Olive Oil Is NOT Good For You

Cirion

Where do you find the quality single cold pressed olive oil? I realized most of my OO is probably garbage. Pressing more than once is not good, and heating of any kind is also not good to it.

Runenight201

why do you insist upon such a sensationalist title? real olive oil isn't bad for you. i get "home made" olive oil straight from greece, and the guy who makes it consumes a liter (9000 kcal) of olive oil a day and is very healthy. i know it's hard to believe, but it's true

Dragging a thread out from the grave to start something lol why?

B

Braveheart

I have recently re-studied olive oil because of my interest in longevity...many centenarians swear by olive oil...for example I like this guys diet....

DR HINOHARA age 105
"For breakfast I drink coffee, a glass of milk and some orange juice with a tablespoon of olive oil in it. Olive oil is great for the arteries and keeps my skin healthy. Lunch is milk and a few cookies, or nothing when I am too busy to eat. I never get hungry because I focus on my work. Dinner is veggies, a bit of fish and rice, and, twice a week, 100 grams of lean meat"

Dr. Valter Longo, head of the University of California Longevity Center recommends a lot of olive daily.

And then you have this counter argument....
The Truth About Olive Oil | Pritikin Weight Loss Resort

I think olive oil has some amazing things in it. It is also possible that PUFA levels vary a lot between brands.

TeaRex14

Ray has stated before olive oil has some key antioxidants in it that's good for heart health. Because of the unsaturated fat content in it it's best to keep it under 1 tablespoon a day. Refined coconut oil, butter, and tallow are about as good as you can get, in regards to PUFA. Butter and tallow are both too fattening for me, so I keep with the expeller pressed coconut oil (nonhydrogenated). I haven't been convinced yet that hydrogenation is totally benign.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals