Omega-6 Apocalypse

Ella

Forum Supporter
Thanks for posting @Mito. I watched his presentation (was going to post - you beat me to it) and was blown away, even though I have known PUFAs to be toxic for > 30 years. Excellent research (the best presentation I have seen) in correlating the consumption of PUFAs with the exponential growth in disease conditions. The fact macular degeneration was unheard off and now rampant, smacks you in the face. Those individuals who still believe PUFAs are inconsequential need to watch. We are all walking around with these stored oils. We are encouraged to lose weight but the consequences of doing so, are dire, as unfortunately I am finding out for myself.

Vinny

We are encouraged to lose weight but the consequences of doing so, are dire, as unfortunately I am finding out for myself.
What are you finding out, Ella, if ure willing to share....? Thanks

He offered no solutions. Almost a great presentation. Almost!
The solution is implied: reducing PUFA consumption.

It's nice that he doesn't bash carbs.

GorillaHead

The solution is implied: reducing PUFA consumption.

It's nice that he doesn't bash carbs.

reducing pufa consumption isnt necessarily a great solution. For many that’s not the best solution. I want way to counteract the damage. I honestly think his presentation on omega 6 is good but it’s mainly all based on correlation. I wouldn’t be surprised if lack of fruit consumption has any correlation with the timelines he used.

reducing pufa consumption isnt necessarily a great solution. For many that’s not the best solution. I want way to counteract the damage. I honestly think his presentation on omega 6 is good but it’s mainly all based on correlation. I wouldn’t be surprised if lack of fruit consumption has any correlation with the timelines he used.
Why is it not a great solution? Instead of doing damage control, you can cut the problem at the roots.

I think it's well established that PUFAs aren't good for weight, eyes, liver, muscle, etc. Fruit probably won't help with that, especially since the fiber can cause damage and the PUFA will amplify it greatly.
A Must-read PUFA Primer

OP
Mito

Mito

9E32EA0C-6266-40F9-B61B-326D0C458633.jpeg

Ella

Forum Supporter
What are you finding out, Ella, if ure willing to share....? Thanks

@Vinny I am still trying to come to terms with my predicament and make sense of what happened to me. I have been in such a weakened state and have not been coherent to even to help myself. I truly thought I was dying. I will detail my experience under Women's Issues now I'm feeling 100% better. There may be pearls for males. As Dr Peat warns any substance is toxic in a hypothyroid state. The biggest lesson for me was making the wrong judgement as to the underlying problem. I don't want to hijack this discussion but as @Mito points out, an increase in a highly reactive molecule such as unsaturated oils (2.2g/day to 18 g/day) and their influence on generation after generation is going to result in dire consequences.

There exists ample research showing PUFAs to be deleterious. Processed foods. restaurant and takeaway foods are laden with them. The general population is drowning in them. I grew up on margarine and foods fried in toxic vegetable oils. We didn't know then that these were toxic. We do know now. The solution is to get them out of your diet. Dr Peat advocates < 2 g/day which is pretty close to what they were eating back in 1865.

burtlancast

He did absolutely nothing to disprove the lie of the omegas 3 and 6 being essential.

Another Chris Masterjohn attempt at controlled opposition, minus the "master" mind-bender gimmick.

He did absolutely nothing to disprove the lie of the omegas 3 and 6 being essential.

Another Chris Masterjohn, minus the "master" mind-bender gimmick.
He already said that carbs aren't a problem. If he mentions that PUFA aren't essential, then the audience may think he's insane.

burtlancast

He already said that carbs aren't a problem. If he mentions that PUFA aren't essential, then the audience may think he's insane.

What he's actually doing is cleverly toeing the "cholesterol causes heart disease" line the Statin industry has been fraudulently pushing for the last 50 years.

He's going to push for more omegas 3 consumption just like they did.

But he's keeping quiet about it.

What he's actually doing is cleverly toeing the "cholesterol causes heart disease" line the Statin industry has been fraudulently pushing for the last 50 years.

He's going to push for more omegas 3 consumption just like they did.

But he's keeping quiet about it.
At 24:22, he shows a slide in which omega- 3's are presented favorably( anti- inflammatory, anti- clotting). He talked so briefly about it that I didn't even notice it.

That's disappointing.

Kunstruct

I know people with very low PUFA consumption for years but have massive issues like hyperprolactinemia, which is an actual serious issue compared to the people who most of the time have very good levels of Prolactine yet they want Zero prolactine because that would give them "next level health".

