Omega-6 Linoleic Acid Suppresses Thyroid Signaling

J

j.

This is actually a blog post which links to a lot of studies

Omega-6 Linoleic Acid Suppresses Thyroid Signaling

Some of the studies:

The effect of essential fatty acid deficiency on basal respiration and function of liver mitochondria in rats.

Effects of Diet Composition on Serum Levels of Insulin, Thyroxine, Triiodothyronine, Growth Hormone, and Corticosterone in Rats

The influence of diet on the lipogenic response to thyroxine in rat liver.

Inhibition of triiodothyronine's induction of rat liver lipogenic enzymes by dietary fat

Triiodothyronine-dietary interrelationships in the modulation of brown adipose tissue and liver lipogenesis in the rat

juanitacarlos

j, that website you link to has been hijacked (sorry, don't know the correct term) and leads to some other page.

I would be very interested in those studies. I've wondered about PUFA affecting thyroid signalling as I have been on some very high doses of thyroxine and currently NDT, and have never shown one symptom of hyperthyroidism.

4peatssake

ttramone said:
j, that website you link to has been hijacked (sorry, don't know the correct term) and leads to some other page.

I would be very interested in those studies. I've wondered about PUFA affecting thyroid signalling as I have been on some very high doses of thyroxine and currently NDT, and have never shown one symptom of hyperthyroidism.

I had the same thing happen to me then I fiddle around and got it to open to the blog.

I tested this and this worked the second time and third time I opened it, once with firefox and once with explorer. I also scanned for viruses and it came up clean.

http://wholehealthsourcee.blogspot.ca/2008/12/omega-6-linoleic-acid-suppresses.html

4peatssake

4peatssake said:
ttramone said:

I had the same thing happen to me then I fiddle around and got it to open to the blog.

I tested this and this worked the second time and third time I opened it, once with firefox and once with explorer. I also scanned for viruses and it came up clean.

http://wholehealthsourcee.blogspot.ca/2008/12/omega-6-linoleic-acid-suppresses.html

whoops, sorry bout that...here's it linked.

4peatssake

OK so I blame the investigative journalist in me. :roll:

Here is the guy's actual website.

http://www.wholehealthsource.org/

Interestingly, he has removed from his website - the particular blog post j. cites where he talks about RP and mentions that he is right, even though he criticizes RP's references! ;)

To see that, just compare the article entries in December 2008 at the website and on the earlier link I sent.

I didn't go through much else, just enough to glean that much info.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hans Why Omega 3 should be avoided and what to use/do instead Articles & Scientific Studies 20
Doludolu Anti-Peat OMEGA 3s health effects | Quality of the supplement | Method of delivery Debate - Anti-Peat 5
Doludolu OMEGA 3 health effects | Differences in quality of supplement | Method of delivery Health 2
Hans Omega 3 can promote fat gain by inhibiting brown fat synthesis Scientific Studies 12
A PUFA (omega-7 Unsaturated Fatty Acids) Cause Of 'old People Smell' Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 3
Doludolu Omega 3 Controversy Diet 20
Mito Effect Of High-Dose Omega-3 On Major Adverse Cardiovascular Events Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 0
DANIEL Peat Wrong About EFA Deficiency, Omega 3s Skin 69
B Anti-Peat Effect Of Omega-3 Dosage On Cardiovascular Outcomes Debate - Anti-Peat 16
R Omega 3 Eggs -vitamin E? Ask For Help or Advice 5
maillol Omega-6 Vegetable Oils As A Driver Of Coronary Heart Disease Scientific Studies 1
N Omega 3 Depletion In Liver Promotes Fatty Liver Articles & Scientific Studies 5
R What Are Your Thoughts On Omega 3s? Health 52
L Erucic Acid: The Omega-9 Fatty Acid Bad Enough To Scare Even Vegetable Oil Growers? Diet 1
S Omega-3 Fatty Acids Stimulate Adipogenesis (Increase In Fat Cells) Diet 0
Mito Omega-3 Shows Protection Against Heart Disease-related Death, Without Prostate Cancer Risk Articles & Scientific Studies 2
Mito Omega-6 Apocalypse Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 24
S Study Inadvertently Shows That Omega-3 Fats Increase Intracellular Reactive Oxygen Species Diet 9
Lokzo Omega-3 Decreases D1 And D2 Receptors Expression In The Prefrontal Cortex - PUBMED 2019 Scientific Studies 2
Hans Omega 3 Supplementation Impairs Anti‐oxidant High‐density Lipoprotein Function Scientific Studies 0
Hans Saturated Fat Diet Lowers Fasting Insulin And Can Aid With Fat Loss. Omega 6 Is Opposite Scientific Studies 1
Beefcake Anti-Peat Omega 3 Replaces Omega 6 And Lowers Prostaglandin Synthesis Debate - Anti-Peat 166
T Pregnancy, Omega-3/DHA/Fish Oil, Child Development Diet 14
Jam Hello, And: "Omega-6 Fatty Acids: The Alternative Hypothesis For Diseases Of Civilization" Meet & Greet 0
Mito Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplements Do Not Prevent Cancer Or CVD Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Hans Omega 3 Reduces Myogenesis And Promotes Adipogenesis Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 2
E Results Of Big Omega 3 Study On Heart Scientific Studies 4
W Omega 6/Omega 3 Hair & Nails 2
M Is Omega-3 Fish Oil Bad? Ask For Help or Advice 94
alex00 Question Omega 3 6 Diet 4
Eric Yim Omega 6 Fatty Acids Good For Muscle Growth, Recovery, And Repair? Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 0
N Omega 6 And Serotonin Ask For Help or Advice 2
haidut The Protein In Fish, Not Omega-3, May Be Protective Against Brain Disease Scientific Studies 15
T Omega 3 Fish Oil Injection Saves Brain Cells In Mice W/ Stroke Ask For Help or Advice 2
T Omega-3 Deficiency In Psychiatric Disease, Fish Oil Opinions? Ask For Help or Advice 41
T Are These Omega 3 Levels Safe? Health 21
S Omega 3 Vs Omega 6 (PUFA) Fats 13
Nestito Omega-3 Fatty Acids Fight Inflammation Via Cannabinoids ? Science 17
P Omega 7's Antiinflammatory Action On Ulcerative Colitis Patients Articles & Scientific Studies 2
haidut Omega-3 (DHA, EPA) Degrades The Androgen Receptor Scientific Studies 7
P Diabetogenic Impact Of Long-chain Omega-3 Fatty Acids On Pancreatic Beta-cell Function And The Regul Articles & Scientific Studies 2
taesch Omega-3 Benefits NAFLD? Scientific Studies 7
A Alpha-Linolenic Acid: An Omega-3 Fatty Acid With Neuroprotective Properties Articles & Scientific Studies 11
DaveFoster Omega-3 Fatty Acids Do Not Prevent Heart Disease Scientific Studies 14
N Low Omega 3 Blood Test Result- A Good Thing? Ask For Help or Advice 4
absolutelypure Are Omega 3s Bad For The Skin? Skin 8
Mmmaurshmallows 20 Years Depersonalized. And Now Dementia From Omega 3s, Etc! Mmmaurshmallows 39
H Effect Of Flax Seed - Omega 3 Feeding During Lactation Scientific Studies 5
S Why is there an omega 3 "deficiency" in autistic children? Children 24
E Omega-3 Fatty Acids Inhibit NLRP3 Articles & Scientific Studies 19