Omega 3 Eggs -vitamin E?

reality

I don’t want to start a debate on whether omega 3 is beneficial or not, but I was thinking since all eggs contain PUFA it would be a good idea to buy the omega 3 Eggs since their PUFA profile would have more 3 than 6. I know PUFA is not good in any form, but at least the profile is better? . They don’t have any more PUFA than regular eggs, just more 3 than 6. If I’m gunna intake PUFA, I would rather it be omega 3 DHA/EPA

Out of curiosity I checked out Cronometer and apparently the omega 3 eggs have a huge amount of vitamin e... 1 egg has 5mg!
How accurate do you think this is?

The eggs I can get the chickens are fed algae, which I would imagine would also up their iodine content.

thoughts?

Maljam

I personally try not to get too obsessed with things like this, I used to, and it didn't get me anywhere good.

In my opinion, I dont think having one eggs over the other would cause any noticeable health benefits or detriments. The rest of your diet would be much more important than whatever balance of fats is inside a couple of eggs.

If you had noticeable reactions over one than another, that would be different, but it might be tricky to judge without bias.

Just cook them in a big lump of butter and incorporate cheese and don't think about it :grinning:

Last edited:
I personally try not to get too obsessed with things like this, I used to, and it didn't get me anywhere good.

In my opinion, I dont think having one eggs over the other would cause any noticeable health benefits or detriments. The rest of your diet would be much more important than whatever balance of fats is inside a couple of eggs.

If you had noticeable reactions over one than another, that would be different, but it might be tricky to judge without bias.

Just cook them in a big lump of butter and incorporate cheese and don't think about it :grinning:

A butter cooked cheese omelette, yum.

OP
R

reality

true, I get what you’re saying. I’m just curious about the vitamin E content because if you check out crononmeter the omega 3 eggs have a huge amount of vitamin E, and if it’s accurate they would probably be one of the best sources out there

schultz

I think an omega-3 egg has 1.3g PUFA and a regular egg has 0.7g PUFA. This is significant (to me at least). Also omega-3 eggs taste bad to me. I was actually reading a study from like the 30's comparing eggs from chickens given different fats in their diet and the researchers commented that the flax enriched eggs tasted bad. I thought that was funny.

I buy these eggs in Ontario called "Golden D" eggs (since I don't have chickens ATM) that are enriched in vitamin E and vitamin D (and a couple other things) but without being given extra PUFA. They have the same amount of vitamin E as the omega-3 eggs (it says 50% of the RDA).

Edit: I just realized I got that information about the amount of PUFA in the omega-3 eggs from the packaging at the store, not from a nutrition database. Feed is pretty standardized though, so it probably is relevant to most "omega-3" eggs.