Of course we like to isolate ourselves as much as we can and ignore always what is going on around us and ask for a recipe.

This is one of the reason which on this forum people tend to get stunned if someone has issues and asks for help while having good thyroid, no PUFA consumption, decent amount of calories consumed.

Ella

Forum Supporter
@Vinny, so sorry to hear :therethere Antibiotics rescued me. Felt instantly better. I suffered waaay too long and shame on me, with my microbiology background. I was fixated on it being an estrogen problem, a post-menopausal problem, a female problem, a cortisol problem, an adrenaline problem, a thyroid problem. I ventured down every rabbit hole and felt so stupid in discovering it was an infectious problem. Naturally cortisol, adrenaline, estrogen and every other energy zapping molecule is going to be high during a highly inflammatory process.

Have you checked albumin? Kidney function? I was shocked to find how low my albumin had gone. Will check out your posts and see what I can offer. My advice, go see a dr. I know its freakin frustrating dealing with the profession and believe me I have had some pretty nasty experiences. I just can't learn to keep my mouth shut when they don't know their stuff. They may be the dr but it's my body and they are not the boss of me. I do try extremely hard not to upset them.

So what is the connection of a bacterial infection to free fatty acids? I will discuss when I post my journey through these uncharted waters.
@Vinny, hope you find your way out of the quagmire and feel better soon. I thought I never would. I am not there yet but 100% better than when I was at my lowest.​

yerrag

This is one of the reason which on this forum people tend to get stunned if someone has issues and asks for help while having good thyroid, no PUFA consumption, decent amount of calories consumed.
Yes, people are stunned. Metabolic health doesn't ensure total health. But it's a lot better than not having it. And it doesn't negate the idea that PUFAs are bad. Metabolic health does not preclude being exposed to infection nor to toxins.

But having good metabolic health still makes one able to withstand such insults. Its one less box to check off, and it leaves one to focus on specific areas rather than walk aimlessly in a desert.

And you're like a directionless wanderer for saying that.

My metabolic health is good, and yet I'm just as clueless as to fix my high blood pressure levels, but at the very least I'm now focused on the role of endotoxins in my condition. My plate is full. I'm glad there's only one.

Last edited:

Vinny

@Vinny, so sorry to hear :therethere Antibiotics rescued me. Felt instantly better. I suffered waaay too long and shame on me, with my microbiology background. I was fixated on it being an estrogen problem, a post-menopausal problem, a female problem, a cortisol problem, an adrenaline problem, a thyroid problem. I ventured down every rabbit hole and felt so stupid in discovering it was an infectious problem. Naturally cortisol, adrenaline, estrogen and every other energy zapping molecule is going to be high during a highly inflammatory process.

Have you checked albumin? Kidney function? I was shocked to find how low my albumin had gone. Will check out your posts and see what I can offer. My advice, go see a dr. I know its freakin frustrating dealing with the profession and believe me I have had some pretty nasty experiences. I just can't learn to keep my mouth shut when they don't know their stuff. They may be the dr but it's my body and they are not the boss of me. I do try extremely hard not to upset them.

So what is the connection of a bacterial infection to free fatty acids? I will discuss when I post my journey through these uncharted waters.
@Vinny, hope you find your way out of the quagmire and feel better soon. I thought I never would. I am not there yet but 100% better than when I was at my lowest.​
Ella, yes, I checked my kidneys.... more than once. It`s going to become a whole thread if describing, so I`ll spare you that. Long story short, the nephrologist couldn`t find an obvious pathology, however, albumin, according my knowledge, was never tested. I don`t even know what is albumin and what its levels suggest, so I`ll need to read about that. One way or another, foamy urine is still an issue, have no idea the cause yet. Will check for albumin if the test is affordable for my pocket.

Doctors.... oh boy... nope. Been there, done that. This would be another thread, even a book, so I`ll spare you that too.

I`m interested in antibiotics as well, took some Doxycycline recently. It completely eradicated my acne, but it gave me a pebble stool. No bueno, so, sadly, had to stop it. Acne came back.

I`d like to know about the connection of a bacterial infection to free fatty acids, so alarm me when you post about it.

I`ve got a log, haven`t been updating it recently, but most of my history and symptoms are there, if you have time and want to have a look (in "logs").

My main goal is going to to start asap PUFA elimination diet, because one thing is sure - I`ve ingested TONS of it.

Thank you for your attention, Ella!

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals