Oldest (109) WWII Vet Eats Milk, Ice Cream And Soup, Coffee

TubZy

He talks about his diet at the 6:35 mark, he also smokes a ***t ton of cigars and drinks whiskey lol

Corn and starchy soups.

Similar to this guy:

Brazilian who turned 126 years old last week could be oldest living person

"his daily plate of rice and beans"

But the soups they show are MSG laden cheap Campbell's soups. He's just a genetic freak. Extremely rare. Out of billions who've ever lived, estimated to be around 100 billion, there's only little evidence of 4 or 5 people living past 117. Your chances of making it there are basically nonexistent. Yes I know record keeping was limited until recently but still.

See what @tyw said here:

"TL;DR -- Centenarians have insanely efficient mitochondria that produce a lot of metabolic end products (CO2!!!) and produce very little Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS).

You are given your mitochondria by your Mother; How "good" your mitochondria are a direct result of how good your Mum's mitochondria are.
What factors affect this? No clue ;)

This "more efficient mitochondria => longer and more healthy lifespans" is observed right through all eukaryotic life. Witness birds and their insane metabolic rates, and much longer lives (anywhere from 20% to even 100+% longer) compared to mammals of the same body mass. Bats have similar advantages, which led to speculations on "insanely efficient mitochondria as a response to evolving flight".

101 Year Old Fred Kummerow Exercised A Lot And Eats Whole Grains, Oatmeal, And Vegetables

Last edited:

bistecca

Another interview he talks about how he was an active farmer as a young man, he and his mom sold pork, milk, butter, eggs, etc. Probably small farm high quality stuff.

Herbie

I watched this last week and realised he is very adaptive and bases his life off of what makes him feel good. I watched another one which is after this video and had pneumonia but now has recovered.

Great strength to recover from pneumonia at 110.

nikolabeacon

I think that only thing in common for long lived people is simplicity and satisfaction with basic things in life . They are somehow completely devoided of striving for something "big".

I know many cases of survivors from war or holocaust or people who had a lot of struggling in youth who live to an old age....this is because they sensed the deeper and simpler meaning of life

@tyw explanations are probably valuable

Last edited:
Any mention of his supplements/medicines @ 6:50 in the video? Appears to be an aspirin bottle he has open while he drinks his coffee :D
Looks to be at least 8 bottles on the table.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Any mention of his supplements/medicines @ 6:50 in the video? Appears to be an aspirin bottle he has open while he drinks his coffee :D
Looks to be at least 8 bottles on the table.

I tried listening again, I don't think I heard anything about aspirin though. It would be cool if he did haha.

Elephanto

Extremely low stress, mainly. Tobacco probably helps, it's a powerful antiestrogen and it is absorbed from the mouth with cigars rather than damaging the lungs.

sladerunner69

Yeah I've read about this dude before. I didn't know they had african american troops i the great war. Anyways his secret is in the cigars he smokes all day- natural tobacco that upregulates thyroid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals