare stamps?

Does it pain you that some original printing of comics books sell in the tens of thousands?

Does it pain you that classic cars can be sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Kartoffel

I'll be extra careful to keep my complete collection of his books in perfect condition. Maybe I will be able to sell them together for ten times that amount in a few decades.

OP
J

jaywills

Thanks for the responses guys and for providing the link @foodandtheworld.

@tankasnowgod - Interesting point; "pains me to think" refers specifically to the finances that Peat will not receive if someone is to go ahead and purchase (despite it being his work and research).

So no it doesn't pain me thinking of your examples.

Kartoffel

@tankasnowgod - Interesting point; "pains me to think" refers specifically to the finances that Peat will not receive if someone is to go ahead and purchase (despite it being his work and research).

Well, his books are out of print, and it doesn't seem like he is overly eager to get new copies to sell.

Kartoffel

Does not being motivated by money make you not deserved of it?

No, that's not what I meant. It's just that he doesn't loose any potential income because any potential buyer doesn't even have the alternative to buy from him directly since he hasn't printed any new copies.

tankasnowgod

Well, he's not selling those books anymore, so I don't think he's concerned about the money. I don't see how this is different than any other used marketplace. Should a builder get royalties every time someone sells a house he built? It's really no different. It IS different if someone reprints without permission.

Anyway, that's just the current list price, would not doubt that it will fluctuate dramatically, likely downwards. Unless there is an uber rich follower of Peat out there, collecting all his work.

Hairfedup

Dr. B

Well, he's not selling those books anymore, so I don't think he's concerned about the money. I don't see how this is different than any other used marketplace. Should a builder get royalties every time someone sells a house he built? It's really no different. It IS different if someone reprints without permission.

Anyway, that's just the current list price, would not doubt that it will fluctuate dramatically, likely downwards. Unless there is an uber rich follower of Peat out there, collecting all his work.

i looked at the link but theres no longer a price shown, im curious how expensive it was!
Also I think Peat is okay with people quoting/copying his work. Also i feel the piracy and patent laws are just private companies using the government/legal system to create artificially drive up prices of products... like whether its supplements, animals, cars, music, shoes, video games, books, movies, etc, I think anyone should be able to clone and sell whatever product they please as long as there is no fraud involved. If you have the technology available to clone or recreate or reuse something it should be your choice to do so. its up to the creator of the object in question to create something which cant be copied by others (or, I guess, force anyone buying their product to agree not to copy or recreate the product).
most of the time the reprinted/recreated copy wont be the same as the original anyway. but imo these patent and copyright type laws are used to artificially inflate prices of products. Plus, the original creator of any product will by default get the "first movers" advantage. like the first person to make nutella, or the first person to make a car, would automatically have a few month, weeks, or years time period where their product is selling very well while competitors are working to recreate their version of the same product.

lampofred

Just use the online versions and send him the price of the books as a donation via his PayPal.