Omega 3 Replaces Omega 6 And Lowers Prostaglandin Synthesis

Kartoffel

What a loser comment I obviously already did use pubmed to prove my point.

You haven't proven anything, you are just regurgitating old nonsense that has been discused over and over again. If you can't find studies showing that PUFA, and especially fishoil, decrease lifespan, promote fibrosis, cirrhosis, etc, than maybe you aren't able to use pubmed, or google for that matter.

ShotTrue

So right now I am not sure what effect it has on testerone, as Beefcake says the male studies/rat studies show some benefit.
So you're saying don't take a high quality omega 3 oil? But to eat real fish?

As an aside, I still believe it may be immunosuppressive which is a dangerous problem. Though I haven't looked into it myself

ShotTrue

You haven't proven anything, you are just regurgitating old nonsense that has been discused over and over again. If you can't find studies showing that PUFA, and especially fishoil, decrease lifespan, promote fibrosis, cirrhosis, etc, than maybe you aren't able to use pubmed, or google for that matter.
I just google searched it/pubmed and did see the same info on it increasing test in rats or increasing sperm motility in men.

OP
Beefcake

Beefcake

Looks like it was the PCOS study. I remember taking some krill oil and having brain fog, which led me to finding that study.

If you look at all other studies it should have testosterone boosting effects.
In mice it raises testosterone significantly
In humans it improves sperm parameters
It increases thyroid responsiveness and merabolism
It increases brain dopamine dramatically
It reduces prostaglandin and inflammation.

Im not saying to take fish oil or krill oil supps coz I still think they can go rancid but excluding fish from your diet once in awhile seems counterproductive. Reducing testosterone in pcos women is beneficial and is completely normal. Eat as fresh fish & seafood as possible.

OP
Beefcake

Beefcake

No opposite frankly. I’m being observational. You follow the advice of ray without having seen any studies on it. It’s just a claim that since its a PUFA its not beneficial due to oxidation. I can understand that. But hey iron is completely non beneficial? Without iron you be fuc ked dude. And its most potent oxidant. Why not the same with this. Im not saying to chug fish oil. But if you look at the research and stop being ignorant you might start to hesitate aswell.

Anecdotally, our dogs were given fish oil liberally and died from cancer. Cancer takes 20 years to develop quite often, says Dr. Peat, and as usual I believe him.

Omega 3 is so unstable that fish oil capsules go rancid sitting on the counter. The only reason for favorable studies is that it temporarily suppresses the immune system, down regulating some of the evil effects of omega 6.

Being on this forum, most of us are beyond believing that fish oil is good for us, or at least I thought so.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@Beefcake - I hope you are not trolling. Did you do any search on this forum or read any of Peat's articles before posing these things? You ask for evidence showing omega-3 is harmful and it is easily available by a simple search on this forum or Peat's website. In fact, some of the relevant threads show up at the very bottom of the screen as "similar threads". Did you not see those before asking for evidence, or even while posting this thread? How many times are we going to go through this "well, hhmmm, not really sure Peat is right on this PUFA thing...". If you do the homework the answer will be clear. Btw, have you also heard of "yellow fat disease"? Google it please. It happens precisely when you eat fatty fish regularly. No need to take rancid supplements. Perfectly inducible by regularly eating fresh, non-rancid, fatty fish.
Pansteatitis - Wikipedia
Fish oil-induced yellow fat disease in rats. I. Histological changes. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Yellow fat disease was induced in young rats given a vitamin E-deficient diet supplemented with 15% fish oil. The changes in adipose tissue of this oil-induced disorder were different from those of natural yellow fat disease in horse, pig and mink. In the natural disease all fat depots had the early stage of yellow fat disease with interstitial lipofuscin-laden macrophages exclusively. In the rat, however, this change was seen only in the subcutaneous fat depot. Moreover, affected adipose tissue of animals with natural disease had extensive fibrosis, but in the rat fibrosis was always absent. Rats with fish oil-induced yellow fat disease had degenerative changes in various fat depots that occurred at various times but in the horse, pig and mink fat depots were affected simultaneously. Lipofuscin accumulated in the reticuloendothelial system in rats. Accumulation in spleen and liver was dependent on vitamin E deficiency, but only the accumulation in the Kupffer cells was correlated with yellow fat disease. Lipofuscin accumulation in the mesenteric lymph node did not depend on vitamin E deficiency."

Anyways, here is just a TINY portion of the extensive evidence for hamrfulness of omega-3. There is evidence on links to cancer, low T, lower androgenic tone, liver toxicity, etc. Simple rule of thumb - i.e. "lipid peroxidation = BAD". No fat in the diet oxidizes more easily than omega-3. Nothing raises malondialdehyde (MDA) more easily than omega-3. Nothing raises TBARS more easily than omega-3. Nothing induces vitamin E deficiency more easily than omega-3. All of these are basic biochemical realities, undisputed by even mainstream medicine and published in hundreds of thousands of studies.
Fish oil consumption increases melanoma risk
Fish Oil Worsens Diabetes
Fish oil (omega-3) damages liver, saturated fat protects it
Higher Omega-3/omega-6 Ratio May Damage The Brain Irreversibly
Omega-3 (DHA, EPA) Degrades The Androgen Receptor
PUFA Is Essential For Cancer, Aspirin And/or Blocking Estrogen Therapeutic
The fish oil scam may have been planned from the start
PUFA Cause Fatal Swelling Seen In Brain Infections; SFA Are Harmless
The Protein In Fish, Not Omega-3, Are Protective Against Brain Disease
Omega-3s Are Useless for You. They’re Also Terrible for the Environment.
Omega-3 supplements are essentially useless for preventing diseases, according to a new study
Fish oil pills for healthy heart 'nonsense'

Last edited:
OP
Beefcake

Beefcake

So right now I am not sure what effect it has on testerone, as Beefcake says the male studies/rat studies show some benefit.
So you're saying don't take a high quality omega 3 oil? But to eat real fish?

As an aside, I still believe it may be immunosuppressive which is a dangerous problem. Though I haven't looked into it myself

Why would it be immunosuppresive? It’s a way for ray to explain that it reduces inflammation. Ray says its the only mechanism that it could reduce inflammation but eventually it will become inflamatory. Its just s hypothesis and there’s no research to back his thoughts up on this. All research points to it being antiinflammatory because it displaces omega 6 in cells thus reducing prostaglandin synthesis. That makes sense

ilikecats

@Beefcake its a thyroid hormone Antagonist and apparently it does that job better than the omega 6. It binds to the same transport protein as thyroxin I believe, blocking thyroid hormones effects. @haidut probably knows more about it

OP
Beefcake

Beefcake

@Beefcake - I hope you are not trolling. Did you do any search on this forum or read any of Peat's articles before posing these things? You ask for evidence showing omega-3 is harmful and it is easily available by a simple search on this forum or Peat's website. In fact, some of the relevant threads show up at the very bottom of the screen as "similar threads". Did you not see those before asking for evidence, or even while posting this thread? How many times are we going to go through this "well, hhmmm, not really sure Peat is right on this PUFA thing...". If you do the homework the answer will be clear. Btw, have you also heard of "yellow fat disease"? Google it please. It happens precisely when you eat fatty fish regularly. No need to take rancid supplements. Perfectly inducible by regularly eating fresh, non-rancid, fatty fish.
Anyways, here is just a TINY portion of the extensive evidence for hamrfulness of omega-3. There is evidence on links to cancer, low T, lower androgenic tone, liver toxicity, etc. Simple rule of thumb - i.e. "lipid peroxidation = BAD". No fat in the diet oxidizes more easily than omega-3. Nothing raises malondialdehyde (MDA) more easily than omega-3. Nothing raises TBARS more easily than omega-3. All of these are basic biochemical realities, undisputed by even mainstream medicine and published in hundreds of thousands of studies.
Fish oil consumption increases melanoma risk
Fish Oil Worsens Diabetes
Fish oil (omega-3) damages liver, saturated fat protects it
Higher Omega-3/omega-6 Ratio May Damage The Brain Irreversibly
Omega-3 (DHA, EPA) Degrades The Androgen Receptor
PUFA Is Essential For Cancer, Aspirin And/or Blocking Estrogen Therapeutic
The fish oil scam may have been planned from the start
PUFA Cause Fatal Swelling Seen In Brain Infections; SFA Are Harmless
The Protein In Fish, Not Omega-3, Are Protective Against Brain Disease
Omega-3s Are Useless for You. They’re Also Terrible for the Environment.
Omega-3 supplements are essentially useless for preventing diseases, according to a new study
Fish oil pills for healthy heart 'nonsense'

First off you’re linking to posts on this forum written by you where you have selected the title to be shown. Very missleading as when you enter the actual study they are about total different things. You just analyse and twist them a lot to fit your narrative. Don’t have time right now to scrutinize them but will come back and pick them apart.

Kartoffel

I just google searched it/pubmed and did see some info on it increasing test in rats or increasing sperm motility in men.

Congratulations.

No opposite frankly. I’m being observational. You follow the advice of ray without having seen any studies on it. It’s just a claim that since its a PUFA its not beneficial due to oxidation. I can understand that. But hey iron is completely non beneficial? Without iron you be fuc ked dude. And its most potent oxidant. Why not the same with this. Im not saying to chug fish oil. But if you look at the research and stop being ignorant you might start to hesitate aswell.

Now stop trolling and bothering people.

Fish omega-3 fatty acids induce liver fibrosis in the treatment of bile duct-ligated rats. - PubMed - NCBI
The Influence of Dietary Fat Source on Life Span in Calorie Restricted Mice
Dietary saturated fatty acids: a novel treatment for alcoholic liver disease. - PubMed - NCBI
Markedly enhanced cytochrome P450 2E1 induction and lipid peroxidation is associated with severe liver injury in fish oil-ethanol-fed rats. - PubMed - NCBI

upload_2019-6-12_1-58-3.jpeg

Last edited:

lampofred

This forum has taken a strange turn lately. I saw some other posts today recommending fasting to lower blood sugar and blaming carbs/fruit/fructose for insulin resistance and now we are at fish oil is good for you.

@Beefcake Have you read RP's article on fish oil (The Great Fish Oil Experiment)? It answers all of your questions.

This forum has taken a strange turn lately. I saw some other posts today recommending fasting to lower blood sugar and blaming carbs/fruit/fructose for insulin resistance and now we are at fish oil is good for you.

@Beefcake Have you read RP's article on fish oil (The Great Fish Oil Experiment)? It answers all of your questions.

I agree with you. There are some Krazy Threads lately. It is a bit frustrating.

OP
Beefcake

Beefcake

One of your studies say omega 3 has no effect one says it increases Testosterone by increasing steroidogenic acute regulatory protein and two talks about PUFA which could be omega 6 or any other fatty acid.

A low-fat diet enriched in fish oil increased lipogenesis and fetal outcome of C57BL/6 mice. - PubMed - NCBI

Heres another study saying it increases sTAR

And heres another one

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/b794/a86d4c3cb994ab095680070082fe67f53e30.pdf

Fish Oil Ameliorates High-Fat Diet Induced Male Mouse Reproductive Dysfunction via Modifying the Rhythmic Expression of Testosterone Synthesis Related Genes

OP
Beefcake

Beefcake

@Beefcake its a thyroid hormone Antagonist and apparently it does that job better than the omega 6. It binds to the same transport protein as thyroxin I believe, blocking thyroid hormones effects. @haidut probably knows more about it

Could you please link me to source? Im not here to try to argue against you or anyone im just interested in learning.

ShotTrue

Why would it be immunosuppresive? It’s a way for ray to explain that it reduces inflammation. Ray says its the only mechanism that it could reduce inflammation but eventually it will become inflamatory. Its just s hypothesis and there’s no research to back his thoughts up on this. All research points to it being antiinflammatory because it displaces omega 6 in cells thus reducing prostaglandin synthesis. That makes sense
Fair enough. I'm glad you are bringing up all these points, I don't know the answers myself

I absolutely hate that a lot of the forum goes into a crying fit defending some abstract thought of Ray's, and not being able to defend it. I haven't seen anyone healthy with low estrogen, but a lot of people loathing it, and aromatase deficiency is classified as a disease.

As you say, I don't recall an explanation of why fish oil suppresses the immune system.
I genuinely hate the hypocrisy of Ray saying to be a self-authortiatian but then this forum worshiping him and disagreeing with things without any proof. Several times Peat himself said they misunderstood what his intention was... It's pathetic

You shouldn't blindly have to agree with every unexplained point of Peat's to be on the forum

ShotTrue

I agree with you. There are some Krazy Threads lately. It is a bit frustrating.
Not everyone has logged on here once a week for several years. I myself came on to the forum to learn how to reverse MPB, which I think I have figured out.
I like to read more though to continue learning

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals