Olive Leaf Anyone?

LeeLemonoil

I feel extremely good using OLE. It subjectively feels very androgenic.

I feel only positive effects too. Olive leaf tea is also a good way to get some of the substances - the glucosides of some of the compounds are more water soluble and higher than in ethanolic extracts

Inaut

what about it's ability to increase NO? I thought I read it somewhere....

Travis

Don't forget about oleocanthal's ability to inhibit cyclooxygenase, at which it's more potent in doing so than ibuprofen.

I'd just go whole-leaf . . . and I actually do think I do have some lying around in a box somewhere. Make no mistake about it, phytochemicals can be every bit as potent and selective as those designed by pharmaceutical companies—which, although very profitable for them are merely superfluous to most of humanity. A case-in-point isotretinoin: although not a synthetic molecule exclusively as it's a minor retinoid in mammals, this molecule is patented in spite of this and merely serves as a retinoic acid prodrug. Isotretinoin's mechanism had been notoriously-elusive for decades since it neither activates nor inhibits any known receptor . . . but it doesn't need to since it's photo-isomerized on the skin to all-trans-retinoic acid:

This is similar the cis-trans isomerization of retinal, the canonical first step in visual photoreception.

retinoate.png

It makes a person wonder if Roche knew all along that taking Accutane™ is simply a relatively dangerous way of getting all-trans-retinoic acid on the skin? While true that retinoic acid lotion would be far less profitable, it wouldn't cause liver damage.

Taking all-trans-retinoic acid will not work because our bodies' have a feedback system that strictly regulates its circulating concentration. Since isotretinoin binds only weakly to retinoic acid receptors and enzymes—which more-or-less disregard it—it can sneak past them like a Trojan Horse and become isomerized on the skin to all-natural, all-trans retinoic acid.

Last edited:

jet9

I just started using it, and it definitely makes me feel warmer. My entire metabolism has increased. Kinda need to becareful I don't run into HYPERthyroid state. So I will have small amounts of L-Carnitine on standby.

I can somewhat notice the DOPAMINE boosting effect (MAO-Bi), which is why I started using it. Feels quite mentally uplifting and stimulating to a degree.
Lokzo, are you still using OLE? What brand and dosages?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Lokzo, are you still using OLE? What brand and dosages?

I use it on and off with other herbs. It's definitely pro-thyroid, reduces fat mass, improves libido, dopaminergic and Orexin-activating.

Just make sure you get a fresh leaf extract, not "Dried leaf". Make sure it's also standardised to a certain % of Oleuropein.

L

lollipop

I use it on and off with other herbs. It's definitely pro-thyroid, reduces fat mass, improves libido, dopaminergic and Orexin-activating.

Just make sure you get a fresh leaf extract, not "Dried leaf". Make sure it's also standardised to a certain % of Oleuropein.
Which brand do you use @Lokzo?

BigChad

I was told in another topic that olive leaf is estrogenic, sadly.

Do you have the links/info for this? The main side effect i've found is it could possibly affect vitamin d absorption in the gut. Also everything ive seen seems to suggest that oleupurin specifically, is anti aromatase and raises testosterone

Sativa

Worth noting that olive leaf also stimulates the main wakefulness peptide called orexin (via GLP- 1).

Poor orexin tone = sensation of low/sluggish energy, narcolepsy etc.

Modafinil, a drug for boosting alertness, works via orexin.

Orexin "receptors" OX1 & OX2 are co-localised (they share neurons) with cannabinoid 1 "receptors" and opioid "receptors", implying intercommunication/interaction between them, and 'shared functionality'.

Orexin Receptor Multimerization versus Functional Interactions: Neuropharmacological Implications for Opioid and Cannabinoid Signalling and Pharmacogenetics

Last edited:

BigChad

Lots of good articles here:

Olive Oil & Olive Extracts

@Amazoniac Was wondering about your thoughts on olive leaf based on the link above it seems great. I have found an olive leaf product standardized for 25% oleupurein plus other compounds from the olive leaf, and it has an additional 25mg of "olive fruit extract" standardized for 20% hydroxytyrosol. However it seems to cause a crazy detox reaction after a single 500mg capsule so this may have to be something I implement another day

BigChad

what brand and dosage are you running on it.
what foods is oleocanthal found in high amounts. regular green, italian olives? or greek olives. which are better

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
what brand and dosage are you running on it.
what foods is oleocanthal found in high amounts. regular green, italian olives? or greek olives. which are better

When I was using it, I was using Comvita brand. It was really nice, I actually miss it! It always made me so warmmm, and also felt great 2 hours before the gym.

Oleocanthal is another cool compound. I'm actually not sure.

Maybe @Antonello will know!? (I bet he will say Italian olives, since he's an italian fk boy haha).

Antonello

When I was using it, I was using Comvita brand. It was really nice, I actually miss it! It always made me so warmmm, and also felt great 2 hours before the gym.

Oleocanthal is another cool compound. I'm actually not sure.

Maybe @Antonello will know!? (I bet he will say Italian olives, since he's an italian fk boy haha).
ahahahah Lucas my bro! I never tried Olive leaf extract...I'm not a huge fan of olive oil too because doesn't feels androgenic at all to me

BigChad

ahahahah Lucas my bro! I never tried Olive leaf extract...I'm not a huge fan of olive oil too because doesn't feels androgenic at all to me

most olive oil may be adulterated with pufa, maybe best to avoid unless you are sure its pufa free. apparently the pufa from the olives themselves can be changed depending on how they are grown

LeeLemonoil

The metabolic and vascular protective effects of Olive (Olea europaea L.) leaf extract in diet-induced obesity in mice are related to the ameliorat... - PubMed - NCBI

The metabolic and vascular protective effects of Olive (Olea europaea L.) leaf extract in diet-induced obesity in mice are related to the amelioration of gut microbiota dysbiosis and to its immunomodulatory properties.

Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
Many studies have showed the beneficial effects of the olive (Olea europaea) leaf extract (OLE) in experimental models of metabolic syndrome, which have been ascribed to the presence of phenolic compounds, like oleuropeoside. This study evaluated the effects of a chemically characterized OLE in high fat diet (HFD)-induced obesity in mice, describing the underlying mechanisms involved in the beneficial effects, with special attention to vascular dysfunction and gut microbiota composition.

METHODS:
C57BL/6 J mice were distributed in different groups: control, control-treated, obese and obese-treated with OLE (1, 10 and 25 mg/kg/day). Control mice received a standard diet, whereas obese mice were fed HFD. The treatment was followed for 5 weeks, and animal body weight periodically assessed. At the end of the treatment, metabolic plasma analysis (including lipid profile) as well as glucose and insulin levels were performed. The HFD-induced inflammatory status was studied in liver and fat, by determining the RNA expression of different inflammatory mediators by qPCR; also, different markers of intestinal epithelial barrier function were determined in colonic tissue by qPCR. Additionally, flow cytometry of immune cells from adipose tissue, endothelial dysfunction in aortic rings as well as gut microbiota composition were evaluated. Faecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) to antibiotic-treated mice fed with HFD was performed.

RESULTS:
OLE administration reduced body weight gain, basal glycaemia and insulin resistance, and showed improvement in plasma lipid profile when compared with HFD-fed mice. The extract significantly ameliorated the HFD-induced altered expression of key adipogenic genes, like PPARs, adiponectin and leptin receptor, in adipose tissue. Furthermore, the extract reduced the RNA expression of Tnf-α, Il-1β, Il-6 in liver and adipose tissue, thus improving the tissue inflammatory status associated to obesity. The flow cytometry analysis in adipose tissue corroborated these observations. Additionally, the characterization of the colonic microbiota by sequencing showed that OLE administration was able to counteract the dysbiosis associated to obesity. The extract reversed the endothelial dysfunction observed in the aortic rings of obese mice. FMT from donors HFD-OLE to recipient mice fed an HFD prevented the development of obesity, glucose intolerance, insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction.

CONCLUSION:
OLE exerts beneficial effects in HFD-induced obesity in mice, which was associated to an improvement in plasma and tissue metabolic profile, inflammatory status, gut microbiota composition and vascular dysfunction.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
The metabolic and vascular protective effects of Olive (Olea europaea L.) leaf extract in diet-induced obesity in mice are related to the ameliorat... - PubMed - NCBI

The metabolic and vascular protective effects of Olive (Olea europaea L.) leaf extract in diet-induced obesity in mice are related to the amelioration of gut microbiota dysbiosis and to its immunomodulatory properties.

Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
Many studies have showed the beneficial effects of the olive (Olea europaea) leaf extract (OLE) in experimental models of metabolic syndrome, which have been ascribed to the presence of phenolic compounds, like oleuropeoside. This study evaluated the effects of a chemically characterized OLE in high fat diet (HFD)-induced obesity in mice, describing the underlying mechanisms involved in the beneficial effects, with special attention to vascular dysfunction and gut microbiota composition.

METHODS:
C57BL/6 J mice were distributed in different groups: control, control-treated, obese and obese-treated with OLE (1, 10 and 25 mg/kg/day). Control mice received a standard diet, whereas obese mice were fed HFD. The treatment was followed for 5 weeks, and animal body weight periodically assessed. At the end of the treatment, metabolic plasma analysis (including lipid profile) as well as glucose and insulin levels were performed. The HFD-induced inflammatory status was studied in liver and fat, by determining the RNA expression of different inflammatory mediators by qPCR; also, different markers of intestinal epithelial barrier function were determined in colonic tissue by qPCR. Additionally, flow cytometry of immune cells from adipose tissue, endothelial dysfunction in aortic rings as well as gut microbiota composition were evaluated. Faecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) to antibiotic-treated mice fed with HFD was performed.

RESULTS:
OLE administration reduced body weight gain, basal glycaemia and insulin resistance, and showed improvement in plasma lipid profile when compared with HFD-fed mice. The extract significantly ameliorated the HFD-induced altered expression of key adipogenic genes, like PPARs, adiponectin and leptin receptor, in adipose tissue. Furthermore, the extract reduced the RNA expression of Tnf-α, Il-1β, Il-6 in liver and adipose tissue, thus improving the tissue inflammatory status associated to obesity. The flow cytometry analysis in adipose tissue corroborated these observations. Additionally, the characterization of the colonic microbiota by sequencing showed that OLE administration was able to counteract the dysbiosis associated to obesity. The extract reversed the endothelial dysfunction observed in the aortic rings of obese mice. FMT from donors HFD-OLE to recipient mice fed an HFD prevented the development of obesity, glucose intolerance, insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction.

CONCLUSION:
OLE exerts beneficial effects in HFD-induced obesity in mice, which was associated to an improvement in plasma and tissue metabolic profile, inflammatory status, gut microbiota composition and vascular dysfunction.

Yet another reason to love Olive Leaf extract. I am going to start using it again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals