Olive Oil, Not Coconut Oil, Makes Skin Ageing Slower

If you want real olive oil without spending a fortune you should buy directly from a frantoio (where the oil is freshly made from locally sourced olives), there are like 5000 of them in Italy, I'd imagine some ship to the US but I don't think it would be really convenient, like 1 liter can be 6-10+ euros depending on the area, factor in the shipping etc, if you want to stock up on it I guess it could be a bit expensive (well, relatively speaking, 1 liter of 100% certified italian extra virgin oil can cost you 2/3x that in a supermarket). In my area in southern Italy a lot of people just gather or buy the olives and then bring them to a frantoio to have them made into oil, that's way cheaper than buying the finished product.
By the way it's not a matter of ''organized crime'', it's a matter of profit, you find the same piss poor diluted quality in oil coming from Spain, Greece, etc. The oil you buy in supermarket for a comparable price is simply not real olive oil, it's mostly yellow watery imitation, when I was a student I used to consume cheap supermarket oil and when I started producing my own oil I was positively shocked, the difference is really that big, real olive oil is more green-ish than yellow, it's ofc denser with a strong flavour, almost pungent and ''peppery'' and it stings the back of your throat a bit, I think it can even be a bit ''unpleasant'' at first to people only used to supermarket olive oil.

felt that peppery olive oil a decade ago. Will check for the greenish kind.

amd

Some olive varieties are higher in PUFA content.

Olive oil seems better for skin application, absorbs well, unlike coconut oil.

RP has talked about avocado oil, not the best option.

amd

RP: "If the avocado oil comes from the seed, it's pretty saturated and safe, but if they use the whole fruit that would be very unsaturated. So I think you shouldn't eat a lot of fresh avocados regularly."

RP: ".. avocados, for example, contain so much unsaturated fat that they can be carcinogenic and hepatotoxic."

RP: "The chitinase allergens are responsible for reactions to latex (which is secreted by rubber trees in reaction to a wound), bananas, avocados, many other fruits and vegetables .."

Kram

RP: "If the avocado oil comes from the seed, it's pretty saturated and safe, but if they use the whole fruit that would be very unsaturated. So I think you shouldn't eat a lot of fresh avocados regularly."

RP: ".. avocados, for example, contain so much unsaturated fat that they can be carcinogenic and hepatotoxic."

RP: "The chitinase allergens are responsible for reactions to latex (which is secreted by rubber trees in reaction to a wound), bananas, avocados, many other fruits and vegetables .."
An avocado has about the same amount of PUFA (2 grams) as a couple of eggs, a pound of 85% lean ground beef or 3-4 cups of whole milk. PUFA from whole foods is also way different than adulterated seed oils that are heat processed and/or used for cooking. I haven't read all of it Peat's stuff but it seems he lumps all PUFAs / unsaturated fat into the same basket. Doesn't seem logical to me.

amd

In terms of amounts of each type, avocado oil looks like olive oil. Both are very low in saturated fats.

The last two quotes are from articles at his website, you can search for them and the references at the end.

He has mentioned that avocado oil is harder on the liver.