Omega-3 Benefits NAFLD?

Agent207

They throw pufas on rats chow.
It's part of the immunosupresive mediated effect.
It's propaganda from the fish industry....

Now seriously, I wasn't ever been sold on natural dha strong stigmatism. There are tons of legit studies out there for a serious researcher to look at; yes lots flawed and/or biased.. but NOT ALL. That said, I'm loosing even more credibility on Peat as time has been going on; but this is more my fault probably by too high expectancy when I started reading his work, being a bit carried by the hype. He has brought an excelent outcome on some areas no doubt, but now I'm seeing it's dogmatic and close mindset in others as well; Mostly on the surface of dietary advice than at the heart of the science, where I think he truly shines.

The other day I was listening one of the kmud interviews, I think it was one of the vaccinations talk. I suddenly was kind of shocked when he suggested that babies shown a higher IQ from mothers who ate fish the most, BECAUSE MERCURY CONTENT PROBABLY!! Yes you heard it well. I had to go back and re-listen it 3 times.

So it happens now that the rise of mercury at the sea by man polluting it on the last century is the reason of higher IQ observed on kids from mothers who ate more fish...

Last edited:
OP
taesch

taesch

They throw pufas on rats chow.

It's propaganda from the fish industry.

Now seriously, I was never been sold on natural dha blnd stigmatism. Theres tons of legit studies for a serious researcher to look at. That said, I'm loosing more credibility on Peat as times goes on, but this is more my fault probably by too high expectancy when I read his life work. He brought excelent outcome on some areas, but now I'm seeing it's dogmatic and close minded side.

The other day I was listening one of the kmud interviews, I think it was one of the vaccinations talk. So I was kind of shocked when he suggested that babies shown higher IQ from mothers who ate fish, BECAUSE MERCURY PROBABLY!! Yes you heard it well. I had to go back and re-listen it 3 times.

Now it happens that the rise of mercury at the sea by man polluting on the last century is the reason of higher IQ observed on kids from mothers that ate fish...

Thanks for the reply and just want to show that it didn't show up on my screen. I agree that RP's comment about mercury exposure of the mother increasing baby's IQ is bizzare. I can't speak to that right now. What I have gleaned about Omega-3 as 'preventing some inflammation markers compared to -6 or saturated fats' can be used therapeutically. From the study I posted and many others, improvement in markers like AST, ASL, TAG etc...(not that I know what these are) are attributed to n-3. Would this reduction be analogous to modulating over-active immune function for temporary relief? To this I would add that RP has said PUFAs are locally injected during surgery to inhibit the immune response.

Dante

So it happens now that the rise of mercury at the sea by man polluting it on the last century is the reason of higher IQ observed on kids from mothers who ate more fish...
The force of sarcasm is strong in this one

Wagner83

The other day I was listening one of the kmud interviews, I think it was one of the vaccinations talk. I suddenly was kind of shocked when he suggested that babies shown a higher IQ from mothers who ate fish the most, BECAUSE MERCURY CONTENT PROBABLY!! Yes you heard it well. I had to go back and re-listen it 3 times.

What? Pretty sure he cited many times that there was a study showing giving fish oil to pregnant women resulted in slow learning and smaller brain size for the babies (and I don't think PUFAs in fish are the cause behind most illnesses and metabolic problems).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals