Omega 6/Omega 3

Watson350

A higher ratio of Omega 6/Omega 3 improved my hair quality quite noticeably a few years ago and then I read about peating and I stopped. Anyone wonder why this may have been the case?

abruzzi

This is my first post. I stumbled up this method and began to read up on it. I've been doing low card (even no carb) since about January and I dropped 5 notches on the belt.

Just when I thought I had eating healthy (er) down, I stumble across this information.

And, now I am officially confused. I have no idea what I can eat or drink, LOL.

so, all the Omegas, including, for example 6 and 9 are technically PUFA, right?

So, for example, I like to sometimes have decaffeinated espresso just as a change of pace. It apparently has 27 mg of omega 6.

So, since it is a PUFA, I'm ideally suppose to avoid it.

Is that correct?

Like I haven't eaten breakfast yet and I'm looking in the fridge and I'm asking myself, what the heck am I suppose to eat. So, I have some Shamrock Farms whole milk cottage cheese in the fridge and it has about 5 kinds of gums in it and I think I read you're not suppose to eat products with gums.

Then I decided to have some coffee and thought I'd add some Organic Valley whipping cream. I look at the ingredient list and it has Gellan Gum.

So, I said, wouldn't it be better to do the Bullet Proof coffee deal of using Irish butter and some MCT oil. But, wait, that's Keto and I intent to have some fruit later..

UGH.... I need a easy to understand (skip the scientific stuff because I don't care) source that says you can eat this, but not this.